Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Quit trying to blame Bush for what Obama has done.

Sorry, Bush hasn't been in office for years you have to take responsibility for decision and actions mad by YOUR party and YOUR president. There are no Bush tax cuts, those expired. There are tax cuts that OBAMA signed into law along with the democrats who control the Senate.

Why don't you try calling them the Obama tax cuts? Don't like the sound of that do you.
Call them the Obama tax increases.

And the young families that don't get their Bush child tax credits in 2013 can thank Obama.

Obama can also take credit for the soon falling unemployment rate when over 2 million long time unemployed don't get their free money and realize it's time to get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. They had 4 years of that and re-elected Obama anyway.
Yep. Many of us will be doing that. They STILL won't understand how they did it to themselves, though.
Oh, YES - because the Republicans were just going to wave their magic wand and make it all better!

Because we all did SO WELL during the 8 long years that Bush was President.

Give me a break.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I seem to remmebr that the Democrats spent year sayign that the BusgH tacuts were oyl tacuts for the wealth ;not for middle calls.So why are they now sayig they can't be allowed to expire fot ehm but just the wealthy. Someone seems to have lied. I think Obama's doublig down what he want 18 mtnhs ago i tax increases is in fact BLOCKING a deal;bad faith.But i the end I think the 3 doolars i cuts to 1 dollar in reveneus they both talked about is abut right.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Quit trying to blame Bush for what Obama has done.

Sorry, Bush hasn't been in office for years you have to take responsibility for decision and actions mad by YOUR party and YOUR president. There are no Bush tax cuts, those expired. There are tax cuts that OBAMA signed into law along with the democrats who control the Senate.

Why don't you try calling them the Obama tax cuts? Don't like the sound of that do you.
Call them whatever you want. President Obama has proposed ending them for the top 2%--a very specific proposal. What specifics do the Republicans propose in return?

Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, YES - because the Republicans were just going to wave their magic wand and make it all better!

Because we all did SO WELL during the 8 long years that Bush was President.

Give me a break.
Things are WORSE now. 4 years of an Obama presidency and we have RECORD HIGH numbers of people on food stamps and living in poverty. Apparently, that's what Obama voters want MORE of.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I seem to remmebr that the Democrats spent year sayign that the BusgH tacuts were oyl tacuts for the wealth ;not for middle calls.So why are they now sayig they can't be allowed to expire fot ehm but just the wealthy. Someone seems to have lied. I think Obama's doublig down what he want 18 mtnhs ago i tax increases is in fact BLOCKING a deal;bad faith.But i the end I think the 3 doolars i cuts to 1 dollar in reveneus they both talked about is abut right.

Your memory is about as accurate as your typing.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
60% of this country has no problem with letting what was su pposed to be a temporary tax cut anyway expire in the wealthiest . Yet the GOP continues to try their old broken fiddle, which the voters SOUNDLY rejected this past election. The GOP is willing to harm the economy and millions of middle class Americans just so they can protect the interests of a few of their plutocratic friends and for small political gains. It should be considered an act of terrorism.
That is an absolute lie and total manipulation of the vote results just to position your weak argument.

-How many women did I hear say that they couldn't vote for Romney because of the fake "War on women" or because Republicans want to "control their vag*&a" or other hyperbole like that?

-What about the people that said they couldn't support Romney because they thought he would start more wars?

Plenty of people made their decisions on things that had nothing to do with the economy. And of course more people would vote to TAKE something from such a small well to do segment of people, its easy to organize a hoard of people to bully a smaller group, this is why we dont live in a 100% democracy, its simply mob rule.

Obama was voted for as the president, this was not a "single issue" question put on the table that people voted for. There were no questions on the ballot for single issues (like raising taxes) other than at your local level, so stop making up this cute little story to try and support stealing the income of your fellow hard working countrymen and women.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Temporary means the all will expire for everyone at some point in time. So let them all expire. What is the problem Democrats?
They are children. For the last 10 years they have blamed the deficit on the Bush tax cuts and the rich. Some of us pointed out that the Bush tax cuts benefitted the middle and lower income far more than the rich. The liberal spin machine lied over and over that they didn't.

The Bush tax cuts expired. Obama extended them, along with a 2% payroll tax cut. They are his and the liberal's cuts at this point. I happen to think that Obama was counting on most liberal voters being so stupid as to to believe his lies.

The facts are simple. Anyone can browse the CBO website. The Bush tax cuts, in total dollars, benefitted the middle and lower income families far more than the rich. Latest figures place the total at 80%. Raising the taxes on just the rich doesn't raise much revenue. That's why we are holding out. If you want to blame the Obama tax cuts for the mess, then let them expire. If they just benefitted the rich, then there isn't any impact to the middle and lower income families.

I say let them all expire, including the 2% payroll tax cut Obama passed.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Things are WORSE now. 4 years of an Obama presidency and we have RECORD HIGH numbers of people on food stamps and living in poverty. Apparently, that's what Obama voters want MORE of.
Under whose watch did the economy implode?

Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why not?

The GOP got their precious tax cuts and middle east wars that made the deficit what it is today.
Yes, and Obama wants to KEEP $3 trillion of Bush's $3.8 trillion in those tax cuts. Why is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies