Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
How redefining marriage affects your religious liberty | Catholic Answers

Interesting program. Points out how this problem affects all society.
This is like asking a Nazi how Jews affect society. Its bogus and not worth printing it to wipe my arse.

If it was so bad why did Jesus not say anything about it? Jesus was more against capitalism in the church and look at the Catholics, LOL Flush with cash selling on the temple steps. Who is going to hell? The pope for sure if hell exists, but I don't beleive in hell so he will rot in a box. The few scriptures that say homosexual sex is an abomination also say that eating shrimp is the same abomination. So take your scripture and you can shove it and you know where.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
No one is trying to change the law except for people who want to force the meaning of marriage to change. How is that for forcing?
Actually, you are the one saying the meaning of marriage is going to change. As far as I'm concerned, the meaning of marriage has always been the commitment of two adults of sound mind formalizing their relationship legally. Each marriage is as unique as the two individuals involved. I don't see that changing, and since it doesn't force you to act differently, no, I don't see that you are forced to do anything. What, exactly, is it that you are forced to do personally?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, you are the one saying the meaning of marriage is going to change. As far as I'm concerned, the meaning of marriage has always been the commitment of two adults of sound mind formalizing their relationship legally. Each marriage is as unique as the two individuals involved. I don't see that changing, and since it doesn't force you to act differently, no, I don't see that you are forced to do anything. What, exactly, is it that you are forced to do personally?
Have the same document from the government that a same sex couple has?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
The murderer was 17 at the time and he had problems on top of it. Not a good thing for him for sure.
Surely you are leaping to conclusions. In fact, you don't know what impact the divorce had on him, for sure.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Surely you are leaping to conclusions. In fact, you don't know what impact the divorce had on him, for sure.
These idiots want to make the world bend to fit the bible. This is a book that talks of talking snakes, people living in fish stomachs for days, and along with the one scripture that says homosexual sex is an abomination also says that eating clams and shrimp is an abomination. LOL People like her think if everyone conforms to the bible the world will be just fine. Can you say Inquisition and crusades?

There is a reason that when the chruch ruled it was called the dark ages.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You obviously no nothing about children of same sex parents, so it would be better if you refrained from speaking on the subject.

Children need to be shown love, and loving relationships. Am I saying have sex in front of kids? NO
I am saying there is nothing wrong with holding hands, cuddling, and kissing (within reason) in front of kids. It teaches them about loving adult relationships, which they will have one day.

I have never acted differently in front of my kids, and they are all doing great, and the two adults are in stable hetero relationships. In fact I sense a wedding proposal soon.

So tell me again how I messed up my children by modeling an adult relationship.
Well...from yesterday Ive learned that you are a women. There are major psychological difference's between an example of lesbianism, and two gay men. This would change the topic and probably wind up with all kinds of explaining which then again, would invite individual circumstance and particular people, so it becomes something unique. Thousands of years in evolution cannot remain outside of these socially connected circumstance's. Women are simply not collectively dominant within the species regardless of any culture. Things may change in many many years but theres no way the female-female intimate bonding in example has the same impact, effect or suggestion as the male-male. As well and in consequence..women need assurance from the social which is represented in a relationship in a greater way. These two environment's are incomparable.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Well...from yesterday Ive learned that you are a women. There are major psychological difference's between an example of lesbianism, and two gay men. This would change the topic and probably wind up with all kinds of explaining which then again, would invite individual circumstance and particular people, so it becomes something unique. Thousands of years in evolution cannot remain outside of these socially connected circumstance's. Women are simply not collectively dominant within the species regardless of any culture. Things may change in many many years but theres no way the female-female intimate bonding in example has the same impact, effect or suggestion as the male-male. As well and in consequence..women need assurance from the social which is represented in a relationship in a greater way. These two environment's are incomparable.
Go on and admit it. You just find gay male sex icky. But lesbians are ok.

If gay male sex bugs you, don't think about it so much.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:

Well..getting to know you a little better I believe in the world of your mind, your pretty darn sure you've got me cornered. Ive been waiting a little bit to let you feel the glory of it all, being the Christmas season. Now..the only way I think that is possible for myself to help you understand that this is a mistake, is not with reason, no...that will not work will it? Your now delving into my inner mind, needs, possible ridiculousness which is subject to the subject of survival, intimacy and sex. So my only recourse with you is to provide an example. I think personal examples are a bad idea on line and a waste of time but for you, why not.

When I was 18...I thought hmmm...why not go downtown get blasted and meet some babes. I only looked about 16 and had trouble getting into the bars. Voice barely changed, blonde hair , sparkling blue ocean eyes and up to no good. Wandering around I finally got accepted into a bar. It seemed weird but who cares wheres my beer and isn't that a table over there with three women.

In no time all four of us were walking down the street toward their place, getting ice cream and having fun. When we got to their place there was pictures of naked women all over the walls. I still did not put two and two together. I behaved myself somehow because I'm really more interested in talking and on the way out...there were two of the girls on the floor wiggling around like Ive never seen before. This made me automatically feel sick, I remember hanging my head out the streetcar window at the thought of the view and swearing to never go downtown again looking at it as a mistake. So for me ...I naturally turn away from two women and think its something thats definitely none of my interest or what you may be suggesting . It is a thing of strangeness to me so both gender homosexuality is icky but will agree the male thing is totally disgusting in my thinking..Prob because I'm male and no matter what, everything we are subjected to is a suggestion, its just how things are in experience.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Then why aren't you and other christians doing something about fighting divorce. I know many straight people who got married, got divorce and got married again in the church. Talk about hypocrites.
If you are catholic, and write a big enough check to the local church, they'll grant you an anullment, which will let you marry again in the church.

Follow the money.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Ever notice that the most outspoken people on gay sex seem to be the ones who think about it day and night? Makes you go Hmmmmm, is there something your not telling us? LOL I have no problem with two people of the same sex doing what ever it is they do. I admit it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable when I see two men kissing but its my thing I have to get by. I was raised in a religious enviorment that condemnd this kind of thing and I have to work past it. Its not my place to tell others how to live their life. I would rahter live next to ten gay couples than one bible beater. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies