Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Well-known Ben Stein (A Jew) appeared on Fox News today and spoke about 'War on Christmas'. He said that Christmas is a Christian holiday, and is a beautiful holiday to celebrate the birth of a peaceful, loving, and most influential man who walked on this Earth 2,000 years ago. This is after some atheists groups and leaders who have showed their arrogance toward the holiday, wants to abolish Christmas from public, and wants the holiday not observed by the federal due to "separation of church and state" despite that Christmas has been ruled as constitutional by the congress, and has been observed as a national holiday for centuries, and is today the most popular and widely known and celebrated holiday. 96% of Americans celebrate Christmas, whether for religious or secular reason.

Watch the news clip and read more about it on http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ben-stein...ry-and-bitter/

Ben Stein is telling the truth. This is very sad what few intolerant minorities are trying to destroy and take away the cultural and traditional religious holiday from us...
I don't often watch O'Reilly but I saw that one because I was sick all day and just didn't have the strength to switch channels, especially when I heard what the topic would be. O'Reilly does the return fight better than about anybody and Stein was so right and said it so well. This whole war has been going on for some time and what started out to be secular Pelosi has become a real war. Atheists and the ACLU are seriously trying to destroy Christmas and Christianity with it and I think Stein will manage to awaken a lot of people talking like he did.

Have you noticed how many attack the messenger replies you got. Not one word about Stein's words, just attack Stein. I doubt if many of them listened to or read Stein's words.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
If you understood the origins of your religion, you would know that xmas is a co-opted pagan festival as has already been explained here. Two thirds of the world do not celebrate xmas.

The only reason xians are offended is because they "know" their silly beliefs are merely a figment of their imaginations. If Jesus was real, his birth would not have been at this time of the year anyway. You folk simply worship a socio-political invention of the late Roman empire.

Lurnin' iz hard but if you bothered to get into the origins of your faith you too would discover that it is ALL man made and embellished folklore, NONE of it is real, there was no Adam and Eve, no Fludd, no Exodus and as such the concept of Immanuel moot as there is no original sin negating the need for the Jesus fella.

The Hebrews never had one original idea as did the xians that tacked their invented religion onto their scriptures.

In our Southern Hemisphere culture, we say Geseënde Kersfees en 'n gelukkige nuwe jaar which means literally blessed candle festival and happy new year; in Afrikaans there is NO CHRIST in Kersfees. Time to come off you archaic culture wagon and learn some history.

Christianity is a philosophical approach for peace through virtue, sacrifice for others has value, a gift). Many religions have embraced the philosophy. Making stuff up as though there is a relative connection somehow to suite taste, makes no sense at all. Charity would then be understood in the philosophy as the mother virtue of all.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-30-2012 at 11:06 PM..

Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
It's Christians themselves that have ruined Christmas and have taken it far away from its humble origins and original meaning.

So please, spare us all from your whining.

I mean, Lexus in the driveway with a red bow tied around it? That's the fault of Atheists? Yea, right.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ben Stein lost all serious credibility with his pathetic creationist film a few years ago.
As old Saul Alinsky said, always attack the messenger if you can't attack the message or don't know what the message is. You did a wonderful job of attacking the messenger here without even mentioning what he said. You did a wonderful job of showing what you really are. I used to respect you and try to always read your posts but with this pure attack of the messenger you lost me. Ain't it great?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Nobody cares what you do.

Which, of course, is the point.

We would appreciate you giving us the same lack of concern.

Typical of liberals, though. They don't want to acknowledge something and expect everybody else to follow suit, just to pacify them.
In this case the reply was just another liberal attempt to bury the topic of discussion without reading what was offered to read. They just can't help using Alinsky's "attack the messenger" in one form or another.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
You lost the last whiny debate over the "War on Christmas," so you started another one? Pathetic.

And now you're suddenly listening to Jews, when a few days ago you thought WE were the ones stomping on your precious holiday? As I said a few times, you're one of the most inconsistent posters I've ever encountered here.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 PM

345 posts, read 643,095 times
I feel that there is a rift here on how we are defining this "War on Christmas". I would define it as any legislative or authoritative measures that prohibit the display or celebration of the holiday. I think others are defining it more broadly as any anti-Christmas statements made by anyone. If you're going by the latter, than oh well, maybe freedom of speech isn't your thing. If it's the former however, then yes, there's some cause for concern.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In this case the reply was just another liberal attempt to bury the topic of discussion without reading what was offered to read. They just can't help using Alinsky's "attack the messenger" in one form or another.
That poster isn't actually a liberal, but I guess this is just another conservative attempt to bury the topic by crying about "those lib'ruuuls." So lame.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Religion is used to make gays second class citizens, claim that women can naturally shut down rape, that the Earth is 7,000 years old, that there is no global warming, that man evolved from a rib, and that teachers need to lead students in prayer.

Then when Christmas come - the time we are supposed to celebrate Christianity - I am supposed to rush out, fight the traffic, fight the weather, and fight people so I can buy some useless Chinese trinket for someone.

Call me old fashioned and a secularist, but I like spending time with loved ones. Unlike Christians, I don't require the unnecessary banter and charades. Most importantly, I don't use my worldview to attack women and make second class citizens out of people who have a different lifestyle than me, along with attacking science.
Since you mention nothing that Stein and O'Reilly did I will take it that you failed to read the OP and any part of the link in it. I heard it on TV so know that you are just doing the normal atheist, left leaning attack on Christianity here. I will try to get both you and me removed from this thread for being so off topic.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think that hateful Old Ben and his worshipper are just melting down as a result of the election

A little spasmodic lashing out...LOLOL!!!!
Of course, your post is not on topic at all since it doesn't say one thing that was mentioned in the OP or the link in it. You are just a left handed attacker of the messenger with not one word about his message.

I didn't hear Stein talk about the past election in the TV show but maybe he did say something about it. Unless he did you are totally off topic attacking him with no knowledge of what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies