Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM

20,392 posts, read 12,292,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I smell Glenn Beck following loons.
of course you do. it takes a lot more energy to think than it does to say stuff like what just creeped out of the end of your fingers.

blame beck. say those who dont agree with you are idiots. walk away feeling so proud of yourself for being smart.

then let the UN tell you how to live your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM

756 posts, read 711,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Despite emotional pleas from Republican war heros Bob Dole (in a wheel chair, yet) and John McMcain, the US Senate rejected the required 2/3 vote to ratify US support for an International treaty to respect the rights of disabled persons:

Senate Republicans Shoot Down Treaty For Disabled Rights | TPMDC

All Dems, and many Republicans, voted yes, but 38 of the most conservative GOP senators voted "no". Apparently they were spooked by the word "international"- you know, blue helmets, black helicopters, Agenda 21, fluoride...

Keep it up, GOP... just keep it up!

LOL ... yeah, doesn't take much to spook those con pinheads...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM

24,624 posts, read 19,053,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So explain why we needed this treaty again??
Obviously that is far beyond their abilities.

Amusing...

Mircea

Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,242,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So explain why we needed this treaty again??
Oh, I dunno. To protect the rights of disabled Americans abroad? To express support for the disabled?

Nah. You're right. A silly waste of time.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,270,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
U.S. law would have not changed with a "yes" vote, just as it didn't change with this "no" vote. So personally I don't even see the reason why this came up at all. Good to know what they are spending time on in Washington however. Nothing like political ammunition when you need it though, huh?
Wouldn't it be nice if when disabled Americans are traveling abroad that we'd know we'd be treated with the same sort fairness, respect and dignity we get here? I guess Republicans don't care about that....they don't want to be the standard bearer/leader of the world any longer.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM

589 posts, read 1,341,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This country takes care of it's disabled just fine! We dont mistreat them!
Really? You really believe that?????

Watch this video, and tell me how people, especially children, with disabilities are not mistreated:

Death at School: Child Restraints Spark Controversy | Video - ABC News

Now look at this list, of children as young as three, murdered (yes, not 'killed' but murdered) by the so-called 'Professionals' entrusted to care for them:

DEATHS IN FACILITIES

After looking at all that, try to tell me that we don't mistreat the disabled.

My son will never be allowed to own a home, never be allowed to save money for his future, will never be allowed to have cash assets of over $2000, because of a law set in place and not updated since the 1960's! If he has so much as $2,000.01, he loses his medical benefits, his income, and so much more that he cannot obtain on his own, due to the severity of his disability.

Do you know anyone with a disability? Have you ever been disabled? Yes, the US certainly takes care of it's disabled better than some countries. But not near as good as others. There is NOTHING in that treaty that usurps a parents rights. This treaty simply looks for the basic rights that should belong to anyone, to belong to our disabled across the world.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,924,503 times
Tell me how this UN treaty will change what you are speaking of?

It appears one can save but the tradeoff is you have to pay for medical care. That isn't fair right? You want everybody to pay for it all including his savings I'm sure to boot? Life isn't fair.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM

3,090 posts, read 3,953,169 times
Yet another vile stupid thread. You know nothing about the reason why the vote was no. I would rather be an impaired person than walk in your hate-filled shoes every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Despite emotional pleas from Republican war heros Bob Dole (in a wheel chair, yet) and John McMcain, the US Senate rejected the required 2/3 vote to ratify US support for an International treaty to respect the rights of disabled persons:

Senate Republicans Shoot Down Treaty For Disabled Rights | TPMDC

All Dems, and many Republicans, voted yes, but 38 of the most conservative GOP senators voted "no". Apparently they were spooked by the word "international"- you know, blue helmets, black helicopters, Agenda 21, fluoride...

Keep it up, GOP... just keep it up!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM

17,386 posts, read 11,900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
Really? You really believe that?????

Watch this video, and tell me how people, especially children, with disabilities are not mistreated:

Death at School: Child Restraints Spark Controversy | Video - ABC News

Now look at this list, of children as young as three, murdered (yes, not 'killed' but murdered) by the so-called 'Professionals' entrusted to care for them:

DEATHS IN FACILITIES

After looking at all that, try to tell me that we don't mistreat the disabled.

My son will never be allowed to own a home, never be allowed to save money for his future, will never be allowed to have cash assets of over $2000, because of a law set in place and not updated since the 1960's! If he has so much as $2,000.01, he loses his medical benefits, his income, and so much more that he cannot obtain on his own, due to the severity of his disability.

Do you know anyone with a disability? Have you ever been disabled? Yes, the US certainly takes care of it's disabled better than some countries. But not near as good as others. There is NOTHING in that treaty that usurps a parents rights. This treaty simply looks for the basic rights that should belong to anyone, to belong to our disabled across the world.
What a bunch of lies. Your son CAN own a home, be allowed to save for his future, etc. But he'd have to stop sucking off the government teat to do that.

If your son is so disabled that he can't live without the government's help, then no, he can't afford any of those things.

I feel for your son, but he's your son, right? Why aren't you taking the responsibility for him?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,527,488 times
Good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies