Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,384,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's more like white males' war on American society.
I missed that. I was too busy working to ensure the 47% didn't go without. Now that I'm mostly retired I'll pay attention more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM

490 posts, read 648,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In 2008 in I was thrilled. In 2012, since I don't like the direction my country has been going in and because, frankly, I don't like Obama's policies, I was deeply saddened. No community has been as negatively affected by Obama's policies as the black community, and yet, we re-elected him in droves. I don't want to lose our black middle class and we are.
See I think that's an individual thing. I'm black and I suppose I would be called middle class. Things have NEVER been better for me and my family and so it's hard for me to see how the black middle class has been negatively impacted. Are there black people struggling? Absolutely. But not all of us.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM

72,831 posts, read 62,202,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I missed that. I was too busy working to ensure the 47% didn't go without. Now that I'm mostly retired I'll pay attention more.
Can you prove that 47 percent of people are "takers"?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 PM

490 posts, read 648,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You really have not been paying attention to what that incompetent communist has been doing to this country, have you? If the country survives another four years it will be a miracle..
This place will resemble a third world country if the good republicans don't stop this traitor.
You guys have been saying that for the past 4 years and when is the great collapse into 3rd world country going to happen? Things have never been better for me and many people I know. It could always be better, but i get tired of this sky is falling nonsense. You should pay "more attention" to the history of this great nation and realize we have overcome FAR more than anything we face today.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM

38,611 posts, read 26,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Please name a single policy that negatively affected African Americans.

"Despite giving lip service to education reform, the Obama administration has decided to put an end to the very successful D.C. school voucher program."

Obama Wrong on D.C. School Vouchers and Hypocritical, Just Like Congress - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,548,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Who is this? Mitt Romney?

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The reality is poor people get more adversely affected when the economy is bad.

The reality is also that many Black people people were disproportionately affected when states and especially state where the Republicans controlled the legislature and governor's position announced cutbacks to state employees.

Do really think you would have done any better with John McCain or Mitt Romney or a Republican majority in Congress?

In the modern era, on the three occasions that Republicans controlled both houses of Congress (1947-48, 1995-00 and 2003-06), unemployment declined and either the annual deficit was reduced or the budget was balanced.

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

US Misery Index - Custom Index by Month

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist01z3.xls

Deficit spending devaluates the currency and that hits the working poor especially hard.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,063,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
You guys have been saying that for the past 4 years and when is the great collapse into 3rd world country going to happen? Things have never been better for me and many people I know. It could always be better, but i get tired of this sky is falling nonsense. You should pay "more attention" to the history of this great nation and realize we have overcome FAR more than anything we face today.
I really wish they would give me a certain date to know when we become a 3rd world country.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion you would support Affordable Health Care (Romneycare) (R) but oppose Affordable Health Care (Obamacare) (D) although the two are one and the same, individual mandate and all. Likewise.. NAFTA which we all know as a bad thing (D) was crafted and loaded in the syringe by Bush (R) but the shot was given by Clinton (D) so Republicans could distance themselves from any negative backlash but also take praise for any positive effect on the fortunes of Global Capitalists.

H

I oppose the Affordable Healthcare Act (federal) because Congress has no Constitutional authority to require a civilian to purchase anything.

I care less about Romney Care because it's a state program for which no Constitutional prohibitions exist.

If the people of MA are happy, I'm happy for them.

Who loaded the 2000 China Trade Act in Clinton's syringe?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...SsT8-3345Y3e7w

Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,657,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I was wondering if the election of Barack Obama and especially the convincing re election has changed your outlook on the country, on white people and the future of your children and grandchildren?

I for one am probably the most proud I have ever been of my country. I didn't think it was possible in 2008 and even thought I felt that Barack deserved another 4 years I had my doubts the people would give it to him.

I think the thing that has surprised most of the doubters, and especially the Democrats with racist tendencies is that Barack has been a pretty typical Democratic President. He's not going after people's guns, in fact he has been pretty much neutral on the subject. He's been very fair in his appointments, has shown no racial favoritism at all.

Are we finally coming together as a people? 147 years after the last shot was fired in the Civil War?

I like to think so.
I guess I'm too young to know...I came of age when he being the first black president was like "cool, i guess..."

I guess it's been like so many "first black x's" that it's getting a bit old...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies