Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
We all know that is false. Gary Johnson was the best candidate. The only one who would have fought for YOUR right to marry rather than being a coward and "leaving it to the states" like Obama.
Gary johnson is just another libertarian hack who nobody cares about, proven by the fact he didn't get even 1% of the popular vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
White guilt? I think the only "whites" who feel "Guilty" are those who choose Romney!
Is that why so many of them disappeared from internet forums the day after the election?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The common phrase I've heard from conservatives is that Obama got elected because of white guilt. My question to you, why do you feel guilty and why did you vote for him a second time? I would have figured after the first election, you wouldn't feel guilty anymore.
Do you make this stuff up?? What makes you think the majority of white America can identify with a guy who is worth over a quarter of a billion dollars, who's primary focus was preserving the interests of the rich? Obama won because many people suspected Romney would have destroyed this country.

Last edited by 9162; 12-10-2012 at 03:38 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Do you make this stuff up?? What makes you think the majority of white America can identify with a guy who is worth over a quarter of a billion dollars, who's primary focus was preserving the interests of the rich? Obama won because many people know Romney would have destroyed this country.
just to be clear, i'm a democrat. I'm just trying to figure out where conservatives came up with this white guilt nonsense.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Gary johnson is just another libertarian hack who nobody cares about, proven by the fact he didn't get even 1% of the popular vote.
Sounds good. I hope gay people enjoy their marriages in 10 states for the foreseeable future because that's about as far as it's going to get. Didn't even pass muster in Oregon.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
1. I don't feel guilty. I gave Catholicism up for Lent decades ago, and I've happy as a clam ever since.

2. I voted for him a second time because I share his values in terms of human dignity and the social contract.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Sounds good. I hope gay people enjoy their marriages in 10 states for the foreseeable future because that's about as far as it's going to get. Didn't even pass muster in Oregon.
That is unfortunate, but it was a civil union bill, not an outright gay marriage bill, which is what people want. Give it time, it will pass in Oregon too, the liberals outnumber you there.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is unfortunate, but it was a civil union bill, not an outright gay marriage bill, which is what people want. Give it time, it will pass in Oregon too, the liberals outnumber you there.

Per Wikipedia

Quote:
The Oregon Constitution states: "It is the policy of Oregon, and its political subdivisions, that only a marriage between one man and one woman shall be valid or legally recognized as a marriage."[
By the way, I support gay marriage. Like I said, enjoy your marriage in 10 states. You have no one to blame but yourself who "leaves it up to the states."

Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM

222 posts, read 231,805 times
Quote:
just to be clear, i'm a democrat. I'm just trying to figure out where conservatives came up with this white guilt nonsense.
It's a projection of their world view. The only way they see white people votng for Obama is through the prism of their own imbecility.

Everyone is hung up on Obama's race. Even in 2008 Obama himself kept saying 'what are the odds of me being here?"

It's America.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,459 times
While in a state of denial, some conservatives may have blamed their guy's loss on white guilt, but I think that he lost more votes when he put the dog on the car roof. Everyone knows that you chain them to the back bumper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies