Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Explain how outside factors like the media affect sexual orientation, please.
I'm not the expert, just the messenger. Why don't you ask the expert?

Go to www.catholic.com or to the link I posted and see if you can ask questions.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM

753 posts, read 728,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
Last time I checked gay marriage didn't legalize public sex.
They're obsessed with the spectable of sex.

The rest of us simply want gays to share the benefits of marriage. People like Oleg fixate endlessly on the sexual acts they imagine gays having.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is debatable with what is going on in the world now. You think all is peace and calm? Really?
We're living in some of the most peaceful times in world history - certainly in modern world history.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
I don't think so. There are a ton of closeted gay men who are married and have kids. Even though society sees them as heterosexual men, they are still gay.
No, they are first men and no one is identified as a sexual attraction. I don't say I am straight as soon as I think of myself. Yes, gay men are married but that doesn't mean they need to act out on it. If they want to be married to a woman and have children that is their choice, of course they will need help in dealing with their feelings but they certainly can.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And Iran has put 4000 people to death in the last 30 years for being homosexual. For what ever reason the Islamist are ignored and Christianity is attacked in many of these threads? considering there are plenty of Gay Christian preachers and pastors Ive always wondered about this generic attack on the Christians.
No one's attacking Christians for being anti-gay - unless said Christians are anti-gay. If you don't want to be attacked for being anti-gay, then don't express anti-gay opinions. Otherwise, accept that free speech works both ways.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
How redefining marriage affects your religious liberty | Catholic Answers

Interesting program. Points out how this problem affects all society.
Another anti-gay post using a Catholic blog as your source?

It has NO effect on you whatsoever if two guys or gals decide that they love each other very much and wish to make a permanent commitment to each other.

Bishop Gene Robinson said it best: God believes in love.
You talk about Jesus, but if anyone was gay it would be Jesus.

I quote the Bishop: “Here’s a guy who, in a culture that virtually demanded marriage, was a single guy, spent most of his time with twelve men, singled out three of them for leadership and one of them is known in the Bible as ‘the one whom Jesus loved.’ Now I’m not saying Jesus was gay, but let’s be careful to rope this guy in for a husband, wife and 2.2 children model for family. He knew about families of choice and so do LGBT people."

How come the model for family values did not come from a traditional family and never once set out to have one of his own?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:05 PM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one's attacking Christians for being anti-gay - unless said Christians are anti-gay. If you don't want to be attacked for being anti-gay, then don't express anti-gay opinions. Otherwise, accept that free speech works both ways.
Are you kidding, There are blanket attacks on Christians with the assumption that they are all homophobes on almost anyone of these SSM threads. I'm not even Christian and I see it.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Speaking of ignorance, I just listened to the priest in your link. He claims there is no evidence for biological causes for homosexuality and pushes the long discredited nonsense about a 'distant father' rubbish.

Hilarious.

Why do you choose to remain ignorant by ignoring all the evidence and listening to non-scientific religious propaganda like this?
So you have the proof of the gay gene do you? Post the link then.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Are you kidding, There are blanket attacks on Christians with the assumption that they are all homophobes on almost anyone of these SSM threads. I'm not even Christian and I see it.
Thank you very much. No blinders on your eyes for sure. Calling a person a homophobe shuts them down and that is the game they play just like the race card game.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Many laws are being implemented toward gay marriage even to the point there will be no terms as husband and wife---how is that for not affecting you or your marriage?
Big whoopdie frigging do. Talk about benign. Let these people marry and be happy. It harms no one, despite desperate propaganda claiming otherwise. It will be legal everywhere soon. Accept it and live your life while letting others live theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies