Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:31 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I do not want either of my children involved with blacks or hispanics.

Now, an African or Spaniard would be fine, but the American black and hispanic carry way too much baggage.

I would not want to have to share grandchildren with any kind dirtball....white, black or hispanic.
Your children have my sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
People like you make it extremely hard to see others as individuals at times. I know that not all white people are hateful, racists with a sense of entitlement that runs deep and as far back as the founding of this country, and I try not to let anyone else take me out of character but when I see these types of posts, well...I must remind myself that I can't let another person's inability to see people as indivudals rub off on me and change who my parents raised me to be. I don't carry nearly as much baggage as you do. Your baggage is busting out in this post and most of your posts for that matter. Must be a heavy load to carry.
The load is light.

I feel no guilt.

I know many interracial couples with half breed kids who worry to death whenever their children stay with the lower class grandparents, whether the lower class be black, white or hispanic.

I will not be in that situation.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Your children have my sympathy.
They do not need your sympathy.

My "children" are 21 and 26.

They have no intention of getting involved with dirtballs.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Most white parents prefer white in-laws. However, only some of them force it.

Interracial couples do have more difficulties to deal with, and those who choose this way should be prepared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I agree with your post. That is why I agree with the older lady in the video.
I'm in an interracial relationship and quite frankly, I only have difficulties when I placate attitudes that are dying out quickly.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,449 times
I agree with Donna-501.

I think people who make a big deal about interracial couples are ignorant and backwards. They might be nice people, but backwards and nice. It's about what kind of person you're with, not about the skin color. Whatever problems people have with an ignorant society, dating is THEIR choice to make. With as many white people who are getting divorced from white people and black people who are getting divorced from black people in this jacked up society, I say give folks the best shot they've got at making it work, and if they believe THE ONE happens to be somebody of another race, then go for it.

People who don't want their children with somebody of another race even if that person is an upstanding, bright, responsible, trustworthy person, and who has the personal traits of somebody who would make a good spouse- that parent is somebody with a bit of an idiocy problem IMO. But many in this country are bass-ackwards like that and proud of it.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
They do not need your sympathy.

My "children" are 21 and 26.

They have no intention of getting involved with dirtballs.
Why would you put people of a different race as dirtballs? I guess you don't get out much.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Why would you put people of a different race as dirtballs? I guess you don't get out much.
Dirtballs usually accumulate in the corners.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
A wise friend of mine gave me a saying that I will never forget: "your life belongs to you." He was a guy who was an engineer for IBM who died from cancer a few years ago.

Daughter should politely but firmly tell dad, you go your way, I'll go mine. In all likelihood dad will eventually come around, though it make take years. If he doesn't, eff him.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
The load is light.

I feel no guilt.

I know many interracial couples with half breed kids who worry to death whenever their children stay with the lower class grandparents, whether the lower class be black, white or hispanic.

I will not be in that situation.
Okay everyone. Let's point and laugh at the old fart here. You see, he's just emerged from his cryochamber and well, he's feeling a bit um, confused. He thinks that 2012 is actually 1912...or maybe 1952. I don't know, you'll have to ask him. It really isn't easy being a curmudgeonly old white guy...kind of like a live Archie Bunker who isn't familiar with English terms as "bi-racial" and "multiracial" and (due to his unfamiliarity with the such terms) call fellow humans "half breeds".

Good, now that we've all got that out of our system, let us go on as we were.

You see, this multiracial person really doesn't give a flip about your thoughts on the matter. I have dated whomever I wanted, when I wanted. If the parents have an issue, then that would be their loss..and I guess the guy's too, for that matter. I've achieved enough in life not to allow others to tear me down, and you can take that to the bank

Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Dirtballs come in all races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies