Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times

Advertisements

The White House said to Texans" you can't secede".

I for one am terribly disappointed.
I was looking forward to Texas becoming it's own country.
I was hoping those unhappy RWNJ's in every state would all pack up and give up US citizenship to live in the free country of Texas.
It would be interesting to see how many RWNJ's would give up good paying jobs in those "Liberal" states so they could seek employment in the "right to work" country of Texas.
Now more worrying about the Liberals taking your guns away, everybody would be carrying a weapon.
No more of those "nanny"state laws like speed limits on the roads or red light cameras.
Who knows perhaps Texas would outlaw, homosexuals, blacks, Mexicans (good luck with that)
What a great country Texas would make all right thinking folks without interference from those jerks on the left with their college educations and lousy football teams.

Oh well I've been disappointed before.
Better luck next time Texans maybe with a Republican in the White house (a white one) you might have better luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 AM

691 posts, read 771,078 times
Barack Obama does not have a say in what the Republic of Texas wants to do. Lincoln could not keep the south from seceeding.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
I wonder how Texas would handle immigration when every crazy far right person in the country tried to move there.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Barack Obama does not have a say in what the Republic of Texas wants to do. Lincoln could not keep the south from seceeding.
South Postpones Rising Again For Yet Another Year | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wonder how Texas would handle immigration when every crazy far right person in the country tried to move there.
That's really an interesting thought. Maybe we SHOULD let them become their own country. It would be a great way to rid America of all the crazies who'd want to move there.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Yes Libs, please avoid Texas. This is so true. No city in Texas is immune either.
Watch the show "Duck Dynasty" sometime. I realize technically that's next door in Louisiana, but it is SO Texas too, even has a Texan band theme song.
Beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The White House said to Texans" you can't secede".

I for one am terribly disappointed.
I was looking forward to Texas becoming it's own country.
I was hoping those unhappy RWNJ's in every state would all pack up and give up US citizenship to live in the free country of Texas.
It would be interesting to see how many RWNJ's would give up good paying jobs in those "Liberal" states so they could seek employment in the "right to work" country of Texas.
Now more worrying about the Liberals taking your guns away, everybody would be carrying a weapon.
No more of those "nanny"state laws like speed limits on the roads or red light cameras.
Who knows perhaps Texas would outlaw, homosexuals, blacks, Mexicans (good luck with that)
What a great country Texas would make all right thinking folks without interference from those jerks on the left with their college educations and lousy football teams.

Oh well I've been disappointed before.
Better luck next time Texans maybe with a Republican in the White house (a white one) you might have better luck.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's really an interesting thought. Maybe we SHOULD let them become their own country. It would be a great way to rid America of all the crazies who'd want to move there.
Texas would not allow liberals to cross the borders, therefore there wouldn't be any "crazies" moving there.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Problem is, people have to work, make a living. They can't all move if enough jobs aren't available. Though Texas does have most other states beat on that lately, much to the chagrin of Texas-bashers and anti-conservatives.
More likely, other conservative-leaning states would just try to follow Texas' lead.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Texas would not allow liberals to cross the borders, therefore there wouldn't be any "crazies" moving there.
Oh well then if you don't consider the far right to be crazy, then you are more than welcome to stockpile them all up in Texas.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
I'm sure they'll try again next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies