Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i just want to clarify, bush's harvard records are not "sealed", they are simply private records.
I sit corrected.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
A birther probably "reported" your post becuz they couldn't handle the truth.
Anyone can do a search to find out about romney's and bush' educational background was like. When I did the search, I was a bit shocked that bush at best was like a grade c to d student, but not failing.

I do know people who graduated HS with barely passing grades and were only passed because of having perfect attendance.
In my search, I also found that romney did not excel in college, another marginal student.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Subpoena Granted for Obama’s Occidental College Records :: Minute Men News

Well if he has nothing to hide he will let them be shown.
Although I hope he did better in college than he's doing running the peoples lives now, who cares what his college records say. +

It's always about policy. Obamas policies are failures.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM

990 posts, read 939,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If the poster was to be the President of the United States we should be able to ask these things and it be presented. Since the OP is a mere citizen really doesn't matter.......now does it???

Disturbing that some don't care just how this "POOR" President traveled and went to elite schools..... such a good life for a "POOR" man that most American's barely heard of until 2008..........
Actually, most Americans (note the lack of an apostrophe) were quite aware of Obama after his rousing speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, which propelled him to the national stage. Just because you live in a hole doesn't mean the rest of us are ignorant to what's actually going on in this country. His book was already a national bestseller before he ran for president. He was already a freaking senator...there's only 100 of those and Americans SHOULD know all 100.

Obama didn't "travel" all over the place, his mother married a man from Indonesia and they moved there to be with him.

And plenty of poor people attend private schools. They have these things called "Financial Aid", "Student Loans" and "Scholarships". Punahou has about 1/8 of its students on Financial Aid. Occidental College has about 56% of its students on Financial Aid.

Seriously people, how dumb do you have to be to think "only rich people can go to fancy schools"?
I went to a private high school which has an ANNUAL tuition of ~$45,000 and my roommate my first year there was an orphaned child who lived with his poor aunt and uncle in the ghetto of East Cleveland. He didn't have to pay a dime to go to school there. And guess what...he got into Yale on his own merit and THAT was paid for too! And the scariest part? He was black. Guess it was a conspiracy, right? When he's elected to public office (a distinct possibility, he's an attorney with experience in both big business and state government already at the age of 31 and he's now a millionaire), will you be demanding his transcripts too?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
don't know. you may want to ask richard cheney why he prefers "dick".
I prefer to know why Barry liked Barack.........

Did you ever think it might be Cheney's middle name.......even I'm not sure why he would rather be called Dick......... but Barack, this reminds me of Muhammad Ali when he changed his name and we all know why....

Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM

990 posts, read 939,073 times
Quote:
President Bush did produce them he was a C student, never got an A and scored 1206 on SAT.......even Kerry's transcripts were provided.
What makes this President any different, he's brought more attention to himself by NOT supplying the information. By not supplying the transcripts,
I'll assume he must have gotten a few D's & F's, if not all D's & F's.

People are not picking on your "Main Man"!!!
First of all, Bush didn't produce them. They were leaked. He fought the release of them and so did Gore. Kerry released his, but that's because Kerry was a gutless turd who couldn't even beat GW Bush in 2004.

And how many times do I have to tell you that I don't support Obama. I just don't like racist troglodytes who can't actually have an intelligent discussion about politics without resorting to this nonsense. I mean, even in the post you respond to I make it pretty freaking clear that I am not an Obama supporter and yet you continue to try and lump me in with them. STOP.

And finally, the guy graduated college decades ago. Since then he's been a successful professional, even TEACHING CONSTITUTIONAL LAW AT ONE OF THE TOP LAW SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY FOR 12 YEARS and being a state senator for 8 years.

If you really dislike Obama because of his policies or politics, how about you actually try focusing on those things? If not, just be honest and say that the reason you don't like him is because of racism and prejudice.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Did you ever think it might be Cheney's middle name.......
no, since pre-school i've had enough life experience to know that people abbreviate names.

Quote:
.... this reminds me of Muhammad Ali when he changed his name....
muhammad is not an abbreviation of cassius.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 12-06-2012 at 10:19 AM..

Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Did we see all of Romney's records?
Did he become President........Obama's grades really don't matter one bit now. The man is so full of himself if he had made good grades we'd all know it.

I'll assume he's to embarrassed to blow what Chris Matthews thinks of the smartest man alive..........

Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
I prefer to know why Barry liked Barack.........

Did you ever think it might be Cheney's middle name.......even I'm not sure why he would rather be called Dick......... but Barack, this reminds me of Muhammad Ali when he changed his name and we all know why....
Is this really so difficult for you to understand? As a kid, he wanted a name that sounded more mainstream, because--oh the horror of it!!--he wanted to fit in. You know, like EVERY kid does. How very dastardly of him!!

When he became an adult he learned to appreciate his unique name and used it in his professional life. How many people do you know that went by a nickname as a child but use their full given name in their careers? (Well, you may not know any, but those of us in grown-up professions certainly do.)

What's truly amazing is that this has you so confused. With an intellect such as you display in this thread, I applaud you for being able to figure out how to turn on your computer every morning.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
They got leaked first and then he produced them.
Well, then Obama has really got his protected, because we all know how many leaks have come out of this administration........it does make one wonder why those things that have been asked for haven't been leaked out, who's holding on to all of that info......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies