Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 10:56 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If, by allowing a minority of people to not agree with your faith, it "destroys the cultural and traditional religious holiday" for you as you stated in your OP, then yes, your faith is weak. Your faith should be between you and God alone, and not dependent on strict conformity from everyone else in order to be sustained.
No, I want the public to recognize it too. Christians are majority, and we are the majority who pays taxes.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
This saying is a joke. There is no War on Christmas, despite what some believers would like to think. No one's being prohibited from practicing their beliefs or from celebrating Christmas. No one's being murdering, tortured or jailed from having Christmas. Christmas isn't being banned from society. You can still set up nativity scenes, christmas trees and christmas lights etc. You can still sing carols and go to church service. Also, the irony in this is that there's an uproar everytime there's an atheist display during Christmas. Case in point, the atheist placard that was put up in Olympia in 2008. There was a nationwide hysteria over that. As a sidenote, saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas isn't anti christian, you can say either of them. Ben Stein shouldn't be taken seriously on any of this.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
No, I want the public to recognize it too. Christians are majority, and we are the majority who pays taxes.
It IS recognized. For heaven's sake, where do you live that you can't see that?

But that's not good enough for you because some people still dare to not believe what you believe, and have the audacity to actually say so out loud. How dare they! Don't they know they're not in the majority, and therefore they have no right to disagree with you or believe differently than you? THAT'S what is ticking you off.

This uncompromising need for everyone to drop on bended knee and genuflect to what YOU believe in in order for you to be able to fully enjoy your religious holiday is what proves that your faith is weak. Real faith should have nothing to do with what anyone else believes or doesn't believe. That's not the case with you.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Seriously. I have yet to observe a liberal/atheist prove to me that God doesn't exist.
Waiting for you to prove to me that he does...

Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Happy Holidays Nunnor!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
He was the most influential man to CHRISTIANS... to us Jewish people, he was nothing more than a man.
See, that's the problem, Gizmo. You keep trying talk about people who aren't Christian, and to Christians like the ones on this thread, no one else even exists. They just happily assume everyone is just like them or at least understands that their beliefs are superior and will obligingly celebrate whatever they tell us to.

And when we stop being so obliging, they get their panties all in a bunch.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
[quote=Nunnor;27176842]
Quote:
They have already done, and the congress ruled it constitutional
Another example of your fantasy beliefs. Congress does not "rule" anything constitutional or not. The Supreme Court does that and, to my knowledge, it has not been ruled on.

Quote:
Believe me, atheists have sued everything that they don't like about God and religion, including going to court over Christmas Day being recognized by the government, etc. and everything ruled constitutional
Why in the world would anyone believe anything that you post? A clear and biased opinion is all you offer. Along with an attempt to condemn those who disagree with you and your alleged 80% majority (most of whom do not see these things the way you do).

Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And I have yet to observe anyone (regardless of political or religious beliefs) prove G-d DOES exist... but if there were such proof out there, from either side, do you really think a website link would be sufficient evidence? That's mostly what I was laughing about, since it seems many people today think all of life's answers can be found on the interwebs.

But if you must know, there have been numerous studies conducted by scientists on what happens when you die... still people are free to believe whatever they want, so I'm not sure why it matters either way. You should believe what you want, and learn to accept that some will disagree.
There is proof, it's called the universe. Are you insinuating that the universe violated it's own physical laws to create itself?

Matter is neither created, nor destroyed. If that's a LAW OF PHYSICS how did the universe get here?

Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
See, that's the problem, Gizmo. You keep trying talk about people who aren't Christian, and to Christians like the ones on this thread, no one else even exists. They just happily assume everyone is just like them or at least understands that their beliefs are superior and will obligingly celebrate whatever they tell us to.

And when we stop being so obliging, they get their panties all in a bunch.
What a misinformed pie graph. Are you familiar with South African history, where a teeny white minority oppressed 85% of the population

Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
LOL..how profound. Glad you told me this or i would've never known.

In any case, can someone PLEASE explain to me why you're not angry about the rampant commercialization of Christmas instead of blaming everything on us Atheists?

Explain the Lexus in the driveway with the red bow tied around it. What does that have to do with the birth of Jesus?

I submit that it's you Christians that have waged a war on your own holiday and drained it of all of its supposed meaning. You can't deal with that, so you blame it on everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies