Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,265,967 times

Advertisements

Why in the world would someone who despises unions work for a company that hires unions.

Answer, for the benefits and pay that the union obtained for the employees. They want the union benefits without joining the union.

Work for a company that doesn't hire unions, problem solved. Or take a position that is not unionized. I've worked at companies that have union members and my position was non unionized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,999,727 times
Look....in reality, I feel that if you want a job at a union shop, you go in knowing what that union is about. But, I'm a reasonable person.

I also feel that there should be membership votes on how union dues are spent by their leadership. If 60% wish to donate to democrats, then only 60% of the funds should go to democrats.

I don't like the idea of union leaders using the members dollars as if it is theirs.

That being said, I'm loving the fact that unions are being dismantled piece by piece.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,772,830 times
I'll work where I choose and I will choose who represents me at the bargaining table

period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why in the world would someone who despises unions work for a company that hires unions.

Answer, for the benefits and pay that the union obtained for the employees. They want the union benefits without joining the union.

Work for a company that doesn't hire unions, problem solved. Or take a position that is not unionized. I've worked at companies that have union members and my position was non unionized.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Elections have consequences.

Deal with it.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM

38,617 posts, read 26,274,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Amazing....lefties are acting as if they are against "choice" and "freeloading"!

When the choice is killing a child, they're all in.

When the handouts are for the recipient class, they're all in.

When the "choice" is whether or not you should join their union, they don't want you to have one.

When the handouts are for what THEY bargained for, they are greedy, selfish pigs!

The new Michigan law sets a very dangerous precedent for liberals.

If workers wander off the union plantation, what's to prevent blacks from wandering off the disenfranchised race plantation or women from wandering off the victims of men plantation?

A little self-determination here and a little personal responsibility there, the next thing you know people will start asking questions like, how the hell did I ever end-up on food stamps?

With eyes open and free choices made available to ordinary people, the whole liberal universe of dependency and victimhood could come crashing down.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Why in the world would gay men walk into a bar that they know is anti-gay?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM

38,617 posts, read 26,274,638 times
Quote:
An industry association is a union, look up the definition of union. Not one person is forced to work at a company, you choose to work at a certain company.

Man, righties really need dictionaries.

Gotta love liberal compassion!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,305,017 times
Quote:
Why in the world would someone who despises unions work for a company that hires unions?
Because they have to eat. Have you seen the unemployment figures lately? Should someone that wants to feed his family be forced to feed a union boss' family too? Or fund political causes they don't support? And companies don’t hire unions. They hire people.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,703,593 times
Quote:
How often do you hear righties whine about any industry association? None. I guess unions are good for the wealthy but bad for your average man.
i have no problem when PRIVATE employees want to form a union, further i have no issue if people want to join said union. what i object to is people being forced to join a union just because they want a job. i also object to public sector unions, public sector employees are already covered under civil service laws.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,265,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have no problem when PRIVATE employees want to form a union, further i have no issue if people want to join said union. what i object to is people being forced to join a union just because they want a job. i also object to public sector unions, public sector employees are already covered under civil service laws.
So you're against teachers unions and firefighter unions and cops unions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies