Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Ok,that guy says that those workers were rehired because proper procedure wasn't followed for firing them. Now why don't they fire these guys by following the correct procedure. Also what made these workers feel that they could get away with doing this in the first place? They must have already felt protected.
Whynot just say your fired and have at it. So called procedure are just red tape that means people have to work witht hese potheads and alcoholics or they get poaid for doig nothing. That is what its come down to and most realise its just protectig the dangerous workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
How common is this among some union workers?

Union Protects Drunks & Pot Heads - YouTube

My kind of union!!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Whynot just say your fired and have at it. So called procedure are just red tape that means people have to work witht hese potheads and alcoholics or they get poaid for doig nothing. That is what its come down to and most realise its just protectig the dangerous workers.
Why not just say 'you're guilty' and toss someone in jail without any due process?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why not just say 'you're guilty' and toss someone in jail without any due process?
It's not a court of law. You are on video drinking or using drugs. You are a danger to other employees and to the company. Bye.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Ok,that guy says that those workers were rehired because proper procedure wasn't followed for firing them. Now why don't they fire these guys by following the correct procedure. Also what made these workers feel that they could get away with doing this in the first place? They must have already felt protected.
sounds like some politicians

Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Good lord..people defending what the union did to protect these workers that should have been fired.

Now you know why many people do not like unions.

Just like the pedofile teachers that get moved to administrative duties to wait out their time to full retirement.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey if it is on their own time, meaning outside of work hours, not counting lunches and breaks, then an employer has no business prying into it's employee's personal lives. But if you're dumb enough to come in under the influence, or toke up in your car on your lunch break, then you deserve what you get. Union or not, see ya!
Exactly! My job is not my life. Where I work it is considered against our civil liberties to drug test, unless one is suspected of using while at work.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly! My job is not my life. Where I work it is considered against our civil liberties to drug test, unless one is suspected of using while at work.

Agreed. And while I support the rights of employers, there is a fine line when it comes to p***ing on their employees, and acting like a bunch of fascists violating their individual liberties outside of work. I have no problem following the company rules while on the clock, but my time is my time!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And based on watching some companies in action, management should be
Management in major corporations have been subjected to random drug tests for years now. The plant/hourly workers are not.

Random drug tests for exempt employees in fortune 500 corporations is standard practice.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I used to sling beer for a coors light distributor back in the day when I was young and in shape. I had a quick trip place on my route right across the street from a union plant. I learned early on not to show up there around lunchtime because the entire lot was full of folks slamming down 40 ounces or whatever else was their choosing. They even had lawn chairs set up all around the outskirts of the parking lot. That place was one of my biggest customers. Old Mil was the beer of choice. They'd chug and smoke away then ramble back to work for the long afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies