Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 PM

39,810 posts, read 26,322,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The difference is with Katrina it took days and weeks before people even saw the first signs of assistance, with Sandy, we saw it the moment the storm came to an end. Plus, Sandy was much more than a "rain storm" and you know it.
Funny how you manage to forget the "where's FEMA" videos coming out many days after Sandy passed. Sandy severely damaged individual neighborhoods, while a couple streets away things were largely normal. Not exactly difficult to get assistance a couple blocks. Katrina destroyed roads and bridges and blocked others with debris for hundreds of miles. And many of the individuals trapped were in much more remote, sparsely populated areas than NYC. A much bigger job to get through.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,022,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny how you manage to forget the "where's FEMA" videos coming out many days after Sandy passed. Sandy severely damaged individual neighborhoods, while a couple streets away things were largely normal. Not exactly difficult to get assistance a couple blocks. Katrina destroyed roads and bridges and blocked others with debris for hundreds of miles. And many of the individuals trapped were in much more remote, sparsely populated areas than NYC. A much bigger job to get through.
I didn't forget the "where's FEMA" videos, I also know New Yorkers like to think everything needs to happen yesterday, so of course there is gonna be people complaining.

Also, you must not of remembered that FEMA was poorly prepared for Katrina and had no emergency teams in place to get aid to people as soon as possible.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,928,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I understand the anger but where do you suddenly place 1000 people that are suddenly homeless, maybe the OP has some ideas. FEMA has done everything they could under the circumstances, thie is the worst storm we have ever seen in terms of damage.
Maybe they could put em in all the empty homes fannie and freddie has stolen via false documention and lies and deception from the people??

Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe they could put em in all the empty homes fannie and freddie has stolen via false documention and lies and deception from the people??
Most of those were probably damaged and destroyed in the storm seeing many of those foreclosures were in the hard hit areas.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,058,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Was that an act of Congress or a Supreme Court ruling?

Link, please.
Neither, it is an attitude of the ruling elite, mostly DemocRats, and especially Obama. Sorry, no sausage today.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Most of those were probably damaged and destroyed in the storm seeing many of those foreclosures were in the hard hit areas.
Well hell nothing a few more tax dollars can't fix up.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well hell nothing a few more tax dollars can't fix up.
Actually yes, that is what emergency aid is, and I hope everyone is able to get the assistance they need and that these cities get to see their towns rebuilt.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Government red tape, these are FEMA trailers. We had a flood here last year and most people were unable to use them because you can't put the trailer in a "flood zone"...... never mind that most of the areas effected didn't see flooding to that extent since 1972 if at all:

Google Maps

While I'm sure some of them were utilized I didn't see a single one these actually being used by someone anywhere. What are you supposed to do, go rent or buy some land to put it on? They were still sitting there in the summer, I don't know if they are still there.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,948,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I do. And I'm on the north shore of LI which wasn't as badly hit as the south shore and those folks in Staten Island. Obama is a lying POS and flew in and flew out for his photo op.

It is now 60 days 32 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

But then again, we're mostly white people. Why should a black President care about us?
Oh, well your true motives appear, the " I hate the Black President" syndrome.

Don't worry even while he's helping the ignorant, he's not going to hold it against them.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Actually yes, that is what emergency aid is, and I hope everyone is able to get the assistance they need and that these cities get to see their towns rebuilt.
If your talking about home repairs from storms actually that is what insurance is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies