Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,100,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Take a look at the date of the inauguration, then think why this might be the reason .

"Another difference this year comes thanks to the calendar. Inauguration Day is Jan. 20, which falls on a Sunday. Chief Justice John Roberts will officially swear in the president at a private White House ceremony at noon that day."

Wanna bet it falls upon deaf ears...especially with the usual suspects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,270,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Obviously the president altered the calendar so he can take the oath from the chief cleric of Al-Azhar University.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,810,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It has ALWAYS been AMAZING how these "conservatives" grab something out of a blogs and mindlessly run around with it.
This.

I heard the president talking about giving out tickets on the radio last week to the inauguration and I have a few hyper-Democrat friends who are already planning on going.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,100,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It has ALWAYS been AMAZING how these "conservatives" grab something out of a blogs and mindlessly run around with it.

There's a big difference between intelligent conservatives and the RWNJ crowd that hangs out in C-D.

Just saying....

Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times
Quote:
There's a big difference between intelligent conservatives and the RWNJ crowd that hangs out in C-D.

Just saying....
Only if you see me spell the word without quotes.

Just telling...

Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,725,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So the people won't here the word "dictator" in his swear in.
And see him with his hand on the Quran

Old 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM

398 posts, read 818,468 times
The official inauguration date falls on a Sunday. Apparently no "state' business is done on a Sunday. The hoopla inauguration will be on the following Monday. But the official swearing in will be done on Sunday. In this instance the White House press corp is normally invited to document the official swearing in. The White House has said it may not invite the press corp. The press corp then wrote a letter saying they should be invited. Have not heard whether the White House has responded to this request yet.
Have no idea why the White House would be thinking about changing from the standard traditional way of inviting the press corp.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,570,248 times
One of the more feverish threads I've seen here for awhile, I have to say. Onward and upward, nutters!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
One of the more feverish threads I've seen here for awhile, I have to say. Onward and upward, nutters!
What do you mean? There is a question about not inviting the white house press corp to the official swearing in on Sunday. Normally they are invited. Just wondering why the change in tradition is all.
What do you think about the subject?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Whose ears? its my eyes that are absorbing the information.
Totally understand about the Sunday date. But, even on a Sunday, the white house press corp is normally invited. So far, they have not been. As previously stated, the press corp has sent a letter requesting an invitation. Do you think they will get one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies