Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM

800 posts, read 508,516 times

Advertisements

Fine, enjoy your trendy and progressive influence and power over the US. But when this country does a "Greece" in the not so distant future and the economy crumbles to the ground because the ratio of makers to takers has gotten completely out of whack then the lefties will own it.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Fine, enjoy your trendy and progressive influence and power over the US. But when this country does a "Greece" in the not so distant future and the economy crumbles to the ground because the ratio of makers to takers has gotten completely out of whack then the lefties will own it.
It is so GOOD to see that you are up on the Fox News talking points. Let's see, takers vs. makers ~ now that's a new one, isn't it?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
The reason why they are shifting is because Republicans are still thought of as the "white, christian, wealthy, male, political party. Obviously not mainstream America anymore. Having past Presidential canidates like Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, (do I need to say more), and Michelle Bachman, (who's husband was noted for counseling gay people on how bad it was to be homosexual), coupled with the Tea Party movement did far more harm than good to the party. I tell my conservative friends, as time goes on we have to evolve, we have to change, (for the most part),. In a bad economy and in an era when there are more people falling into poverty than rising out, a political party that supports big business and large corporate interests is NOT going to be popular with a majority of the people. Sure I am pro gun, pro military, pro giving your child an ass whooping when they get out of line, pro support yourself not depend someone else, but as a blue collar working class individual I don't feel the Republican party has my best interest, I know others that feel the same way. The whole arch conservative anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, anti-homosexual, anti-labor union, tax breaks for the wealthy, support big corporate interests ideals are like newspapers, they're dying! The Republican platform just isn't mainstream anymore
I'd say this is spot on. I hope the TPers leave the GOP and form their own party.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM

420 posts, read 335,105 times
Quote:
I support our troops. Why don't you? Are you some kind of commie subversive?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:

WOW....regurgating Paul Ryan talking points! How Original!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Public Policy Polling the most accurate Polling Organization this past election has revealed a ten percent swing in voter identification after the election.

Before the election 39% of voters identified with the Democratric Party and 37% identified as Republicans.

However AFTER the election there has been a huge swing with continued GOP failed policies; voter suppression efforts and a Dysfunctional Tea Party faction controlling Congress and filibustering the Senate.

NOW 44% of voters identify as Democrats; a 5% INCREASE!

And only 32% of voters identify as Republican; a 5% DECREASE!

Times they are a changing!

A quarter of Republicans want to secede, half think election stolen - Public Policy Polling

Also 25% of UnPatriotic Republicans want to secede from the United States; while 19% aren't sure.

And 49%(a drop from 52% in 2008) think ACORN stole the election; although the group has been defunct for years.

Looks like the country is really Center/Left contrary to Republican Propaganda.

This country is absolutely Center/Left, and it's more obvious than ever after the last election. There is always the pendulum effect to be considered, but in this case it seems to be more a case of the GOP catering to a fringe element in their party and ignoring the clear signs that most citizens consider smaller government to mean one that doesn't invade your bedroom. People are realizing that trusting CEOs and Wall Street to "play fair" and respect workers is against their best interest and a pipe dream. I agree that the Defense Department budget needs cutting; for far too long there has been a golden revolving door between the military and defense contractors. Both Eisenhower and JFK made speeches warning us against the encroachment of the military-industrial complex, and we're witnessing its naked power, greed and manipulation of the citizenry more clearly than ever before. The far Right and its most ardent adherents seem unable to grasp the idea that millions of Americans are more concerned about the treatment of minorities, women, the disabled and needy than they are concerned about protecting the assets accrued by the wealthiest few at the expense of the many and the most vulnerable. There are, to be sure, some abuses of the aid programs. These are, however, no less egregious than a wrench or toilet seat costing hundreds of dollars being bought by the various branches of the military in bulk. For too long we have watched our young people being sent across the globe to serve in senseless and often illegal wars, and the people of this country are weary of the maiming and killing...they're ready for peace. The times have been a'changing indeed.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Really. I seem to see that pols shopw that america has never been as devided has it is now. just today I saw that Obama favorable ratinf was at 49%. That emans 521% are not favorable or not supportive, The numbers sayig we are on the worng poath is even higher. I can well eremmebr when reagn was president and it was thoguht that the Democratic party was loss in politcs .As Biden said recently in one of his moments of clarity;the poltical pendulum is always swing.That was i response to the mid temr which Obam loss the house and it remains the same now. One looks at stae houses and its onl;y gone worse fro Democrats.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I can understand why more people want to join the party of Santa Claus.
Who wouldn't want the rich to pay our way to Utopia ?
Ah, the 47% rhetoric. Worked like a charm this past election, didn't it? Keep it up, 2014 is just around the corner, and we could use some more Dems in office.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This country is absolutely Center/Left, and it's more obvious than ever after the last election. There is always the pendulum effect to be considered, but in this case it seems to be more a case of the GOP catering to a fringe element in their party and ignoring the clear signs that most citizens consider smaller government to mean one that doesn't invade your bedroom. People are realizing that trusting CEOs and Wall Street to "play fair" and respect workers is against their best interest and a pipe dream. I agree that the Defense Department budget needs cutting; for far too long there has been a golden revolving door between the military and defense contractors. Both Eisenhower and JFK made speeches warning us against the encroachment of the military-industrial complex, and we're witnessing its naked power, greed and manipulation of the citizenry more clearly than ever before. The far Right and its most ardent adherents seem unable to grasp the idea that millions of Americans are more concerned about the treatment of minorities, women, the disabled and needy than they are concerned about protecting the assets accrued by the wealthiest few at the expense of the many and the most vulnerable. There are, to be sure, some abuses of the aid programs. These are, however, no less egregious than a wrench or toilet seat costing hundreds of dollars being bought by the various branches of the military in bulk. For too long we have watched our young people being sent across the globe to serve in senseless and often illegal wars, and the people of this country are weary of the maiming and killing...they're ready for peace. The times have been a'changing indeed.
Excellent post and spot on to the reality of American Politics.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Great!

Let the libs kill off the nation quicker so that we can break up and start over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies