Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times

Advertisements

11-29-2012: This evening, the U.S. Senate voted on Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act sponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), and co-sponsored by Sen. Rand Paul, which protects the rights prescribed to Americans in the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution with regard to indefinite detention and the right to a trial by jury.

The amendment passed, 67-29.

Maybe there's still hope after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,314 times
Was this before or after he voted for more sanctions on Iran? The man is a joke and a neocon in libertarian clothing.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
For those keeping score, 25 Republican voted no (compared to 3 Democrats).

Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Was this before or after he voted for more sanctions on Iran? The man is a joke and a neocon in libertarian clothing.
neocon? not hardly

The Iranian regime is engaged in the pursuit of nuclear weapons and supports terrorism across the globe. I supported S.Amdt.1414 because the sanctions are targeted to the regime's financing of those activities through the central bank and unlike other sanctions, not against the Iranian people.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:51 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
For those keeping score, 25 Republican voted no (compared to 3 Democrats).
About time the dems did something right. 25 is horrible

Old 12-01-2012, 05:58 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
More detailed score-keeping of the NO votes:

Rubio (R-FL)
McConnell (R-KY)
Hatch (R-UT)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lugar (R-IN)
Sessions (R-AL)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Portman (R-OH)
Roberts (R-KS)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

Lieberman (ID-CT)

Pryor (D-AR)
Nelson (D-NE)
Manchin (D-WV)

Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
About time the dems did something right. 25 is horrible
Keep in mind that it was the Republicans (McCain) who pushed this atrocity of a bill through. Obama gladly signed it because he never passed up an opportunity for more power in his life. The fact that it was signed in the middle of the night, Christmas morning, reveals they didn't want anyone to notice what they were doing.

We all know that the two parties are equally guilty of stepping on our rights. The difference is the Republicans do it under the guise of liberty, and the Democrats do it under the guise of social justice. Either way they no longer work for us, as much as they do special interest and corporations.

The fact that Rubio voted NO has completely changed my opinion of him. He's just a newer slicker version of the same pile of garbage that has been occupying DC for the last thirty years.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post

I'd bet you have no clue what a neocon is.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeller View Post
Was this before or after he voted for more sanctions on Iran? The man is a joke and a Nikon in libertarian clothing.
Rand is not as principled as his dad but is it better to chip away at bad legislation or get nothing? The sanctions on Iraq's central bank could be a smart move, mess with peoples money and they take notice. I also think it is a good thing for Americans to have a right to a trial, don't you?

I have been to the place you are at a purist never bending but in reality the world is not moving in our direction,unfortunately. I am not going to bash Rand for being part of good legislation.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The fact that Rubio voted NO has completely changed my opinion of him. He's just a newer slicker version of the same pile of garbage that has been occupying DC for the last thirty years.
I am not a fan of Rubio but I liked Toomey and he seems to be from that same pile of garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies