Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
No, I doubt that, again, smart people don't have to act arrogant...
Correct. They don't have to act arrogant, claiming hard work, incomes, greatness, college degrees... They just appear to be that, when dealing with, to counter, stupid people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM

161 posts, read 264,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, it is fair to increase the tax rate for people making above $250K back to Clinton Era taxes when they were already considered low taxes.
Where do you live?? 250k is NOTHING.. I live in NJ and 250k is barely middle class income. You want to tax the rich? Tax the 1mil+ earners.. or go by state by state brackets.. but in NJ, 250k is NOT WEALTHY.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Because in their perfect individualist, strictly self-reliant utopia their "hard work" would not get them the kind of fat rewards they pat themselves on their own back for here. This world needs to pay a whole lot more attention to distribution of rewards before it talks about how REDISTRIBution is so unfair.
Oh, wow, make sacrifices, take risks, work your ass off, and SOMETIMES reap rewards. How unfair.

Much better to sit back, whine and complain, and TAKE from those who have busted their ass and risked it all. That's the liberal way.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzymuscle25 View Post
Where do you live?? 250k is NOTHING.. I live in NJ and 250k is barely middle class income. You want to tax the rich? Tax the 1mil+ earners.. or go by state by state brackets.. but in NJ, 250k is NOT WEALTHY.
It is why you have deductions. Would you prefer to pay a flat 15% on income?

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
One of us might be a troll. There is one way to identify, and to evaluate seriousness, would be to respond to this (for the third time, and in bold now):

Present(ing) how your ideas have influenced societies in a great way. As, I'm sure you're a bit more than all-theory?
Here are a few research articles regarding the positive effects of rewards given effort into a job

Effort–reward imbalance and burnout among nurses - Bakker - 2008 - Journal of Advanced Nursing - Wiley Online Library

Job demands, perceptions of effort-reward fairness and innovative work behaviour - Janssen - 2010 - Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology - Wiley Online Library

Academic Effort and College Grades

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Now let me ask you one more time. Are you seriously saying that as a person works harder, they are not more likely to be successful?[/quote]

No answer, because Einsteins Step Child believes in equal outcomes, not equal opportunity....heavens to mergitroy should someone work hard and be successful, that means someone who did not work as hard did not get the same (benefit), and we all must have the same outcome....otherwise, the system is not fair...

Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,457,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
250000 is the income the president endorses.
Wow. That reminds me - I'm starting to believe we should determine the right to vote based on a mental acuity test to determine 18-year-year-old cognitive equivalence, as opposed to simply remembering to breathe for 18 years.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM

161 posts, read 264,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is why you have deductions.
Please tell me about these 'deductions'...

We make just under 200k a year as a couple and have one old car that's paid off, one semi new vehicle thats a car payment, and mortgage on a 300k+ home that's a 3bd Townhouse (not big) with property taxes that cost $500 a month on their own and insurance that's $100 a mo.. and then high state income taxes (almost 7%).. between all the bills, and costs to get by (no we don't have HBO or go out to dinner every week or go on vacations 4 times a year), we just make ends meet and save a few bucks.

Two questions run through our minds, should we keep moving forward in our careers to surpass 250k a year or will not be worth it anymore? Why do we have to be taxed more to support the people who don't want to work? We've worked for years, even had two jobs to help pay for our own wedding and make our own way paying for our own education.. without any help from anyone (including the government).. so I Want to know why we have to be taxed more when everyone else if they put their noses to the grindstone like us working 12 hour days have done it on our own??

Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Correct. They don't have to act arrogant, claiming hard work, incomes, greatness, college degrees... They just appear to be that, when dealing with, to counter, stupid people.
Again, your the one calling people names. I serious doubt people with college degrees are stupid. Of course, instead of winning arguments, liberals first line of defense is name calling since the merits of what they say are not compelling, .......looks to me like your arguments are not compelling, people do not agree with you, instead of discourse, you revert to name calling...yep, sounds like an open minded liberal to me...
Keep thinking your enlightened....maybe that a cup of coffeee will make you feel good...

Old 12-03-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzymuscle25 View Post
Please tell me about these 'deductions'...

We make just under 200k a year as a couple and have one old car that's paid off, one semi new vehicle thats a car payment, and mortgage on a 300k+ home that's a 3bd Townhouse (not big) with property taxes that cost $500 a month on their own and insurance that's $100 a mo.. and then high state income taxes.. between all the bills, and costs to get by (no we don't have HBO or go out to dinner every week or go on vacations 4 times a year), we just make ends meet and save a few bucks.
You get deductions for ALL of that.

Quote:
Two questions run through our minds...
1-should we keep moving forward in our careers to surpass 250k a year or will not be worth it anymore?
If you're foolish enough to assume that an additional $50K in income per year doesn't make up for a 4% increase in tax, you don't deserve a move forward.

Quote:
2-Why do we have to be taxed more to support the imbecile's who don't want to work?
The signature of a typical "conservative". Please choose to stay under $250K. You don't deserve to go over... is something you deserve.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Again, your the one calling people names. I serious doubt people with college degrees are stupid.
And why would I do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies