Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It's really quite simple, the man can have total influence over any potential decisions by keeping his penis in his pants.
And the woman keeping her legs closed. Your comment is completely silly.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
And the girl accepted them. Now there's a child. They made that decision by having sex. It's a done deal at that point. That's basically what you're arguing.
Your post made it sound like the male lost his genes. Try rereading.
It's a done deal at that point.
Should she get pregnant, she has choices.
You don't get to make them for her. It's all up to the female.

That's biology for you.
Biology trumps religion or what you want.

If a male doesn't want to get a woman pregnant, and the risks involved, he can get a vasectomy or not have sex.
Once a woman gets pregnant, the cards are all in her hand. Her decisions trump all of his.

Quote:
The fact that you think all current laws are perfect is ridiculous. It's a proposed option for the broken system.

Calling god delusional does not offend me.
Laws are irrelevant when it comes to biology.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your post made it sound like the male lost his genes. Try rereading.
It's a done deal at that point.
Should she get pregnant, she has choices.
You don't get to make them for her. It's all up to the female.

That's biology for you.
Biology trumps religion or what you want.

If a male doesn't want to get a woman pregnant, and the risks involved, he can get a vasectomy or not have sex.
Once a woman gets pregnant, the cards are all in her hand. Her decisions trump all of his.
And you're saying that is correct?

Biology is a subset of nature. If biology, then nature.

Quote:
Laws are irrelevant when it comes to biology.
That I can agree with. As a result, laws are irrelevant when it comes to nature.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
And the woman keeping her legs closed. Your comment is completely silly.
I'm not going to stop having sex because of some ridiculous prudes.
Sex feels good, real good.

If I get pregnant, I hold all the cards.
So sad, too bad.

Why do you, and others, argue against biology as if you have control.
I have control over anything/everything in my body.

Not some man, especially some whacked out man who thinks that they can control me and my choices.

Biology trumps everything, especially religion and it's attempt to control women.
You've been arguing against biology. Nice backtracking, though ineffective.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to stop having sex because of some ridiculous prudes.
Sex feels good, real good.

If I get pregnant, I hold all the cards.
So sad, too bad.

Why do you, and others, argue against biology as if you have control.
I have control over anything/everything in my body.

Not some man, especially some whacked out man who thinks that they can control me and my choices.

Biology trumps everything, especially religion and it's attempt to control women.
You've been arguing against biology. Nice backtracking, though ineffective.
This post should be towards elan, since she is the one who suggested not to have sex as a valid argument. My post was mocking hers in effort to show how silly it is.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 AM

837 posts, read 1,287,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
to suggest men who do abandon their children, leaving a mother to support them on her own, as her fault for choosing carelessly and are irresponsible women/mothers is absurd not to mention just ignorant.
Sorry, but if a woman wants an abortion, it's her body, her choice, right? So, when she wants to keep it, it's her body, her choice as well. I know this doesn't fit women's double standards but it has to work that way to be fair. I've fully supported friends who abandoned their children when they never wanted them in the first place. It's their money, their choice.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
A deadbeat dad is going to be a deadbeat dad regardless of what the mother does. There is nothing that a woman can do to make a man care about his own flesh if he is disinclined to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Sorry, but if a woman wants an abortion, it's her body, her choice, right? So, when she wants to keep it, it's her body, her choice as well. I know this doesn't fit women's double standards but it has to work that way to be fair. I've fully supported friends who abandoned their children when they never wanted them in the first place. It's their money, their choice.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Default Woman's choice

The male objection to abortion being entirely a woman's choice is simple. Allowing women to end a pregnancy eliminates one of the most certain ways a male can control a woman's fate, life and financial future. By forcing a pregnancy the man can effectively control a woman. Male control freaks abhor the loss of this power.

The abortion argument is about freedom not fetuses.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
for some women there is no choice but birth. doesn't mean they want to have the child they are morally against abortion as well as giving the child up once it is born. there is no double standard. an abortion there is no baby, once a baby is born it needs to be supported. to support a man that abandons his children because he never wanted them in the first place shows a lack of compassion at the very least for innocent children who had nothing to do with being born. if a man is that adamant to not have children he should do a better job making sure he doesn't have any. after all he is not physically able to abort. he should have a vasectomy.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Have you guys heard about the pill for men that is being developed? I think that's kind of cool...no...really, really cool. I don't really think it is fair that men don't have as effective a means as females available to prevent unwanted conception, aside from a surgical procedure that most men find too scary to do. (Though I have two men in my very close family who have had vasectomies and it's really not the big deal most guys think it is.)

But anyways I hope they get "the pill" for dudes properly tested and on the market soon. It's a good step towards leveling that playing field.

I dunno...I may have strong personal convictions, but I do not have time to go around judging other people's lives and decisions. If there's a God in heaven who has decided that abortion is evil, evil murder, then I'm sure He's quite capable of doing all the judging that is necessary without letting any killers off the hook. It hardly matters what the law of man is if there is a higher law, no?

All any of us can do is try and make decisions we believe to be good and right according to what we believe, in life. The answer isn't to take away all people's right to choose anything because you think no one should be trusted to make choices that jive with your thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies