Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Funny thing. I qualified expert on rifle in basic training some 46 years ago, but by the end of my tour in Nam all I carried was a .45 and a bag of frags.

Moral: don't let them know where you are until it's too late for them to do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
QUOTE;A. Victor;
"I get ripped here on CD for a lot of things. Out on the range and in the field...NO ONE ever questions me. I can have 10 LEOs rush me and start asking questions. You can just tell it I am not bulls****ing about KNOWING my weapons and having 100% complete confidense. You make a lot of friends because of it. It always makes me feel good when they ask my advice or "what" would I do? Well, the first thing I will/would do is help you out.

You didn't start off insulting me and making fun of me like the other metrosexuals and feminazis do/did. They'll just get wasted in the first 20 seconds anyway. I always will have the last laugh. For people who are supposed to be so tough, why is it that the subject of "guns" bothers or bores you so much. If you are going to be any good at all....you're NEVER bored or "don't talk about it". It's your LIFE! You'll need to practice at least once a month bare minimum. I practice once a week with 150 to 200 rounds per week.
What's so funny is the people who belittle me haven't even fired a weapon in years probably. Some probably shot their daddy's .22 once or twice as a little kid....now they are a "crackshot".

Oh Lord...the world is full of those. I call 'em "blowhards"."

I would do the Annual Qualifications for armed Security Guards and they often would say, "I hope I do OK".
When I would ask why the worried about it the response most often would be, "I haven't shot since I last qualified".

I responded, "You carry a gun for a living and don't practice!?!".

8AM till dark at least twice a week and shorter hours during the week is one heck of a lot of ammo.....and cleaning supplies.
It's all worth it though.

I think non-shooters don't realize how relaxing and rewarding it is.
Some, forget that, most of the best people I have ever met have been at the range.

I know what you mean about the knowledge part.
When you send a huge amount of time learning and researching that pays off and is a value to others as well.
I was asked to go to a Gun Show with two neighbors a couple of years ago.
One a retired LA Detective and currently a Police Captain, the other FBI.
They wanted my advice.

Sad part was that I was not in the market for a new one at the time and it was a tease to me.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 12-04-2012 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: typo, mis-spelling

Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If we can't even agree that mentally imbalanced people as defined by modern medical standards should not have semi-automatic weapons... then we as a nation are truly ****ed.

well, democrats and republicans both vote into office mentally imbalanced people.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Republicans:

A mentally insane person SHOULD be allowed to own guns, but two loving men or women should NOT be allowed to marry or adopt kids from an orphanage?!

No wonder you guys are becoming dinosaurs!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default On guns..

My guns and I have never harmed anyone. Restrictive laws only affect law-abiding gun owners; criminals will access firearms regardless of what codes are on the books. Ever notice that cities with the most Draconian gun laws are the ones with the most violent crime?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If you ask me his bubble don't come to center..... That 2nd paragraph looks like fruit cake pie to me... Huh What?

I don't think the OP should be allowed to own a gun or drive a car, and or even run any machines in a factory... Well ok, he could be a Tickle Me Elmo test tickler
Lol, Half a bubble off!!! or A brick short?
Maybe he's looking for a freeride from Uncle Sugar? I think I saw one of the fastest ways to on board is claimimg to be a whack a doddle...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My guns and I have never harmed anyone. Restrictive laws only affect law-abiding gun owners; criminals will access firearms regardless of what codes are on the books. Ever notice that cities with the most Draconian gun laws are the ones with the most violent crime?

heck, you would expect that with the current gun laws in NYC and Chicago, I would expect the murder rate by firearm to be really low. when in fact it isnt.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I get very very tired of "libs" breaking my balls about my former life as a U.S Marine. I get tired of them telling me what I can and can't do in civilian life. I own MANY firearms. I've never once done something crazy with one, nor intended to shoot someone who didn't need to be shot.

I get tired of anti-gun spew often by metrosexual men and feminist women. They think something is wrong with me. F them!!

Just this last weekend at the gun show, four Police Officers and I talked our ears off about "guns"....It never got old or boring. Several others chimed in. It was great conversation, and we all could see and hear the excitement in each others words.

NONE of us would just stand there and let someone take our life while doing nothing. You have folks "sorta" into guns. They own a few and never even look at them, much less carry one for SD or practice with them. They are more of a danger than the guys who live and breath it. For some, it's very rewarding to chat others in similar states of mind up when you find them.

No, I'm not mentally ill. The FBI and the BATF say I'm OK to buy something in less than 3 minutes. Who gives a flying fawk what some libotard or feminazi thinks.

Si vis pacem para bellum

Semper Fi~
As an avid hunter and former Marine, I completely agree with everything you said. While I do not consider myself as someone who "lives and breathes" firearms, I am an NRA Life Member on the Institute for Legislative Action Steering Committee for Alaska, and I do practice regularly. We are required to inform law enforcement when we encounter them if we are armed in Alaska. This usually results in a conversation about the type, make, and characteristics of the firearm, and firearms in general.

I moved to Alaska after the 1989 gun ban in Los Angeles County. I owned two of the banned firearms on their list, one of them my father gave me when I was 10 years old, and there was no grandfather clause. Which meant I had to turn over my firearms or I would be a criminal automatically. I chose a third option and left California for Alaska. It was the best move I ever made.

Semper Fi!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
heck, you would expect that with the current gun laws in NYC and Chicago, I would expect the murder rate by firearm to be really low. when in fact it isnt.
These are notorious Gun Free Zones.... The whole idea pleases the wacka noodle; I want my 15 minutes of fame ID 10 T.

This is why i stated earlier that the liberal State of VT should be looked as an example.

VT's liberal and the Democrat Liberal are not the same exact thing.

VT's is possibly the least lethal state in the union, except for the 7 states only Obama knows about

Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
These are notorious Gun Free Zones.... The whole idea pleases the wacka noodle; I want my 15 minutes of fame ID 10 T.

This is why i stated earlier that the liberal State of VT should be looked as an example.

VT's liberal and the Democrat Liberal are not the same exact thing.

VT's is possibly the least lethal state in the union, except for the 7 states only Obama knows about

you mean the 57 states obama knows about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies