Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,542,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Obama says his son would look like Trayvon
President Obama said today the nation needs to do some "soul searching" over the shooting death of unarmed African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said at the White House.
Obama says his son would look like Trayvon
What, exactly is offensive about what President Obama said?

Obviously, noting that he and Martin had similar builds and skin color is not offensive at all. I can only assume that sme people are angry because they are modern, "oppose the democrat no matter what he does" republican, or because they are very offended by the existence of black Americans.

Other than that, I have no clue.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,349,509 times
Zimmerman actually does have a tenable case. He should probably win. I was always bothered by the Trayvon narrative. It was VERY media manufactured.

Trayvon's family can actually probably try to sue the conservative commentators who also maligned him. His problem will be one of damages, and the fact that it's his estate that's collecting.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM

25,804 posts, read 16,451,635 times
What they did was disgusting. He definitely was harmed and deserves damages. And they should be fined big time.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Your inability to keep up and comprehend doesn't negate the facts. Most of America knew about the edited verson right after it happened. Unintended consequences doesn't absolve them.

It's no surprise, though, that a few people here failed to grasp what was widely reported as a massive fail by NBC.

So he's a babbling fool. God help us. Where are his answers about Benghazi? If a white person said Trayon looked like 0bamas son, the racist accusations would fly.

When President Nixon commented about Manson, there was talk of a mistrial. Obviously, 0bama doesn't have a clue about when to keep his flapping gums shut.
...ditto...

Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What they did was disgusting. He definitely was harmed and deserves damages. And they should be fined big time.
Altering the 911 tape was only a portion of the lies NBC drummed into people. They also reported that "he got out of his car and chased Martin after being told not to" for months. Any one that listened to the tape knows better...he was following Martin, and when told "we don't need you to do that" by dispatch, he STOPPED.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
When can Trayvon's parents start suing Rush, Fox and the rest of the right-wingers for portraying their son as a drug-addicted founding member of the Crips & Bloods?
If they have a case, I say go for it.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
In a related matter....

All the burglaries and break in's stopped the day Trayvon, took his last breath.
WOW!

Just say'n

Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Politically, Obama really should not have weighed in. It was TOO controversial and emotional.
I understand Obama's comment and, despite the all progress we have made as nation, driving while black is still seems to be a reason for police to pull over a young man in this nation. It is slowly changing, but we aren't there yet. We felt we had to have discussions with our sons about how to deal with the police that none of our white neighbors did. It isn't fair but you have to prepare your children for reality, not some non-existent utopia.

Yes, as president his response should have been along the lines of 'that is a state of Florida issue and it wouldn't be proper for me to answer,' but I get his knee jerk response. Sometimes it gets hard to struggle along the high road when you see people skipping along the low road. But.... he's the president and we as a nation need him to always wear that title, first and foremost.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,715,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Wouldn't that put Fox News out of business?

After all, I wonder how many times they played their chopped up version of Obama's speech wherein he said "you have a business...you didn't build that".

Leaving out everything he said between those phrases.

Yep, I agree. News programs should be more responsible. Except, I forgot...Fox News admitted they are providing 'entertainment', not news...
Reaad the transcript, that was his exact quote. There was nothing to cut out between those phrases. Here is his exact quote. You can argue he was referring to bridges, etc. that he referred to earlier in the speech, but these were his exact words.

Quote:
If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
Did Obama Say, ‘If You’ve Got a Business, You Didn’t Build That’? - ABC News

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Reaad the transcript, that was his exact quote. There was nothing to cut out between those phrases. Here is his exact quote. You can argue he was referring to bridges, etc. that he referred to earlier in the speech, but these were his exact words.

Did Obama Say, ‘If You’ve Got a Business, You Didn’t Build That’? - ABC News
I'm surprised he made such a grammatical error, then.

He should have said 'if you have a business you didn't build IT'.

Only dunderheads would think he was talking about someone's business.
It was obvious to people who understand English he was referring to the nation's infrastructure.

I don't have to read the transcript. I heard the speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.