Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM

518 posts, read 406,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
I would say that the liberals failed for largely 2 reasons. Those are the CFA tends to be located in conservative areas of the country and is generally patronized by conservatives and religious people. I doubt you will find one in any city that has lots of gays with the exception of maybe Atlanta Georgia. Therefore they had few liberals in their customer base to start with. They only have one restaurant here in Chicago that I know of (may be others but I have not seen any) and I have been there one time. It is good food though but I cannot support their politics.
Uh, they 'failed' in your imagination.

Check the scoreboard. The critics of Chick-fil-A wanted the company's management to stop using their wealth to attack gay rights - and they caved. So it looks like the liberals won.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Uh, they 'failed' in your imagination.

Check the scoreboard. The critics of Chick-fil-A wanted the company's management to stop using their wealth to attack gay rights - and they caved. So it looks like the liberals won.
lol, it's all a game to you isn't it? Like monday night football. Ugh if you want to look at it like that, you did not win. Grow up and look at it as it was meant. We didn't like the threats so we stood behind them.

As far as your gay rights. I don't give a damn if people want to screw each other up the butt... what ever floats your boat. What you do in your bedroom is your business..

FAIL!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, it's all a game to you isn't it? Like monday night football. Ugh if you want to look at it like that, you did not win. Grow up and look at it as it was meant. We didn't like the threats so we stood behind them.

As far as your gay rights. I don't give a damn if people want to screw each other up the butt... what ever floats your boat. What you do in your bedroom is your business..

FAIL!
Beavis would be proud.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I don't think the OP understands what the boycott was about or what those who were boycotting wanted. The boycott was an absolute success.
None of the far right conservative anti-gay posters in this thread have shown they understand what the boycott was about.

Which is why posts like those below are so ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Why? Because the average liberal is uninformed and knee jerk reacts to most anything that is the "cause" of the minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Because they tried to stop someone from expressing their freedom of speech and to believe as they wish. Simple as that it backfired and made them look stupid.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
None of the far right conservative anti-gay posters in this thread have shown they understand what the boycott was about.

Why do you think we really give a damn what you do with the same sex. Just don't bother us with it. Keep it private like we are expected to do.

FAIL!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Liberals hate capitalism so they should boycott everything.... the grocery store, shopping malls, gas stations, internet service, bars, restaurants and on and on, all part of capitalism. It's funny to watch them sleep on the side walk when a new iPhone comes out...

Liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.
This doesn't make sense. Where do you think the ideology of Capitalism and a free market came from?

Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Why do you think we really give a damn what you do with the same sex. Just don't bother us with it. Keep it private like we are expected to do.

FAIL!
Since when do heterosexuals 'keep what they do with the opposite sex' private?

Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

You just can't get past that beat down can you. When you speak out against someones right to speak or where they donate their money you have to expect people to stand up for themselves and that's what happened whether you like it or not.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Read this column, consider the fact that more people than ever identify themselves as Democrats and try explaining again exactly how this boycott failed.

Chick-fil-A Becomes Republicans' Top Brand; Hits Bottom Among Democrats

Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Yeah, I don't know that there is any proof that it failed. I used to eat there occasionally if I was in a hurry and had no option but fast food but, I no longer eat there and know of co-workers who say they no longer give them their business. Any action that results in people making a conscious effort NOT to spend their money there seems detrimental. Yes, there were quite a few folks who made a point of supporting them initially but, that was short lived. What spending patterns folks maintain long term are what matters. The Exxon Valdez mishap was decades ago but, I've never purchased gas there since. Same principle.
Agreed. I sometimes wonder if the boycott had any effect in the southern states, who are not exactly ethical activist types. I still see many families buying the crappy food. I can't even get my sister to stop buying it and she knows how I feel. They only care about convenience and price, not about sacrifice or voting with the wallet. She also knows that I will not eat it, even when it's free. I used to eat CFA at least 3 times a week, but have given it up, although I do admit that I miss it at times. I too stopped buying Exxon after the Valdez spill. I could count the times that I've gassed up at Exxon since 1989 on one hand.

Last edited by wehotex; 12-08-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.