Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
suny of hard knocks.... I saw lots of guys like this one there, but no Professional MD's or shrinks then. Age 14 to 17 living in the streets of Boston. Not a lot of kids that age get to go to college.... But i did.. By the time i turned 19 I had lived in more than 72 places including under Beacon Hill with a lot of these street guys.

I am 100% sure i have seem more of them than any doctors alive .... I shared booze with them beans and what ever else we would share. How many years did you spend living on the street?
None. I'm not making "medical" diagnoses either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Top Ten Reasons Sholess Man is bare foot again.
10. He was interviewed by MSNBC and they stole his boots when they were done.
9. He threw them at the pink dragons who were trying to steal his whiskey bottle.
8. The IRS confiscated them because he never declared them on his tax return.
7. He thew them away in protest of unfair labor practices in developing third world countries.
6. They made his " Will work for shoes" sign seem pretty pointless.
5. He missed the " So what part of the south are you from?" questions from passersby.
4. His other pairs of shoes were much nicer.
3. His plan to sue the city and its merchants over the discrimination against the barefoot was in jeopardy.
2. "Shoeless Homeless man" is the new poster boy for the Obama Administration.
1. It was either go back to " Shoeless Homeless Guy" Or become " Panstless Homeless Guy with Boots". Donations were way down and he might not be able to pay the rent on his Bronx apartment.
I shouldn't joke about the plight of the truly homeless but this guy is a scammer and lives far better than how he tries to portray. Professional panhandlers in major urban areas in a good location can make upwards of $500 a day. Don't give money to these people, if you want to help, give to the charities and organizations that give actual assistance to those in need.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Mentally ill from drugs and alcohol.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Nope, not collecting SSI, don't "pop" pills, not a "spinster cat lady".....although I am a woman. In fact my background is in the justice system. I've met many addicts and a few convicted of murder, as well as their families. I have a good "sense" for angry family members. I know how it goes. My "attitude" about giving and compassion actually comes from Buddhism. Giving is a non-attachment practice. Just in case no one ever told you, hating always hurts the person who is doing the hating the most.
If you're really a Buddhist, you wouldn't care about the homeless guy, because that's just the way this life is supposed to be for him, probably he had a mansion in the previous life and in his next life he might be a cat.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I suspect most homeless receive SSI and government checks. I know around here they do.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
So I guess as long as i take my boots off i can sit in the street, on the sidewalk and get drunk on my bass and no one will care?

Drunkenness in public isn't legal, so why does this drunk get off from the infraction? He is a vagrant and yet again gets off on that infraction.

He is probably a toxic hazard as well, and yet gets off on that score too...

The fact is he is insane, and drug/alcohol dependent, and should be swept off the street, into a heathcare institution and be cared for. Of course this is the USA and of course because the left says so this guy and all the others just like this guy all broken by a system that failed them should not be cared for.

I agree with those who would offer money..... Once you give it, it is his....

I used to run with guys like this at age 14 to 17 because they were better than my so called family.

Trust me if that guy wanted boots or shoes he would have come by some somewhere, long before the cops gave him any...
True but I disagree with locking him up.

In fact guys like this serve a purpose. They make the liberal that stops and hands them $1 feel great about themselves. They can smack their wife and kids around, they can have kicked their dog on their way out of the house that day, they may cheat on their taxes, goofed off at work -- but they hand a bum $1 and they can feel wonderful about themselves, pat themselves on the back all week over it.

They aren't stealing and they're better than the lazy welfare types who do nothing at all for their free money. At least he's willing to get up and hold a sign or beg for his handouts. And it's better when the giver interacts even for a moment with the taker.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True but I disagree with locking him up.

In fact guys like this serve a purpose. They make the liberal that stops and hands them $1 feel great about themselves. They can smack their wife and kids around, they can have kicked their dog on their way out of the house that day, they may cheat on their taxes, goofed off at work -- but they hand a bum $1 and they can feel wonderful about themselves, pat themselves on the back all week over it.

They aren't stealing and they're better than the lazy welfare types who do nothing at all for their free money. At least he's willing to get up and hold a sign or beg for his handouts. And it's better when the giver interacts even for a moment with the taker.
Man, how much energy does it take to come up with this kind of mean spirited trash?

I don't get it - people make posts like these and then in the next breath turn around and tell you how tight they are with Jesus. Doesn't make any friggin sense to me.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
I feel bad for the rookie cop who did do the right thing. Money is tight for everyone especially those just beginning their career. This incident will leave an impression on him and next time he just might meet a homeless man (or woman) who could actually use the shoes and be much less inclined to reach into his pocket and give out of the kindness of his heart. Sometimes its just best to just follow procedure and nothing more. You can't get in trouble for it, and you don't look like a sucker days later.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm not now and never have been a cop. You make lots of wrong assumptions. I am not an employee of the "justice system." I'm defense oriented and self-employed. Lawyers hire me.
With a lawyer and 4 bucks i can buy a latte' at Star Bucks. You do a lot of tawkin, but do you ever pay any $ Forward in the interest of man kind, or do taxes take that place and make you 'FEEL' all warm and fuzzy?

I pay it forward and then keep track of what I have done, so there is less chance the people I HELP. I said I help can go down the WRONG PATH again and that is my bee's wax.....

Since i do this with just my wife i can only help those I select from many others who would be past my saving... The Govt just wastes all efforts with people like you and the so called social services. What a boat load of hoopla that amounts to..

9 to 5ers that don't give squat past 5........ don't impress me much.....

People who don't ever live it are always on the outside looking in, and yet they somehow feel superior, and more able to run other peoples lives, when the fact is they seldom can run their own.

I can't know if this resembles you, but as I see it it might. If you have 10 friend all working for the DMV you are exactly what I suspect you are.

With me you either earn respect or you never get any... Cops seem to think because the push a badge it should have already earned respect..... Not with me it won't..

When I see a cop I see him sitting on the pot making a big stink, just like anyone else.... If after that he shows any respect he may earn some... I treat people like they treat me, and if you like to dish it out, I am more than capable of returning that with a surplus.

I am walking wounded an outcast of society and the system and I know what that is.... I know how it works and I have fallen thru the cracks so far there will never be a way out, but now I am so good at it I can help others.

It's like being naked with no tools and still draining the swamp full of alligators anyway. Doing the impossible with nothing. That's what people who know me say. I didn't make it up.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Top Ten Reasons Sholess Man is bare foot again.
10. He was interviewed by MSNBC and they stole his boots when they were done.
9. He threw them at the pink dragons who were trying to steal his whiskey bottle.
8. The IRS confiscated them because he never declared them on his tax return.
7. He thew them away in protest of unfair labor practices in developing third world countries.
6. They made his " Will work for shoes" sign seem pretty pointless.
5. He missed the " So what part of the south are you from?" questions from passersby.
4. His other pairs of shoes were much nicer.
3. His plan to sue the city and its merchants over the discrimination against the barefoot was in jeopardy.
2. "Shoeless Homeless man" is the new poster boy for the Obama Administration.
1. It was either go back to " Shoeless Homeless Guy" Or become " Panstless Homeless Guy with Boots". Donations were way down and he might not be able to pay the rent on his Bronx apartment.
I shouldn't joke about the plight of the truly homeless but this guy is a scammer and lives far better than how he tries to portray. Professional panhandlers in major urban areas in a good location can make upwards of $500 a day. Don't give money to these people, if you want to help, give to the charities and organizations that give actual assistance to those in need.
That was pretty good.... I bet the shirt goes next No choose no chirt, No chit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies