Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They are nothing but gun hustlers and a lobbying group for criminals. By opposing the most innocuous of gun laws they share moral responsibility for every past and future public shooting. I have more respect for Al Qaeda.
hyperbole on steroids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
hyperbole on steroids
What do you expect from a poster who fears an armed citizenry?

Now we know why he respects Al Queda,...they fear armed citizens. Armed citizens hinder their terrorism.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But that is what drives the conservative movement these days. Fear is their greatest strength.
lol.

And the thing that drives liberal blather is fear of conservatives. And Sarah Palin. Especially Sarah with a gun.

Silly libs.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
What do you expect from a poster who fears an armed citizenry?

Now we know why he respects Al Queda,...they fear armed citizens. Armed citizens hinder their terrorism.
Looks like mr.magoo would have preferred to remain a loyal subject of the king

Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol.

And the thing that drives liberal blather is fear of conservatives. And Sarah Palin. Especially Sarah with a gun.

Silly libs.
You want to drag Palin into this discussion and then call someone silly?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You want to drag Palin into this discussion and then call someone silly?
ROFL!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
The NRA has well lost its purpose. It is nothing than a fear mongering special interests group that serves as a the mouthpiece for the gun industry lobbyists. Our civil liberties are well protected and I support people's rights to carry guns as long as they are within context of civilian firearms.

However the NRA seems keen on being the largest group of moronic rabbling idiots known in this country. The only purpose is to protect the gun sales of the large gun businesses internationally or domestically and they do it perfectly by playing the chords to create propaganda eaten up by brain dead nitwits.

We need to take a mature stance about the gun issues in the USA, on where we sell weapons internatioanlly, our requirements for buying guns and their ammunition domestically and being able to have a database system of sorts that is effective in countering organized criminals who often use such weapons.

We have an issue but we refuse to address it, out of fear, paranoia and down right falsified propaganda. We need to free ourselves from the gun mentality that has enslaved us into a mindset of proliferation.

1. NRA has nothing to do with international gun sales.
2. The NRA takes a mature approach to everything, including proper training in gun safety.
3. And as I re-read the above drivel, what were you babbling about?

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-10-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,631,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
As expected, I get the same lip service from NRA supporters that the NRA spits themselves. They do nothing more than serve the interests of gun sales and keep you all scared and to keep on buying the guns.

I have already been accused as a "gun grabbing liberal" even though I stated that people have the right to purchase firearms. My main argument is the lack of norms to keep guns accountable and transparent. There is none. And to those of you who say maintaining a database is too expensive make me laugh even harder than the rest of these blowhard arguments here. How about all of the criminals that end up in prison from gun crimes because they were so easily able to illicitly purchase a firearm and end up living on government money? Or the endless amounts of money being put into police forces to counter criminal gun violence? The fact of the matter is it is too damn easy to flow influxes of weapons and ammunition into civil society.

Also I say to those of you that ramble the rhetoric of the NRA. What about the population that doesn't wish to own firearms? Why is it fair to those people that selfish morons such as yourselves force them to live in a dangerous environment because you advocate everyone and their grandma should own a gun. Proliferating weapons does not provide a more secure environment for everyone, it does just the opposite.

I am for responsible gun ownership and laws permitting it. The only issue is that our laws currently do not permit or encourage responsible ownership.

You all fail to see the big picture and would rather ramble what you hear from your masters at the NRA and fox news.

The NRA is to gun owners what Unions are to workers.
I fail to see how keeping a database list of gun owners is going to curb any violence with guns. The waste of taxpayer dollars will be spent on a database consisting mainly of people like myself who own firearms for the sole purpose of providing food for my family. If this database becomes reality, I will be put into the database if I buy a shotgun ONLY because the majority of folks, like me go into a store, go through all the redtape, show my ID and sign my life away. Do you honestly think criminals obtain their firearms in such fashion? If so, you are sadly mistaken. No database will be able to track those who buy firearms for violence.

As far as the population who wish to not own firearms....I'm from Montana. I own guns, my husband and all of my children own guns, my Mom and Dad, grandparents and extended family all own guns. This is the case for the majority of families here. I honestly do not know ANYONE that does not have a firearm of some sort in their home. God honest truth. The 84 year old widow two doors down has her daddy's shotgun and a rifle and she still goes out and gets her cow elk. To think she would be put into some bogus, useless database is idiotic.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
I left the NRA years ago. When i had an issue with a gun related legal issue. I called the NRA after being a member for many years and was basically told to P up a rope. Then I watched the idiots like Nugent come out and say such crazy dumb things that I did not want to be associated with and then Wayne L. came out and just pandered to the crazy Kenyan birther idiots I could not take it anymore. They have went way off the reservation. If Nugent is a spokes person who holds up an AR at a concert and says Obama ride on this or Hillary ride this, then fires blanks from a M2 and says suck on this Reno, we have to part ways. Nugent and Wayne have lost us more people than they unite. Crazy bat crap junk may fire up the most limited intellects among us but its not going to do much for those looking at our side to see what our response to gun ownership is.

If you can't say it intelligently then just go away and shut the hell up.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
I fail to see how keeping a database list of gun owners is going to curb any violence with guns. The waste of taxpayer dollars will be spent on a database consisting mainly of people like myself who own firearms for the sole purpose of providing food for my family. If this database becomes reality, I will be put into the database if I buy a shotgun ONLY because the majority of folks, like me go into a store, go through all the redtape, show my ID and sign my life away. Do you honestly think criminals obtain their firearms in such fashion? If so, you are sadly mistaken. No database will be able to track those who buy firearms for violence.

As far as the population who wish to not own firearms....I'm from Montana. I own guns, my husband and all of my children own guns, my Mom and Dad, grandparents and extended family all own guns. This is the case for the majority of families here. I honestly do not know ANYONE that does not have a firearm of some sort in their home. God honest truth. The 84 year old widow two doors down has her daddy's shotgun and a rifle and she still goes out and gets her cow elk. To think she would be put into some bogus, useless database is idiotic.
Where were you when Bush and his minions were saying that they wanted warrentless searches and wiretaps? Many on the right said if you are not doing anything wrong then you don't have anything to worry about. I think that line of logic could apply to gun lists. I don't agree with either but most of the idiots on the far right were silent on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies