Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Yet...hearing a black man say these things makes some on this forum salivate.
I concur with that. I think some people love hearing this person say these things for a reason. This particular Black man fulfills a cowardly purpose. He does the dirty work that some closet racists are afraid to do upfront. He basically says things alot of closet racists are afraid to say in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I concur with that. I think some people love hearing this person say these things for a reason. This particular Black man fulfills a cowardly purpose. He does the dirty work that some closet racists are afraid to do upfront. He basically says things alot of closet racists are afraid to say in public.
But we aren't allowed to say these things because that would make us racists. Can't you see that?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering if people like him are considered racist when I certainly would be. I agree with all he says but since I have been kept from using some of the words he uses I don't go there. So much of what he says is so very true, especially about the slaves.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/F0sk...n_US%26fs=1%26
I find it hilarious that people who say President Obama has shunned black people are often the same people who call black people slaves, savages, and bubble heads.

Yeah, that guy has a positive message for us enslaved, bubble headed, savage black people. He cares. He is really causing us to think by calling us savages and racists.

The reality is because of the sick racial American narrative a lot of black people learn to hate black people. He is an example of that sickness. He makes no sense and he is a fool and a liar.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Exactly.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But we aren't allowed to say these things because that would make us racists. Can't you see that?
Actually, there are alot of people condemning this man as well. I've seen this trick before, and it doesn't work. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and what this man is say. What that man said was basically self-hate. I've seen this before, and I don't buy. I've seen the "A Black man is saying it so it must be true" line, and I do not buy it, not even for a moment.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I find it hilarious that people who say President Obama has shunned black people are often the same people who call black people slaves, savages, and bubble heads.
Hilarious, and a touch of hypocrisy when you think about it.

Quote:
Yeah, that guy has a positive message for us enslaved, bubble headed, savage black people. He cares. He is really causing us to think by calling us savages and racists.
And there are people who think that this kind of language would "wake Black people up".

Quote:
The reality is because of the sick racial American narrative a lot of black people learn to hate black people. He is an example of that sickness. He makes no sense and he is a fool and a liar.
Basically true

Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Some people are making references to Bill Cosby on this topic, and some people feel like Black people "get mad when someone speaks the truth". Well, I will try and clarify some things.

Most Black people I know do not hate Bill Cosby. This is what I see. He didn't say anything that was insulting. He wasn't saying "all Black people do things like this". I think what rubbed some people the wrong way was not "what he said", or even some much "how he said it". It was the time and place that he said it. It was an attitude of "don't air out the dirty laundry of the Black community in public".

Another corollary to this: Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia. A Black man who called out the thugs who were attacking people unprovoked in Philadelphia during the summer of 2011. Alot of people agreed with what he said. And I think one other reason he didn't catch any crap(as far as I know, I only saw the speech). Why? My theory is where he said it. It was planned, and it was church.

It wasn't about the message, but more the "don't say this in public" or "this belongs in church or at the dinner table".

As for the man in the video, it's obvious he was offering nothing but hate for his own ethnicity.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Some people are making references to Bill Cosby on this topic, and some people feel like Black people "get mad when someone speaks the truth". Well, I will try and clarify some things.

Most Black people I know do not hate Bill Cosby. This is what I see. He didn't say anything that was insulting. He wasn't saying "all Black people do things like this". I think what rubbed some people the wrong way was not "what he said", or even some much "how he said it". It was the time and place that he said it. It was an attitude of "don't air out the dirty laundry of the Black community in public".

Another corollary to this: Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia. A Black man who called out the thugs who were attacking people unprovoked in Philadelphia during the summer of 2011. Alot of people agreed with what he said. And I think one other reason he didn't catch any crap(as far as I know, I only saw the speech). Why? My theory is where he said it. It was planned, and it was church.

It wasn't about the message, but more the "don't say this in public" or "this belongs in church or at the dinner table".

As for the man in the video, it's obvious he was offering nothing but hate for his own ethnicity.

I don't hate Bill Cosby, he has done more for black Americans then I ever will, but I disagreed with his conclusions.

He was harping on teenage pregnancy when at the time he said what he said over 90% of black teenage girls 15-19 don't have any children and that number has gone up.

He was harping on crime when at the time crime had been declining and still is declining for black Americans.

Again, I generally reject the idea of collective racial failure. So generally I reject the idea that the black "race" has black problems or black race problems.

To me that is an inherently racist idea.

The long standing racial narrative in this nation has been that there is something wrong with the black race.

That our problems are somehow tied to our DNA our race. Later on the idea of fixing the black race took hold.

We still are having similar discussion to this day, with the idea that American social problems are really black racial problems and with the idea that we are broken and have to fix ourselves.

It is wrong headed thinking that damages us greatly.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Cosby was on point, and if folks have a problem with him then it's a good thing they weren't around when Malcolm x spoke. X was more conservative than on all Reagan....LOL

Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Cosby was on point, and if folks have a problem with him then it's a good thing they weren't around when Malcolm x spoke. X was more conservative than on all Reagan....LOL
Bill Cosby was not on point.

There is a racial narrative that has existed that there is something wrong with the black race.

That we are a broken troubled people and that those troubles are the result of our DNA of our racial heritage. There is this constant desire that we have to be fixed.

These ideas are poisonous to us. The idea that American social problems are really caused by the black race that we have these collective racial faults is inherently racist.

It doesn't serve us to think of ourselves in this light. Not only that it is not even correct thinking about the source of American social problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies