U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,670,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You cut the welfare off and her birth control bought by the tax payers. Any man worth his stones makes sure his old lady has them. If he doesn't, he's just another worthless loser and a brown stain on the sheet.
Hoo-ah!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,670,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I am a staunch supporter of our military. I lived on military bases as a kid as my dad was in the military for 30 years. He served honorably and with decoration in Iraq. He is now 100% disabled according to the VA and received a medical discharge. My family has been through many hardships as a result of this.

I also lost a cousin in Iraq.

I wanted to join but a medical issue kept me out. If it hadn't, I would likely have become career military myself. I donate to the USO and volunteer at the local VA.

I'm also a self-identified liberal, as is my father, and as was my cousin. My grandfather, who fought in the Pacific in WW2 and later in Korea, was also a liberal.

Several of my DH's friends served in Afghanistan and Iraq - most of them multiple times. Of those men, the majority are liberals and voted for Obama.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 AM

34,241 posts, read 41,253,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

Liberals, why do you hate the military so much? Why do you hate these men and women in uniform? These people sacrifice their lives so you can vote your ill-informed ways. Have you a shred of appreciation?
Wasnt it George Bush's trumped up story about WMD that cost 4000 of our soldiers their lives?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 AM

29,419 posts, read 18,676,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That might be some of the stupidest garbage you have ever written, good job. Actually we liberals love the USA and we have no interest in handing it over to the nut jobs on the far right so that they can turn our country into some god fearing Christian haven where anyone who is non Christian is punished. Also, we aren't the ones trying to secede from the US, only the far right nut jobs are doing that cause they love America so much that they want to leave.

Oh and we liberals love the military so much that we are willing to provide aid to the veterans....you know the bill that Republicans shot down cause they said we couldn't afford it even though we owe it to our troops who have risked their lives in two pointless wars that were started during a Republican in office.

You Cons love to send our troops to war to fight and die, but god forbid we do anything to take care of them when they get home. Heck, I bet you are hoping the get their pensions cut too with this whole fiscal cliff.
Reality always sends the left screeching. You voted for the transformation not me. You are the ones who want to change the country from what it is to some new utopia in your eyes like Russia not me. Who has been punishing christians? Oh that would be the muslims who our new leader adores. Just look at Egypt you blind bat. Pensions? Pensions? Obama took pension money to pay off debt. Where were you screaming about that? Obama surges troops in Afghan where were you screaming about that? Oh wait I forgot the ONE can do no wrong in your blinded eyes.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why not cut both, then? You guys are always talking about reducing spending, well here's your chance! I think the annual spending is about equal (military may even cost more), and both could use some major slashing. No?
Nobody is cutting anything. All that is on the table is cuts to increases. NOTHING is getting cut. This is the madness being sold to the people who are lapping it up.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,541,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I think in many ways, it stands in defense of the country that embodies everything they hate, to wit, the USA.
I'm a social liberal, but a fiscal conservative. I don't hate military or the USA. In fact, I love this country. I served 6 years for it. I don't particularly like the military overspending, and the only thing I "hate" is the deaths of innocent people.

Military= veterans. If you took a poll, I would wager that more "left" voters would favor spending for veteran programs than conservatives.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
What an absolute pantload of BS
No, its no BS. Read the news, the real news, and you'll see it clear as day. GOP is for military spending, but not for a recent bill to assist veterans.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Left would vote fore spending for anything. That is all they do. Spend spend spend. As long as it's not their money of course.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Tell me again...why do conservatives erroneously think liberals all hate the military?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Do you have any idea how many programs we have for the veterans, including housing, loans, education, job training and re-training, counseling, their own hospitals etc.,. there is a program to fit every need.
The veterans administration is FLOODED, and the health care is substandard. No, there is not a program for every need.

Quote:
They are the biggest special interest in this country because we feel guilt for putting them in harms way and pity for them if they struggle.
Should we not? They made the supreme sacrifice. I think they deserve every bit of help they can get and need. Post war is a very difficult situation for veterans to adjust to.

Quote:
They are the most popular charity in this country. There will never be enough we can do for them, because it's an emotional cause and very politically incorrect to suggest enough is enough. They lack for nothing. Those that are homeless either have mental problems, which there are programs for, or they choose to be homeless, which is their right.
We could stop sending as many over seas and into harms way. That might be something we can do for them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies