U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
 
29,210 posts, read 11,825,079 times
Reputation: 7746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All I have wanted to know about Hawaii is how they saw the BC that was locked in a vault. You, of course, never tell me about that but are so sure that they saw it. I say they didn't but made noises like they did.
The officials in Hawaii have the keys to the vault. They can go in and look at a birth certificate because they are authorized to do so. They say they have looked at the birth certificate. You say they didn't. And you have no foundation to say that they didn't, except for self-enforced ignorance. You refuse to believe any facts that contradict what you want to believe. And then you accuse others of that. Why do you say the Hawaiian officials lied about seeing the birth certificate? Why would they lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Status: "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s giant metal chicken." (set 27 days ago)
 
5,275 posts, read 3,127,855 times
Reputation: 6160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct. it is a long standing birther myth that everything obama signed/did will become "null and void". in the monumentally unlikely scenario that the birthers are actually right this is covered under the de facto officer doctrine:

"The de facto officer doctrine confers validity upon acts performed by a person acting under the color of official title even though it is later discovered that the legality of that person’s appointment or election to office is deficient."

De Facto Officer Law & Legal Definition
Thanks, I couldn't pull the term out of my sleepy brain last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,358 posts, read 2,248,085 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The officials in Hawaii have the keys to the vault. They can go in and look at a birth certificate because they are authorized to do so. They say they have looked at the birth certificate. You say they didn't. And you have no foundation to say that they didn't, except for self-enforced ignorance. You refuse to believe any facts that contradict what you want to believe. And then you accuse others of that. Why do you say the Hawaiian officials lied about seeing the birth certificate? Why would they lie?
Hmmmm, now where have I seen that phrase before? I know it was somewhere. I must be getting alzheimers or something, I can't quite place it. Now I'll have to dig through all of these darned 'silly threads' to look for it. Must have been talkin' bout me though, cause I never forget an attack, like a republican's elephant you know. Oh, anyways, nice post DC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,358 posts, read 2,248,085 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've never understood where this "vault" shtick came from in the first place. I spent a large part of my career in public health, in maternal and child health, and I'm sure as H*LL not familiar with any locked vaults where this information is kept. I think "vault copy" is a term the birthers themselves cooked up.
Stand Back! The PCHSearch&Win Vault Will Be Opened! $5,OOO.OO In Prizes To Be Awarded! | PCH Search&Win Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,834 posts, read 3,980,744 times
Reputation: 6219
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I only taught for 28 years and then I fought the lefties running our school and they unloaded me. Of course, my subjects were American History and Government and you leaners really believe you know a lot more about those things than I do.
If my kids had a teacher who tried to ram a certain political agenda down their throats, I would have had a fit.

Is that why you were "unloaded?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
3,192 posts, read 1,806,791 times
Reputation: 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I did. This bit: He swallows the "layers in the PDF" BS raw, assigns a pulled-from-nowhere likelihood to each of the cold-casers fallacious claims, multiplies the likelihoods and comes up with high number against. It is, to quote a real scientist, "not even wrong".
I think it's obvious where it was pulled from - rectum, damn near killed 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,117 posts, read 2,031,094 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Monckton is not an expert, I don't think, but at least as expert as anybody you mentioned as far as computer reproduction of anything is. I must thank you for all the work you went to in trying to prove he knows nothing about mathematics but wouldn't mind having something about computer science. I am almost computer illiterate so go ahead.

I think maybe you need to go to the bottom of the thing for me since you want so badly to convince me that that document is so pure in all ways. In fact, it was at the bottom that I started reading with care again after scanning much of the middle.

If you don't have time feel free to allow me to be uninformed about this document,(the BC). I accepted the fact that we would never know, for sure, where he was born long ago and have accepted the fact that he is a citizen although I just can't accept the natural born part and sure as hell can't accept that document that it took over 2 years to come up with.
No, you don't say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
14,162 posts, read 7,320,404 times
Reputation: 6123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The officials in Hawaii have the keys to the vault. They can go in and look at a birth certificate because they are authorized to do so. They say they have looked at the birth certificate. You say they didn't. And you have no foundation to say that they didn't, except for self-enforced ignorance. You refuse to believe any facts that contradict what you want to believe. And then you accuse others of that. Why do you say the Hawaiian officials lied about seeing the birth certificate? Why would they lie?
I guess they "lied" to the AZ secretary of state too.


"Secretary of State Ken Bennett says he got an e-mail from Hawaii officials late Tuesday, confirming they have an original birth certificate for the president.

"There's 12 points, the first one says a birth certificate is on file with the Department of Health indicating that Barack Hussein Obama II was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. And then the second through twelfth points each deal with a different point we asked in the request," Bennett said. "

Arizona Secretary of State receives confirmation from Hawaii on birth certificate | KJZZ.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,897 posts, read 6,599,872 times
Reputation: 3928
Monckton's probability calculation is completely without error. Too bad whatever it is that he's calculating has nothing to do with Obama's eligibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,897 posts, read 6,599,872 times
Reputation: 3928
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All I have wanted to know about Hawaii is how they saw the BC that was locked in a vault. You, of course, never tell me about that but are so sure that they saw it. I say they didn't but made noises like they did.
They opened the vault and looked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top