Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
They do. Did you see the pictures I posted earlier? And while I was shopping, there was Christmas music playing the entire time - not to mention, an entire aisle of Christmas decorations & other stuff. That doesn't bother me at all, fyi, but to say Christmas is even "toned down" seems completely false. It's as overblown and commercialized as ever!

It is true (see comments above), and the "persecution thinking" probably comes from watching too much Fox News... case in point, the OP's link is from Fox News itself (as was the OP's link on another similar thread). Turn off the television, folks, and try looking outside for a minute.

Not a bad point at all.. appreciated and to be honest never fully realized in what the complainers, re the season were up against. As long as gift is associated with the season and interconnected with a theme re charity-sacrifice....there wouldn't seem to be a way to knock it down. so agreed, whatever...still gotta be a full exposure of the disturbing villains though...thats only natural. And Fox is very talented lets face it at routing out the good for nothing junk.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-01-2012 at 02:39 AM..

Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
There are a lot of angry bitter people of all kinds. So what? As far as Christmas goes, it's every freaken where. Ben Stein is an idiot if he thinks Christmas is in danger.
You could have stopped when you said "Ben Stein is an idiot" - it's more encompassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Most atheists, at least on this board, are angry and bitter because they grew up evangelical/fundamentalist Christian and are rebelling against their childhood. Christianity is completely incompatible with hipsterism and its values, and since America has historically been predominantly Christian they are angry about that and want to wipe away every last remnant of Christianity from the public square. Thats the only way to explain why there is so much venom against Christianity but not other religions.
BS.
I get angry at whackaloon religious trying to foist their beliefs into my laws, onto my body and into my bedroom.
This post is a prime example of what rational people have to put up with - christers telling us what we believe/or don't believe and why.
Projection and fear much?
We also have a better grasp at the English language than the whackaloon christian right.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:37 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
You're just angry that a Jew said to allow Christmas, and he said that Jesus was a loving, peaceful, and most influential man on Earth throughout the history, something you wouldn't expected to be said by a non-Christian

Remember, even Hindu Gandhi said "I like your Christ"

Anyone who don't like Christ do not believe in peace and love. End of story!
Now finish the Gandhi quote.
"I love Christ. It's just that Christians are so unlike Christ. "

Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Well-known Ben Stein (A Jew) appeared on Fox News today and spoke about 'War on Christmas'. He said that Christmas is a Christian holiday, and is a beautiful holiday to celebrate the birth of a peaceful, loving, and most influential man who walked on this Earth 2,000 years ago. This is after some atheists groups and leaders who have showed their arrogance toward the holiday, wants to abolish Christmas from public, and wants the holiday not observed by the federal due to "separation of church and state" despite that Christmas has been ruled as constitutional by the congress, and has been observed as a national holiday for centuries, and is today the most popular and widely known and celebrated holiday. 96% of Americans celebrate Christmas, whether for religious or secular reason.

Watch the news clip and read more about it on http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ben-stein...ry-and-bitter/

Ben Stein is telling the truth. This is very sad what few intolerant minorities are trying to destroy and take away the cultural and traditional religious holiday from us...
You say (A JEW) I say, Jewish-American.
Who is PC here? Neither of us?
Stein was born in NYC.
That would make him American.

Good 'ol ben, wonder if he celebrates Christmas or Hanukkah?

Ben Stein Ethnicity | Celebrities Net Worth

This isn't the first year that the RW has accused liberals of declaring war on Christmas, it happens about every year at about this time of year. It's mainly because the RW has nothing else to b*tch about.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
There is always a "War on Christmas"! It's funny how this "War" never ends and we keep spending money on it! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Now finish the Gandhi quote.
"I love Christ. It's just that Christians are so unlike Christ. "
Yes, and what about the rest of what I said?

Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Oh boy, the poor oppressed xians are whinning again. 80% of the country, all but a handful of political leaders are xians but they still cry as if they're oppressed. You're free to celebrate your brand of hocus pocus wherever you like just not in the public square. But, if allowed in the public square don't ***** about what display somebody of another belief/non-belief puts up.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth - YouTube

Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Oh boy, the poor oppressed xians are whinning again. 80% of the country, all but a handful of political leaders are xians but they still cry as if they're oppressed. You're free to celebrate your brand of hocus pocus wherever you like just not in the public square. But, if allowed in the public square don't ***** about what display somebody of another belief/non-belief puts up.
No, it's the atheists that are whining and feel offended. So you want it banned in public square... Here we go again

Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Sorry, I'm trying to understand your point but simply cannot. So I'll just reiterate that conversation for you instead. Nunnor asked why I don't celebrate the birth of Jesus, since he was a Jew... I replied that he is just a "random" Jew to us (not the Messiah), so it wouldn't make any more sense than celebrating the birth of any other Jew. Understand now?
Jesus was definitely not like any other random Jew, or any other man. He was without any doubt the most influential man who has ever walked on earth, and his message was love, peace, and forgiveness. You should honor a person like that worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies