Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not yours but I have read some of them before.
From what sources?

And by that logic, you can stop giving us crap about not watching your link - considering we've all seen those types of videos & read those articles before. Based on the ones I have seen, they always say a lot about absolutely nothing!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
A subversive group---the Catholic church---that is a good one. LOL Just who is treating you like you are a different species?

Who is forcing their views on others. People have voted against gay marriage but are they listened to? No a judge goes in and undoes their vote. How is that listening to others?
The Constitution prohibits the discrimination and denial of rights to a specific group of people.

What's so hard to understand about that? We have a Bill of Rights for ALL Americans to benefit from - not just the one's that share a certain sexual orientation.

I really don't get what a religious mindset has to do with a secular law, but whatever - it's your ignorance, not mine.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Okay, I just watched the first few minutes... and pretty much from the first WORD I knew it was bogus, hateful, ill-informed, and almost hilariously wrong in so many ways. Seriously, that man should have his bar card stripped!

To paraphrase for those who can't stomach it, here's the first brilliant concept they throw out: "These people are successfully converting straight America through homosexualization (is that even a word?), and an organized plot to turn everyone gay, which has been planned since the '90s." Uh, wtf? People actually believe this nonsense??

I really don't care what else they have to say, when even the introduction was full of lies. Would you listen to what a known liar had to say on ANY topic?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Who is forcing their views on others. People have voted against gay marriage but are they listened to? No a judge goes in and undoes their vote. How is that listening to others?
Great example of someone who doesn't understand how our government works. Please take a basic American government class at your local community college.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Like an appreciation for freedom and limited government intervention.

[and that the pursuit of happiness is not limited to heterosexuals]
Why can't you understand the simple fact: most parents do NOT want their children be to gay.
If something has a 1% probability to make their children gay, they will avoid it AT ANY COST.

You guys keep saying that people are born to be gay blah blah, however, there is no way to exclude environmental effects and there is "some" probability that children can be influenced by other people. If you have children and you are straight, you will understand it. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

No, people in general will never prefer to be gay or be indifferent.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:49 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Why can't you understand the simple fact: most parents do NOT want their children be to gay.
If something has a 1% probability to make their children gay, they will avoid it AT ANY COST.

You guys keep saying that people are born to be gay blah blah, however, there is no way to exclude environmental effects and there is "some" probability that children can be influenced by other people. If you have children and you are straight, you will understand it. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

No, people in general will never prefer to be gay or be indifferent.
Ultimately, the children are who they are regardless of what the parents want. The children will rise and become independent men and the women. There is safety in freedom, sorrow in slavery.

[i am straight...and I am for freedom for all men and women]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 12-14-2012 at 01:58 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Ultimately, the children are who they are regardless of what the parents want. The children will rise and become independent men and the women. There is safety in freedom, sorrow in slavery.

[i am straight...and I am for freedom for all men and women]
Yes, children have their own lives. But parents should make sure they have no regrets.
Otherwise why do they need parents? Just to feed them?

Most people can ultimately accept who they are, even if their situation is very pathetic. But pathetic is pathetic.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
It's people like you who are forcing others to live by your views. It is you who is not listening to others.

No-one is voting to deprive you of the right to marry the person you love.
No-one is trying to force you to marry someone of the same sex.
No-one is trying to redefine your marriage.
No-one is trying to stop you from practicing your religious beliefs.
No-one is forcing you to be gay or lesbian (as if they could).

People like you selfishly vote against the marriages of OTHER people who have nothing to do with you.

This has a huge impact on gay and lesbian couples, especially those with chilldren. Yet the marriages of these people would have little or no impact on you.

If you are a clerk in the mayors office you might have to put up with a few seconds of feeling uncomfortable handing over a marriage licence to 2 women to do the job you get paid for. Big whoop. You can't expect to live in the same country as a lot of people who are different to you and not have a few moments of feeling uncomfortable every now and then.... unless you have the emotional maturity of a self-absorbed 2 year old.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-14-2012 at 02:25 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Yes, children have their own lives. But parents should make sure they have no regrets.
Otherwise why do they need parents? Just to feed them?

Most people can ultimately accept who they are, even if their situation is very pathetic. But pathetic is pathetic.
That is a choice that is neither your's or mine to make.

[the parents can only do so much and then...let go]

Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
That is a choice that is neither your's or mine to make.

[the parents can only do so much and then...let go]
Yes. Parents just do their best but do not force.

For example, we try our best to make sure our children do not get injured. However if some child loses a leg, the parents still love him and encourage him. That being said, losing a leg is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies