Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Come on, it's funny!
Attached Thumbnails
I don't always talk to liberals...-liberal-fries.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
stay thirsty, and hungry my friend.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Funny.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Here in Portland, us conservatives order large lattes from liberals (and they make good coffee), fries are bad for you.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
SUPERSIZE me!

Fast food order takers are about the only jobs that will be available now that the idiotic Democrats re-elected the community organizer in chief.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
SUPERSIZE me!

Fast food order takers are about the only jobs that will be available now that the idiotic Democrats re-elected the community organizer in chief.
Good! That means that the jobs will have to pay a living wage or nobody can afford to work them.

BTW, Toyman - It really is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Ignore Harrier. He's not happy unless he's miserable.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:45 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Good! That means that the jobs will have to pay a living wage or nobody can afford to work them.
The market determines wages - they are based on skill level, education, and experience.

A "living wage" is defined as what a person needs to live according to their particular lifestyle.

If they think their wage is to low, then they should either modify their lifestyle in order to live more cheaply - or increase the value and service that they provide so that they may earn more ( this may require education and applying for other jobs).

Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
SUPERSIZE me!

An excellent example of the conservative mind. It's a phenomenon I notice a lot on the right -- the persistent portrayal of people who disagree with them as marginal figures with trivial support. It's the phenomenon that lead to Romney's billionaire donors causing a private jet parking problem at Logan Airport as they flew in for Romney's victory celebration on the night Romney was supposed to win the election hands down.

Right-wingers believe in their own reality -- a reality that, in-spite of facts to the contrary, the President is nothing more than a former community organizer (they can just gloss over the fact that he was State Senator and U.S. Senator -- similar to the career path of Abraham Lincoln prior to being elected President.)

And right-wingers believe in their reality that the although jobs are growing, they must all be fast food jobs.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
what planet are you on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
An excellent example of the conservative mind. It's a phenomenon I notice a lot on the right -- the persistent portrayal of people who disagree with them as marginal figures with trivial support. It's the phenomenon that lead to Romney's billionaire donors causing a private jet parking problem at Logan Airport as they flew in for Romney's victory celebration on the night Romney was supposed to win the election hands down.

Right-wingers believe in their own reality -- a reality that, in-spite of facts to the contrary, the President is nothing more than a former community organizer (they can just gloss over the fact that he was State Senator and U.S. Senator -- similar to the career path of Abraham Lincoln prior to being elected President.)

And right-wingers believe in their reality that the although jobs are growing, they must all be fast food jobs.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
The market determines wages - they are based on skill level, education, and experience.
Allow me to modify a quote from the great sage, Billy Jack: "When the market determines the wages and salaries of all employees, including CEO's and highest management, I will turn the other cheek."

Lives of poverty stop beating hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies