Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,383 times

Advertisements

Then why don't people greet "Happy Holidays" and say "holidays" when it comes to Valentine and Halloween?
Both holidays are still historically Christians anyway...

Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's Christians themselves that have ruined Christmas and have taken it far away from its humble origins and original meaning.
How have Christians done this....
Quote:
So please, spare us all from your whining.
Yes we know non-belivers never whine at this time of the year....

Quote:
I mean, Lexus in the driveway with a red bow tied around it? That's the fault of Atheists? Yea, right.
Are you saying "ONLY" a Christian would get this car?? ........wonder what it takes for Santa to give a Christian a Lexus and a non-beliver a lump of coal.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:03 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Although I do admit and understand that there are many products and signs saying "Christmas", however there are still some stores, products, and signs that avoid it when referring to Christmas, which is ridiculous and insulting. It has to be 100% Christmas, NOT holidays!
This is so incredibly childish, and I'm done going in circles over it... you can whine and cry all you want, but NOBODY will ever accomplish controlling 100% of what other people do. And for you to want 100% of the country to obey you is selfish, insensitive, and downright un-American. This is truly ridiculous, and Jesus would be shaking his finger at you for acting like a tyrant.

Quote:
Yes, they have freedom of speech to put and use whatever you want, but then don't expect us majority to purchase anything from those stores. We will boycott them! There are websites saying Christmas friendly, moderate, and unfriendly Christmas stores.
The number of Christians who care about this crap are a minority, so you can go ahead and "boycott" all you want - it won't change a thing, I promise. (otherwise these businesses would already be shut down, since I've been hearing this nonsense for YEARS)

Quote:
No matter how much I prove you, you still don't get happy. Open your eyes more, go to many different stores, and then come back. Holiday is more dominant on signage than Christmas.
Why would I be happy or sad either way? Unlike you, I don't care one way or another... I'm too busy worrying about my own life, enjoying my own celebrations & family/friends, and don't think it's my business to be telling others what to do. When somebody says "Merry Christmas" to me, I merely say "thank you;" so I guess I'm just a more tolerant person than you are.

Quote:
Hanukkah is NOT a national holiday, and America is not a Jewish nation. Don't tell me about it because only less than 2% celebrate it, and its not even a major holiday for Jews.
You want to control what 100% of the nation says & does for over a month... but I ask you not to answer with "Jews aren't the majority" (since it's completely irrelevant to my point), and you can't even satisfy that ONE simple request? Stop cutting & pasting the same darned replies, and try some critical thinking for a moment. Are you a teenager, by chance?

Definitely (past) time to put you on ignore, so don't bother replying.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-02-2012 at 12:54 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How have Christians done this....
With the over-commercialization and focus on GIFTS, money, food, etc - when most celebrators don't even attend Mass on Christmas Eve anymore. Then you have the incessant whining about the "War on Christmas," and basically spending the entire "season of peace & joy" complaining or engaging in gluttonous behavior. Is that enough, or should I continue?

But hey, who am I to judge? If that's how some people want to celebrate Christmas, I personally couldn't care less... just answering your question. And thankfully, this doesn't apply to ALL Christians.

Quote:
Yes we know non-belivers never whine at this time of the year....
Everyone whines from time to time, but Christians sure do seem to be the loudest this time of year. Aren't you all supposed to be cheery at Christmas time? I miss the days when people just sang and enjoyed themselves... nobody sat there with a marker, counting how many times Andy Williams said "Christmas" vs "Holiday," LOL.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-02-2012 at 12:59 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
No, Jesus is the most famous person who have ever lived on Earth. The bible is the most read and sold book in the world, and there are billions of them out there. Many famous people were inspired by Christ. More and more Jews will come out to honor Jesus... It's a beginning
One last reply - don't count on it, and we have our own Bible thanks.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
One last reply - don't count on it, and we have our own Bible thanks.
Your Hebrew bible (Torah) which is same as the Old Testament was leader to the messiah - Jesus Christ.
Why avoid replying to me? You feel bad that I tell true fact.... Very sad

Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Seriously. I have yet to observe a liberal/atheist prove to me that God doesn't exist.
Or, we have yet to observe a conservative/theist prove to me that this god of yours does exist.

See, two can play your silly game.

Last edited by Arjay51; 12-02-2012 at 08:22 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
No war on Christmas?

* "Happy Holidays" changed instead of "Merry Christmas"
* No more nativity scenes, and sometimes not even Christmas trees.
* "Holiday tree", "holiday lights", "holiday season", "holiday gifts", etc.
* Christmas Day insults militants atheists because 99% of Americans don't work.
* Christmas a "secular" or "Pegan" holiday.

and you're saying there's no war on Christmas...
Is Christmas not a "holy" day?

Last edited by TigerLily24; 12-02-2012 at 08:43 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Happy FSMmas.
May his noodley appendage touch you.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Funny how liberals accuse conservatives of waging a war on women, war on gays, war on minorities, war on illegal immigrants, war on seniors, war on the poor, etc. But when the tables are turned and the liberals are accused of a war on Christmas, they go into denial. Instead of intelligently defend their point of view...they attack and name call. Liberals are the most intolerant hypocritical people I know. They talk about how they are so inclusive and open minded but all they do is attack and label anyone that disagrees with them. It`s hilarious to watch them try to defend a position. All they do is attack and call people names.
There is nothing to deny. This liberal Christian KNOWS that there is no war in Christmas, at least not as Mr. O'Reilly defines it.
The real war on Christmas is being waged by people like Mr. O'Reilly and the OP who continue to use this sacred event to advance their own narrow agenda. If they were really concerned about Christmas, they would be railing against the secular idolatry now associated with the holiday. The OP states that 96% of Americans celebrate as if that is a good thing. We know that 96% of Americans will NOT be in church taking the sacrament on Christmas eve. We know that 96% of Americans will not get up on Christmas morning and remember why presents are given and opened.
If anything, true Christians should be appalled and disgusted by how "common" Christmas has become and how unconnected to Christ's birth.
That is the real war on Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies