Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

I called him a terrorist earlier in another thread and was told where I could go by the deranged left handed lunatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM

589 posts, read 850,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Blaming guns for violence is like blaming pencils for misspelled words.

You do realize that violence was pretty well represented in history for thousands of years before the firearm was invented, right?

Oh wait .. nevermind ... you might have to think .. and we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

GuyNTexas,

You forget that the murder rate in ALL Western and First World Countries that have gun control laws, is a tiny fraction of what it is in the USA. (or as you like to call it, Merica)

USA, 4.2 per 100,000 people
England, 1.2
France, 1.1
Germany, .8
Australia, 1.0
Canada, 1.6
Sweden, 1.0
Norway, .6
Finland, 2.2
Denmark, .9
Italy, .9
Ireland, 1.2
Japan, .3

This foolish argument that if it wasn't guns, it would be a knife, or a club, or something else, just is not supported by any facts.

Guns are the reason that someone can kill 27 people, before he's stopped or shoots himself. Guns are the reason that a middle aged white redneck shoots a black teen kid over how loud his music is. Guns are the reason that hundreds of children accidently kill or maim themselves each year. Guns are the reason that hundreds or thousands of people are killed or maimed in driveby shootings, or crossfires.

The South (Texas included) has NEVER done the right thing until it was forced to. (slavery, civil rights, Jim Crow, voter registration, etc)

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-15-2012 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Or is he going to be let-off as mentally unstable, just like the Colorado shooter?

Black criminals are menaces to society. Foreign criminals are terrorists. White criminals... mentally unstable.
Yeah, it's ridiculous how everytime this happens the white criminal is just mentally unstable...

Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
If any 'Patriots' are interested in building their own firearm after your store-bought one is taken ..

It will be interesting to know how the Libs will take away our rights to purchase the basic items needed to accomplish that!?

(And I don't need a 3-D printer to do it)

Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I agree this crisis is 100% man-made

I'm pro-gun, my feelings are and probably 90% of gun owners would agree with me, that the primary reason to have a gun is for self defense.
My opinion is guns should stay on your home property.It should stay away from your children.
It should not leave your property unless you are a victim, or you really feel unsafe and have a realistic reason.

Having a automatic (almost military -grade)gun is unnecessary.
Bingo. No one on this thread has articulated why folks need military grade, automatic weapons beyond, "the 2nd amendment". Being against automatic killing machines does not mean one is against guns. I wish conservatives could engage in an honest debate and offer some real solutions instead of tarring everyone who sees things differently as a liberal who is coming after their guns.

We know people kill not guns but people who use automatic guns can kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. I've had enough of these stories and I want something to be done about it. If Obama can do something more power to him.

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I called him a terrorist earlier in another thread and was told where I could go by the deranged left handed lunatics.
kEYWORDS....I don't put much faith in what they say. They always act tough on the forum. They don't say a peep IRL.

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
I think one reason this is actually more common in suburban types is because mental problems are more likely going to covered up with drugs.

If a black child misbehaves in class and won't sit still he's off the hook, teachers wouldn't expect a black child to sit still for hours on end and tolerate much boredom. If a white suburban kind of kid can't sit still, he's going to be drugged. His parents can't accept a less than perfect child so when a teacher complains, off the kid goes to a psychiatrist and a whole plethora of mind-altering drugs.

These drugs can alter brain chemistry but they can also cover up symptoms and be used on mis-diagnoses.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
This is so terrible and scary I think I will go get a nice Chi-Com SK rifle as a special xmas present to myself...and maybe 4 or 5 hundred rounds of ammo to go with it real nice. I saw several almost new ones at the pawn shop ...cheap too

Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Ryan's not a suspect and has been released according to CNN.com.

Anyway, I fully support the sarcastic response I am quoting above.

BTW living in the US is scary. I am actually a little scared tonight. It is because there are so many guns...but there are too many for gun control to be effective. It is also not smart for the military and the police to be the only people w/ firearms.
I have yet to encounter a single American who believes only the police and the military should have firearms. That particular strawman is advanced by the NRA because they know their imbecilic sheep will swallow it.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Yeah, that people could blame this game, which is very tame, for being a contributing factor, shows how ignorant people are.
Clearly, we need to get the American public more well-versed in video games. Let's face it, ignorance of video games is a huge problem in this country.

On a somewhat related note, have I mentioned before how much I respect guys in that 30 and above age category who still play video games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies