Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good for you! That's not a bad way to approach life.

It's the only way to survive these uninformed/low information Homophobes and give hope to the younger LGBT folks which I feel I have an obligation to try and accomplish for them.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course they did. Genesis tells the story of them, and the New Testament (and Jesus) restated it.
The bible is no authority and is a collection of unoriginal tales of folklore. NONE of it ever happened (as reported) Get educated.
Quote:
Non-sequitur. I've said nothing about the age of the earth.
No matter, since your whole argument is a non sequitur - but the irony is you just quoted jeebus who through lineage traces back to the fictitious Adam and was the method in which the biblical age of the earth was calculated, you really are not even schooled in your own religion's origins and history are you?

But to the point I made, your imaginary friend jeebus traces back through fictitious Noah and we all know that was the dude that was the barge captain and zoo keeper of the imaginary ark of the imaginary flood. This my reference to the Antarctic ice cores which are only ONE piece of evidence that refutes your silly babble.

Your own Grand canyon predates the babble as do many other geological phenomenon. Only a young earther would claim the A&E story to be literal.

With regards to another comment not quoted, homosexuality is found in nature in many species. It is just the ick factor you have with buttsex that makes you such a silly opponent of SSM. SSM is more than sex and you tards should realise that gays would not choose to be gay with all the idiots like you running around in the USA condemning them to second class status. I am almost certain you have ZERO issues with girl on girl action.

And I am not even gay, married 29 years to one wife. So for your babble, just a hint, it makes a perfect paper weight and is about the only useful thing it can do. Maybe one day when you actually read and study it and look at the whole history of that work of fiction, you too may change your stance and become a member of the human race and be as tolerant as your fictitious jeebus may have suggested.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
How are gay people going to play victim and siphon attention for themselves once it's legalized in all 50 states?
They won't have to 'play victim' any more, so they won't. And they won't need any attention to their cause, either, so they won't seek any.
You're mistaken if you think they are only in it for the attention. They're not. Just like us straight folks. They just want to be able to live their lives with the same rights of marriage, inheritance, divorce and estate that the rest of us have always enjoyed.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Prove it. Can you? There hasn't been anything proven in regards to demonstrating that homosexuality is natural.
That's easy. It exists. Therefore, it's natural!

Quote:
Being born with a desire for a behavior is not the standard for right/wrong.
No, it's not. But the standard for right/wrong is that which causes harm. Killing causes harm. Stealing causes harm. Raping causes harm. Mutually consensual homosexual relationships do not.

Sorry.

Quote:
I like women a lot...but my wife is going to frown upon me marrying a 2nd wife.
I'm luckier than you are. My life likes women as much as I do, which means we get to share many of them. Sorry you're not as lucky as I am.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
That's easy. It exists. Therefore, it's natural!
So does cannibalism.
Quote:

No, it's not. But the standard for right/wrong is that which causes harm.
Says who?
Quote:

I'm luckier than you are. My life likes women as much as I do, which means we get to share many of them. Sorry you're not as lucky as I am.
Sorry...I just decided that was wrong. I guess you need to stop.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
So does cannibalism.
Where?

Quote:
Says who?
Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Quote:
Sorry...I just decided that was wrong. I guess you need to stop.
Sorry, but our relationship is none of your business, so your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,461 times
Quote:
Of course we need to give compassion to gay people. Telling them it's healthy and normal to live that way isn't compassion, though. In any event, it's irrelevant if it's a choice or not. God defines it as sin and it's wrong to do it.
Jesus wasn't against gays or gay marriage

Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Where?
There are tribes in remote areas that still practice it. Animals do, as well.
Quote:

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.
So then public opinion determines right/wrong? Does that go for the topic of gay rights? Personally, I'm sure there are a lot of black people in this country that agree that public opinion doesn't determine morality, what with that little thing called slavery.
Quote:

Sorry, but our relationship is none of your business, so your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Then I guess you'll stop trying to tell us what is right and wrong?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Jesus wasn't against gays or gay marriage
He called it sin. Is that "against it" enough?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
He called it sin. Is that "against it" enough?
Chapter and verse please. TMK there are ZERO scrips of jeebus saying anything pertaining to gays. Seeing this imaginary dude hung out with 12 guys and w h o r e s, it is highly unlikely he had any US RWNJ leanings in his alleged philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies