Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What happen to free speech?
There isn't free speech on campuses. Many, many colleges have speech codes. Once in a while a particularly egregious example of their heavy handedness gets taken to court and ruled against but the codes in general are perfectly legal. The idea that the very organizations designed to promote critical thinking and broaden horizons are the primary place where open inquiry is stifled doesn't seem to bother the leftists who enact these codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,280 times
I always showed up to school dressed as some young white kid too hung over to participate in class. I never had any complaints.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,288 times
Free speech only applies to the government. That is the reason city-data mods can delete your posts (private website).

Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,669,913 times
As a second generation Mexican Latino my fellow beaners need to lighten up. And you White liberal guilt ridden activists need to sit in the back of the bus for a while and chill the **** out.

FRITO BANDITO COMMERCIAL - YouTube

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,092,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Free speech only applies to the government. That is the reason city-data mods can delete your posts (private website).
Is Penn State not a government institution?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,005,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What happen to free speech?
It's called yelling fire in a crowded theater.

The administration should boot the braintrusts of this idea from the school to send a message. The rest (including the sorority) should be placed on some type of probation.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Meanwhile the Lefties laugh and appreciate anything from John Stewart or SNL. Hypocrites!
I don't watch SNL but I do watch the Daily Show religiously, so I was wondering if you could point to a racially insensitive skit much less a racist one that Stewart and company has ever performed because I can't think of one.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,592,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My question is this. How can a person look at that photo and not see how bigoted it is?
At first I thought it was no big deal, just a bunch of young people in sobreros (sp?) and thought they were on a trip to Mexico or something but then I came back today and read the posters. Why on earth would they do that? That was very stupid of them.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't watch SNL but I do watch the Daily Show religiously, so I was wondering if you could point to a racially insensitive skit much less a racist one that Stewart and company has ever performed because I can't think of one.
Gosh, I wonder which skits one could be referencing... Hmmm

LOL! Do you think that it is by chance that their cast is made up of a Jew as a host, a black male and female, a middle-eastern man, and a Latino as their "correspondents?"

they do that so they can make these same sort of racial, ethnic, sexist, etc, jokes under the protection of "well a black guy made fun of a black guy...and we're liberals, so you can't touch us...na na na boo boo!!"

There's a reason why racial and ethnic humor has become so mainstream, it is because it's humorously taboo in nature, and if someone could withdrawal the parking cone from their ass, they could have a good laugh, too.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post

There's a reason why racial and ethnic humor has become so mainstream, it is because it's humorously taboo in nature, and if someone could withdrawal the parking cone from their ass, they could have a good laugh, too.
You are correct. The TV show 'South Park' exploits it and gets away with it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies