Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You still ignored my post that RTW states get paid less that non RTW states, so yes, I will continue only living in non RTW states. That was not a jab at Michigan other than me saying I would never live there, which is a true fact....though I probably would of never lived there before it became a RTW state because I have never had any interest in that state, with no disrespect to those that live there.
And how much of the extra pay the union members are getting is being garnished from their checks to pay their dues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And how much of the extra pay the union members are getting is being garnished from their checks to pay their dues?
My guess would be less than you would lose being in a right to work state, something I will never live in again. I hate right to work states cause they treat their workers like crap.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM

169 posts, read 113,103 times
Quote:
Well enjoy it when that employer cuts the pay down to minimum wage and then the Republicans vote to send the minimum wage down to the federal level as your employer tells you that you are gonna have to do the work of several people without seeing an increase of pay, but don't worry if you don't like it, you are welcome to go work for someone else who also is allowed to over work you for below average pay.

Wow.....and you're paranoid, too!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 PM

169 posts, read 113,103 times
Quote:
My guess would be less than you would lose being in a right to work state, something I will never live in again. I hate right to work states cause they treat their workers like crap.
Good....glad to hear that you want to live somewhere else. No one would want your union thug ass hanging around anyway

Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Right to Work" has them in a tizzy!

"We worked to get those benefits, now people who did nothing are going to benefit from our work!"

HaHa!

How does it feel to be on the other side of that coin?

Good point!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
This is how republicans do things when they have the majority.

They shove things through without debate.

Hmm, let's revisit ObamaCare.

Again you confirm the point of the OP.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Since none of you have ever been in a union or needed to have a union this thread is worthless. A better idea is to discuss why unions are needed or not needed.

I bet you would be surprise at how many of us have even been in several unions.

Right to Work is a different issue.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I have lived in plenty of states that are not right to work and have not been forced to join a union. Though I would join a union if I took a job that had a union.

I have .........and millions of others as well over the decades.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
Wow.....and you're paranoid, too!
Nope, why would I be paranoid? If you are wondering, I don't carry a gun with me where ever I go....that would be paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
Good....glad to hear that you want to live somewhere else. No one would want your union thug ass hanging around anyway
Also, I know you are new here or a new name to an old user, I can never tell these days, but I actually am not a "union thug ass" nor do I work for a union. Actually have never really worked for a union except for a brief period of time when I worked for a hotel that had a union, but I was only there for a few months.

But that doesn't change the fact that non RTW states get paid more on average and I had jobs that were paying more as non union than I would of gotten in a RTW state, so yes I will never live in a RTW state because I actually like getting paid and getting paid well for the work I do rather than have employers take advantage of my work because they know they can in RTW states.

But if you are cool with getting paid less, more power to you.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I can also make the choice of choosing where I want to work and where I don't want to work. And I have experience working in right to work states where workers are often times paid a lower wage and given worse benefit packages.

I work as an Electrician in Dallas.
We are neck and neck with what the Union pays,

We also have work more consistantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies