Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you prefer to be greeted?
Merry Christmas (mention the word Christmas) 62 40.00%
Happy Holidays (no Christmas word at all) 12 7.74%
Doesn't matter 81 52.26%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe they wear a BIG star of David and wave it around to make sure everyone knows that they are Jewish.
Yes, now I have to start looking for jewelery before I say any thing. Who knew?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Happy Festivus!!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Seasons Greetings!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
it's stupid to fight about nonsense at christmas.

all friendly greetings are great.

christmas is a happy time and people who believe should say merry christmas to everybody.

if you don't believe, answer back happy hanukkah, or whatever your greeting is.

it would be great to see tolerance on the rise in america for a change.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it's stupid to fight about nonsense at christmas.

all friendly greetings are great.

christmas is a happy time and people who believe should say merry christmas to everybody.

if you don't believe, answer back happy hanukkah, or whatever your greeting is.

it would be great to see tolerance on the rise in america for a change.
If there was true tolerance "Merry Christmas" would be said as often as it ever was and no one would bat an eye. It's the anti-Merry Christmas forces that started this battle to begin with.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If there was true tolerance "Merry Christmas" would be said as often as it ever was and no one would bat an eye. It's the anti-Merry Christmas forces that started this battle to begin with.
That's what my point is.

Today at work, when I greeted customers "have a nice Christmas Holiday", I was told by my manager to not use the word "Christmas" as it may offend someone. My reaction was

20 min after, a Jewish employee (according to her converted to christianity later in life, but her mom is Jewish) came in and heard me say "have a nice Christmas", she freaked out and came directly to be with red face and told me that you cannot say Christmas, use only holidays because they may be Jewish and get offended.

This is ridiculous!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And as predicted, you failed to read my post carefully or understand my point... and yes, I do hope you lose your power, since you've proven it can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Thanks to you, for the next few weeks, I will only greet my library patrons with "Happy Holidays" just to make a point - and there's not a darned thing you can do about it, LOL.

"Jews for Jesus" is just an offshoot of Christianity, and VERY FEW born Jews have converted to that sect. So you can dream all you want, but those of us with Jewish blood will always be Jewish. I won't accept your Jesus, and neither will anyone with whom I associate. The Orthodox community is actually growing in my area, and I work with them every day at the library. Oh, but they're just "silly" with those Stars around their neck, despite the fact that they identify as Orthodox & mostly speak fluent Hebrew. Right?

Chag Sameach!!
Greet whatever you want. I know you are anti-Christmas and nothing I could stop you from doing it.
I will continue greeting all Orthodox Jews for Merry Christmas.

Messianic Jews are JEWS who believe Jesus Christ as the messiah. They don't celebrate any Christian holidays, but they celebrate Jewish holidays, circumcision their boys, follow Jewish tradition, read Torah, etc.
Of course many Jews are mad for it, and many messianic Jews have been bashes and persecuted in Israel.

Actually most religious Jews do not wear Star of David necklace, it's usually the secular, zionists. However it's easy to tell Orthodox Jews on the streets by their funny and silly clothes and style. sorry LOL it makes me laugh when I think about it now.
I don't care if you don't believe in Christ. You will be judged when you die, and I feel bad for you.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Wrong!
I have, and occasionally wear a cross that was my great grandmothers. I wear it because it's a family heirloom, and it's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Jewelry doesn't make you a Christian.
You wear a cross and are not Christian?

Lie

Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yep... she flips back & forth between her hatred for Jews (or as she calls us, "Zionists") vs Atheists, but I think we're both on her naughty list. Oh well, I guess I'm getting coal this year!
I don't hate anyone, and stop telling people I hate Jews and atheists.

I praised some Jews on my threads, such as Ben Stein and Michael Bloomberg.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
You wear a cross and are not Christian?

Lie
Tons of non-Christians wear crosses... and don't call somebody a liar without proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies