Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
The blame should be dispersed across the board. People made stupid decisions to buy homes they could not afford and banks made stupid decisions to give people money who had absolutely zero means to pay it back.
Greed was on both sides of this equation.

Absolutely! It's a 2 way street!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Liberals always see everyone as some sort of victim. Nothing is ever their own fault for choices made in life. Somebody had to have taken advantage of em. Then the wonderful lying politicians play to that mind set painting these pictures of the evil rich folks (who these politicians are too by the way) to get them all foaming at the mouth about their perceived victims. In reality many of these victims and politicians are just taking advantage of the liberal mindset but the liberals aren't smart enough to realize it. It does make it easier when they are spending other folks money to care for dear victims to support their mindset and make themselves feel like they are doing something. All they are really doing is making the problem worse.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Absolutely! It's a 2 way street!
Your dam Browns didn't give Romeo a very welcome homecoming!!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals always see everyone as some sort of victim. Nothing is ever their own fault for choices made in life. Somebody had to have taken advantage of em. Then the wonderful lying politicians play to that mind set painting these pictures of the evil rich folks (who these politicians are too by the way) to get them all foaming at the mouth about their perceived victims. In reality many of these victims and politicians are just taking advantage of the liberal mindset but the liberals aren't smart enough to realize it. It does make it easier when they are spending other folks money to care for dear victims to support their mindset and make themselves feel like they are doing something. All they are really doing is making the problem worse.
Me personally, I try to take everything case by case, and not generalize and label a whole group. Greed is on both sides IMO. Somehow we have to get back on track. Unfortunately, I don't have all of the answers. I don't think anyone does, but all of this partisan BS isn't going to solve anything.

Quote:
Your dam Browns didn't give Romeo a very welcome homecoming!!!!

Why sure they did. And then they took the Chiefs out behind the woodshed! Seriously though, I've always had a soft spot for the Chiefs in that division. It goes back to their Marty days when Modell kicked him out of Cleveland. A horrible move if you ask me.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
I notice this phenomenon on the right -- the persistent portrayal of people who disagree with them as marginal figures with trivial support. You can see it above, as KUchief25 says that "liberals aren't smart enough," when the reality is that many many brilliant figures in America are liberals.

The point isn’t just that right-wingers believe in their own reality, which isn't really news any longer. The point is that they don’t believe that someone can disagree with their policy views without concluding that the other side is a complete moron.

This is very different than it used to be. The fact is that equally intelligent people can disagree. William F. Buckley, used to have a program called "Firing Line," where he would have intellectual discussions with thoughtful liberals, like Michael Kingsley, where each thought the other was wrong but respected the other debater's intelligence.

This underscores the divide in America. One side believes that we have a better America when there is a safety net for those who fall through the cracks. This America, this side believes, is better than the America where people used to starve in the streets during economic crashes.

The other side believes that what they earn is theirs and taxing them to support others is theft. This leads into their other belief, that people who may have three jobs, but just don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes, are totally worthless individuals.

Last edited by MTAtech; 12-13-2012 at 08:21 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I notice this phenomenon on the right -- the persistent portrayal of people who disagree with them as marginal figures with trivial support. You can see it above, as KUchief25 says that "liberals aren't smart enough," when the reality is that many many brilliant figures in America are liberals.

The point isn’t just that right-wingers believe in their own reality, which isn't really news any longer. The point is that they don’t believe that someone can disagree with their policy views without concluding that the other side is a complete moron.

This is very different than it used to be. The fact is that equally intelligent people can disagree. William F. Buckley, used to have a program called "Firing Line," where he would have intellectual discussions with thoughtful liberals, like Michael Kingsley, where each though the other was wrong but respected the other debater's intelligence.

This underscores the divide in America. One side believes that we have a better America when there is a safety net for those who fall through the cracks. This America is better than the America where people used to starve in the streets during economic crashes.

The other side believes that what they earn is theirs and taxing them to support others is theft.
This.

As for the OP, seeing the timestamp of your post, I see you didn't take my advice to go lie down. Don't let the hate consume you. It only lead to disastrous results.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Exactly right. You pegged it. Curiously, liberals won't even dispute this. This is the accepted and default practice within their ideology.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Nobody is worthless. Not even the stupid who I NEVER underestimate. They are the ones hell bent on dragging this country backwards.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm pretty positive that conservatives try to see the best in people as well. That is, until that person demonstrates that he or she is a lazy, good for nothing, dreg on society. If you pay attention, it doesn't take long to spot these people, and most of them are so entrenched in their habits that nothing would even come close to making them get a job and do something worthwhile with their idle hands and idle hours.

Liberals believe in perpetual empathy and sympathy at a major cost to society. Conservatives believe in a second chance, but that's where we draw the line.
Nonsense. You guys take every opportunity to rip other people that aren't as fortunate as yourself.

In any case, tell me, what benefit is it to continuously point at that these or those people are "losers?" Does it just make you feel better about yourself? See, i don't need that. I'm secure in who i am without ripping other people.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

This is very different than it used to be. The fact is that equally intelligent people can disagree. William F. Buckley, used to have a program called "Firing Line," where he would have intellectual discussions with thoughtful liberals, like Michael Kingsley, where each thought the other was wrong but respected the other debater's intelligence.

This underscores the divide in America. One side believes that we have a better America when there is a safety net for those who fall through the cracks. This America, this side believes, is better than the America where people used to starve in the streets during economic crashes.

The other side believes that what they earn is theirs and taxing them to support others is theft. This leads into their other belief, that people who may have three jobs, but just don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes, are totally worthless individuals.
Wow...you wrote all that to show that you don't comprehend the OP?

Who said anything about calling those who "work three jobs" worthless individuals? Certainly not me.

All you've done here is deflect to try to diffuse the FACT that there are millions upon millions of lazy, good for nothing losers in this nation who'd will never be convinced to get a job a pay their own way.

We are not talking about those who have fallen on hard times or "fallen through the cracks." But of course you wouldn't recogonize that. You never do. It's always deflection, deflection, deflection masked in some sort of data that you (and only you) think supports your case.

It's clear from reading your post that you have reading comprehension problems, or you're just obtuse beyond the logical definition of obtuse.

Unbelieveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
This.

As for the OP, seeing the timestamp of your post, I see you didn't take my advice to go lie down. Don't let the hate consume you. It only lead to disastrous results.
And then you come along and second his motion.

Reading comprehension problems times two! Or is it obtusity?

Embarrassing indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies