Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You have no idea what may or may not be going on behind the scenes to help this guy. Not everything involving state department business like this becomes or should become fodder for the media.
Could be...could also be...nothing.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My observation also.

How did this morph into the "left" as in Democrats are not now and have never been soldiers. None of them have served their country with distinction?

This misguided irresponsible EX Marine has somehow become the poster boy for everything the right and Repubs hold near and dearest. Strange that ,as from what I read of this kid; he's made a couple of bad choices and now he's sitting in a foreign jail through no fault of anyone but himself.

Those of us challenging the postion offered that he should receive intercession on his behalf from no one less than the President himself are being labelled as everything from disloyal to not knowing a thing about being a soldier. Cripes!

Phrases like "No one left behind" being bandied around by supposed ex-marines or ex-army just make me want to reply with "well how come you're still on here threee days later spouting nonsense and haven't saddled your azzes up to get down there and rescue the kid?" What were you guys while in harness; motor-pool mechanics perhaps?

All this bellicose posturing does nothing but confirm the old adage "talk is cheap."

The real deal would not waste their time in a pissing contest on an internet forum over a topic such as this.
You answer your own questions. You also don't remember what you were taught from about day #1-#2 in Basic.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
...Here's a thought for you to consider: any average intelligent individual travelling within Mexico over the last 20 years or so is very cognizant of the Morbida...
It's mordida, but I had a low-brow comment the last time I corrected another poster on the term here...

Quote:
...I challenge anyone whose watched any TV in the last 20 years to come on here and tell us all that travel in Mexico poses no risks whatsoever...
Travel in Mexico is safe enough, even in northern Mexico, if you are smart about it. I've never had any mordida, traveling by plane, car, and bus. The first time I traveled by bus (the way Mexicans commonly get between cities in the north), a couple Federales boarded in the early morning south of Chihuahua. They had no problem with me, but rather the Mexican across the aisle that didn't wake up when the situation called for it.

Quote:
...His buddy even suggested taking the shotgun along posed a risk but what did our intrepid young Marine choose to do? He chose to assume his status as an ex marine and a U.S. citizen would garner him special priviledge ~ OOOOPS! Even a modicum of research by our intrepid ex Marine would have gleaned all he need to know about the weapons restrictions of Mexico. Don't they teach Marines anything about being prepared? Perhaps he should have spent some time as a Boy Scout as that's their motto.

His parents even said they tried to talk him out of going down there but "they're fearless marines and wouldn't listen".

This grasshopper chose badly!
Especially in the mentality that carrying a gun will make you safer. I've gone all over the world, and been able to see quite a bit. Watch the locals, and don't do anything stupid.

Luckily we didn't have the loose cannon I see here for situations like when I got my CAR, we didn't trust those with "headspace and timing issues" around us for the serious stuff. The ones that do the most talk the least. That is all.

My prayers to the Marine, but he should have followed the rules a little smarter...

Put him in CEFERESO Villa Aldama (where he should be anyway, for a federal weapons charge), even Jabin Bogan handled that fine...

Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM

222 posts, read 231,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
My friend would disagree with you if he were still with us.
nuts

Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, from your gibberish response to me to the repeated posting of pictures of your "big knives" (overcompensating, are we? ) to this nonsensical response has convinced me that you definitely ARE "special." I apologize for taking you to task. I don't normally argue with the mentally challenged.
I'd say you don't have a clue "what" those knives are.

You also missed History class 101..... Paul Tibbets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, from your gibberish response to me to the repeated posting of pictures of your "big knives" (overcompensating, are we? ) to this nonsensical response has convinced me that you definitely ARE "special." I apologize for taking you to task. I don't normally argue with the mentally challenged.
It won't last much longer as his mother is about to come down into the basement and tell him to get off the computer because she needs the modem upstairs for her weekly internet bridge club.

This particular ex-marine is simply astounding in his ability to diguise himself as an inmate of Bellview with his responses.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's mordida, but I had a low-brow comment the last time I corrected another poster on the term here...

Travel in Mexico is safe enough, even in northern Mexico, if you are smart about it. I've never had any mordida, traveling by plane, car, and bus. The first time I traveled by bus (the way Mexicans commonly get between cities in the north), a couple Federales boarded in the early morning south of Chihuahua. They had no problem with me, but rather the Mexican across the aisle that didn't wake up when the situation called for it.

Especially in the mentality that carrying a gun will make you safer. I've gone all over the world, and been able to see quite a bit. Watch the locals, and don't do anything stupid.

Luckily we didn't have the loose cannon I see here for situations like when I got my CAR, we didn't trust those with "headspace and timing issues" around us for the serious stuff. The ones that do the most talk the least. That is all.

My prayers to the Marine, but he should have followed the rules a little smarter...

Put him in CEFERESO Villa Aldama (where he should be anyway, for a federal weapons charge), even Jabin Bogan handled that fine...
Thank you for a reasoned and sane response while keeping the condescension out of the mix.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Tom Clancy really does have a lot to answer for.
Mike's Hard Lemonade ... meet keyboard.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
It won't last much longer as his mother is about to come down into the basement and tell him to get off the computer because she needs the modem upstairs for her weekly internet bridge club.

This particular ex-marine is simply astounding in his ability to diguise himself as an inmate of Bellview with his responses.
We believe all you say...We read it on....

-
- * - -

* -
-
* -

C
I
T
Y

D
A
T
A

Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You answer your own questions. You also don't remember what you were taught from about day #1-#2 in Basic.
I was never nor did I ever aspire to be a "Marine".

Were that the only thing I considered as worthwhile in my life; I'd be forced to consider reassessing my priorities.

AND I wish to disagree with you from meeting many of the "real deals". They would be embarrassed by your offerings on here. I think you know that as well but have dug yourself in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies