Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,786 times

Advertisements

yet the idiots out there voted him back in...Unbelievable....

News from The Associated Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Obama doesn't control the levers of the economy, neither would have Romney. Bernanke has far more influence in the economy than the President does, and Congress has the most influence

Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Obama doesn't control the levers of the economy, neither would have Romney. Bernanke has far more influence in the economy than the President does, and Congress has the most influence
I disagree...however if you are right...why is the marxist idiot making a statement like that?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I disagree...however if you are right...why is the marxist idiot making a statement like that?
I am right, not if I'm right. The White House does not control economic policy of the nation. He can only make rhetoric, The Federal Reserve, which is outside of presidential and Congressional control, makes monetary policy while Congress has the power to make fiscal policy. The presidency does not have either power besides words.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Washington, Republicans and democrats, have made promises they can't keep. They have less of an influence on jobs then either party will admit. And of course if its bad, its always the other guys fault.

That's the way politics works.

Now, can they have an overall economic effect? Look at what happened with the debt ceiling. But saying you are creating or losing jobs, not so much.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
I am right, not if I'm right. The White House does not control economic policy of the nation. He can only make rhetoric, The Federal Reserve, which is outside of presidential and Congressional control, makes monetary policy while Congress has the power to make fiscal policy. The presidency does not have either power besides words.
So...You don't think the President has an affect on the economy especially when he's constantly attacking success!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
So...You don't think the President has an affect on the economy especially when he's constantly attacking success!!!
Nope, not at all. To me it's all crocodile tears. I'd be more worried about what is coming out of Pelosi's or Reid's mouth than the president's. That's why I made all those posts about a possible Romney win, don't expect him to change anything. Why the media always focuses on the president, I have no idea, especially when the president has less power than what is popularly perceived. Of course, he can try to influence the economy via the bureaucracy (like the EPA), but Congress has the power to overturn any regulations he makes or changes. Congress just has to use that power.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
It is astonishing that some posters think that Obama's policies are working and are good for the economy. But I think the WH really does not believe their own BS since they are asking for UE beni's to be extended. Barnanke proves he does not believe it by buying up treasuries at the tune of 85 billion a month. Keep in mind that is on top of the 80 billion he is using to buy mortgage backed securities.

I give the AP credit for telling the truth about last months numbers and why the UE rate fell :

Quote:
The unemployment rate fell to a four-year low of 7.7 percent last month from 7.9 percent in October. But the decline was mostly because more people without jobs gave up looking for work.
Another point that I wonder about if the economy is getting better then why is the WH asking for 50 billion in stimulus spending ? Lets see, raise taxes on the rich and get 80 billion and spend 50 on stimulus, man this tax hike is really going to fix the debt.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Nope, not at all. To me it's all crocodile tears. I'd be more worred about what is coming out of Pelosi's or Reid's mouth than the president's.
Not even the following policies:

Obama Closes 1.6 Million Acres From Oil Shale Development

Obama Kills Atlantic Offshore Drilling For Five Years

Bankrupt the Coal Industry

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It is astonishing that some posters think that Obama's policies are working and are good for the economy. But I think the WH really does not believe their own BS since they are asking for UE beni's to be extended. Barnanke proves he does not believe it by buying up treasuries at the tune of 85 billion a month. Keep in mind that is on top of the 80 billion he is using to buy mortgage backed securities.

I give the AP credit for telling the truth about last months numbers and why the UE rate fell :

Another point that I wonder about if the economy is getting better then why is the WH asking for 50 billion in stimulus spending ? Lets see, raise taxes on the rich and get 80 billion and spend 50 on stimulus, man this tax hike is really going to fix the debt.
Yeah I know. That's why taxing the tax-free financier class is better than taxing the productive class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies