Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's embarrassing, really. Obama's consoling Sandra Fluke, commenting on the Professor Gates arrest, and commenting that Martin could've been his own son are a trio of embarrassing things for the President of the nation to have gotten involved in.

The Martin comment was just a really stupid thing to say. I mean Caylee Anthony could've been his daughter too, right? Where were his touching comments about that? I thought we were supposed not judge on skin color. It was a transparent case of the leader of the nation hamming it up for the media and should've been beneath the dignity of anybody occupying the office.
What is the big freaking probelm in stating the obvious? Trayvon could have been my son as well! If bill Clinton had said that Caylee could have been his daughter would you all have made an issue out that? Why does it seem that anything that this president does is magnified? There are things that he has done that I don't agree with, but if he was white and made the same comments no one would have given it a second thought

Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I don't see how anyone, who actually reads that lawsuit transcript (assuming it is correct) can believe George Zimmerman is NOT going to win this lawsuit. It was obvious NBC set him up and made every allegation in the lawsuit true. If not, the two reporters would not have been fired for their bad reporting.

Simple fact here: NBC (and others) made statements and claims, about Zimmerman which were false. Those false statements are what has stuck in the minds of the general public, convicting Zimmerman, without the full, unbiased facts.

Zimmerman should be found not guilty and should walk away with a nice settlement. However, in this politically correct insane world we live in, I doubt that will occur.
Let me be devil advocate for a minute if Zimmerman wins doesn't that mean that Trayvon Martin Family win all of the money after they sue him ( Zimmerman ) for violating Trayvon Civil Right In Theirs Civil Court Case....?.....

Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In a related matter....

All the burglaries and break in's stopped the day Trayvon, took his last breath.
WOW!

Just say'n
Are you sure? Can you actually prove this? Can you also prove the crimes that were not reported as well?

Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
President Obama did not say 'Trayvon is my son'.

I guess that's why you did not include a clip of what Obama REALLY said.

Check with the doctor; there is help for Alzheimers.
Yea, he definitely didn't say that....

He said "If I had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin"..

Which is way, WAYYYYY stupider than if he HAD said the former.

At least "Trayvon Matrin was my son" could have been a figure of speech.

But now Obama owns the stupidest quote by a President ever, George W Bush not excluded.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yea, he definitely didn't say that....

He said "If I had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin"..

Which is way, WAYYYYY stupider than if he HAD said the former.

At least "Trayvon Matrin was my son" could have been a figure of speech.

But now Obama owns the stupidest quote by a President ever, George W Bush not excluded.
Bush stands alone. Sorry.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm surprised he made such a grammatical error, then.

He should have said 'if you have a business you didn't build IT'.

Only dunderheads would think he was talking about someone's business.
It was obvious to people who understand English he was referring to the nation's infrastructure.

I don't have to read the transcript. I heard the speech.
It is the same principle that when Biden said that the banks are going to put yall back in slavery (paraphasing) and some people acted like he got a pass on making a racist remark, they hear what they want to hear and ignore what they don't.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
People in this very thread have accused Martin of being responsible for all crime in Sanford, so you are clearly wrong.
Anyone who has legal liability?
Or will they sue some anonymous C-D poster?
You clearly misunderstand the premise of this thread.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
BS, Lots of Black teens die everyday in America. He picked this one to make an underhanded statement.
No one asked him about any other case either, but I guess that you missed that one

Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is the same principle that when Biden said that the banks are going to put yall back in slavery (paraphasing) and some people acted like he got a pass on making a racist remark, they hear what they want to hear and ignore what they don't.
What Biden did was simply a play on words. he knew very well that word is perceived a certain way..even though it meant something totally different. His coaches pounded the script.

Stop trying to downplay what was at work there.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You've been wrong so many times I'm surprised you even post about this case anymore.
Oh, Edward, you wouldn't have a clue whether or not I was right or wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies