U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM

14,311 posts, read 15,136,003 times

Advertisements

I just say "Merry Christmas" and leave it at that.

Pride has nothing to do with my religious, social or political beliefs since anyone can share them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 10,786,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Christmas is for children more than others. I wonder how atheists explain to their children why they can't join in with the other children to have the fun that goes with Christmas.

I guess seeing their parents go to work that day just like it is any other day doesn't bother them but it sure would me if I had parents like that.
Well,Jehovah's witnesses do it and the kids aren't suffering.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM

8,224 posts, read 10,786,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...Christmas is for Christians who celebrate the fact that our God became man in order to redeem us. That's a pretty big deal. It's not just about presents or birthday parties for Baby Jesus or Santa Claus. It's about the fact that God redeemed mankind.

But I get your point. There are plenty of jerk atheists that are parents of that one kid that had to sit out of the party at school because their parents wanted to make a point.
So,let's see. You do realize other groups don't celebrate Chrismas right?
What about Muslim kids?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM

21,472 posts, read 14,377,702 times
Take it to the Religion section.

Personally, I've always said Merry Christmas, and that's what pops out now without thinking. No pride or anything else involved, just old personal custom. I have yet to learn I have offended anyone by saying it.
...and I happily accept others' wishes for a Happy Hannuka, Merry Solstice, Cool Yule, or any other greeting I get from someone else.

Life is too short for this petty nonsense.

11,435 posts, read 16,471,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a song that all Christians should memorize and sing it out. We surely should follow the message, I think.

Say Merry Christmas - Vocal Carrie Rinderer and the American Christian Life United (ACLU) choir... - YouTube
What does "pride" have to do with it? Saying "Happy Holidays" is just showing respect for other religions besides Christianity or lack of religion.

19,950 posts, read 13,629,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What about Muslim kids?
There are a lot of non-religious folks that just like to celebrate. Many may claim Christianity, or were raised in it...but are just not religious.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM

5,393 posts, read 4,325,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Screw christmas....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Happy Solstice!
You two belong together. Anti Americans, united.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I just say "Merry Christmas" and leave it at that.

Pride has nothing to do with my religious, social or political beliefs since anyone can share them or not.
I say Merry Christmas, because I am happy for the occasion,
and wish everyone else to share my happiness.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM

14,311 posts, read 15,136,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What about Muslim kids?
The kids of my muslim associates get presents on Christmas Day.

I don't know if they call them something else but I hope some crazy jihadists don't take it out on them or get some sort of murderous fatwa issued on their azzes.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,589,431 times
BTW, is there any other religion besides Fundamentalist christianity, that works quite as hard at always presenting themselves as "victims"? Except for maybe Jews, but at least they were genuinely persecuted, and not by each other!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM

21,472 posts, read 14,377,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You two belong together. Anti Americans, united.

I say Merry Christmas, because I am happy for the occasion,
and wish everyone else to share my happiness.
Please. Saying Merry Christmas (or more often, Happy Christmas) is said all over the world, and always has been. It's not just an American tradition. And those who don't believe in it are anti-American. Climb down from your high horse- it's all stuffed with self-righteous religionism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies