Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

You freaks who think adding more evil to the evil gets rid of evil are just plain nuts..Do you want to live in a world where every one fears for their life every waking hour of every day? Do you want a world where a teacher of knowledge and wisdom is carrying a pistol ...Doesn't that concept defeat the whole idea of education? Lunatics....Yah...just add more guns to the mix? Like one writer who says they should bring back public executions...Great- add evil to evil and expect to get rid of evil? Where the hell are your minds...or have you excepted hell as a place to live?_ I have not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
First issue...it was on Twitter.

Second issue... celebrities.

I don't think there is a celebrity or Twitter user (would that be a Twit?) with an IQ over 70...so why should I get worked up over anything they say.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
27 dead. Well done gun advocates. Well done.
The gun didn't walk itself there and do this. Well done lazy parents and apologists of mental illness.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Don't forget, prison guards are armed but in strategic locations on the prison grounds. How about posting armed guards at school perimeters where you enter the buildings?
Now that's getting us somewhere.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
Your ideas =\= Federal Laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You keep thinking that. Americans and about sick of white, elderly, low IQ, right wing loser men who get ego boosts out of owning guns. The public is getting sick of them as they are getting sick of the GOP.
Why are you focusing on White people?

589 posts, read 850,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
No. We live in a free society, and we have to accept the fact that free societies are much less safe than police states. It's very sad when tragedies such as the one today occur, but that doesn't mean we hand in our human rights and ask father government to protect us from ourselves. Our sacrifice for freedom didn't stop when we won the battle at Yorktown. All of us have to be brave enough to go out into the world everyday and realize that we continue to pay the price for freedom. We can stand up, like men, and bravely go about our business, or we can succumb to fear and selfishness and trade in our liberty for a little more safety. In the year 1759, 17 years before our nation was even founded, Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

MY right to liberty (not to be shot) is FAR paramount to your petulant 'right' to play with your guns.

So say me and a majority of Americans. (and growing by the day)

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bingo. No one on this thread has articulated why folks need military grade, automatic weapons beyond, "the 2nd amendment". Being against automatic killing machines does not mean one is against guns. I wish conservatives could engage in an honest debate and offer some real solutions instead of tarring everyone who sees things differently as a liberal who is coming after their guns.

We know people kill not guns but people who use automatic guns can kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. I've had enough of these stories and I want something to be done about it. If Obama can do something more power to him.
The reason that the 2nd Amendment keeps coming up ist because the 2nd Amendment as it was intended to function means any weapon you can buy you can legally own. If you want to limit the right to bear arms, you'd either need to repeal the 2nd or add a new Amendment specifying allowable limitations to the right to bear arms. I think there should be greater discretion allowed by states to regulate guns and other weapons as they see fit. Unfortunately, the US Constitution makes that impossible. The point is not me saying, "You can take my guns from my cold dead hands." The point is that you're never going to succeed in disarming America. I'm simply pointing out the fact that you face an impossible uphill battle to do it.

The point: Since you're not going to disarm America, focus on other solutions. Accept the things you cannot change. Change the things that you can. Be wise enough to know the difference. It's not rocket science.

And as has already been pointed out, there was no fully automatic weapon used in this case.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 12-15-2012 at 12:41 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
For CHRIST'S SAKE.....20 angels and some adults were slain and people see it as an opportunity to play some stupid race card...."white" - black? Good lord spare me from the idiots...shame on you.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I stopped watching television and movies a long time ago over idiot so called "celebrities" putting their 2 cents in, as if their opinion was somehow more relevent than anyone elses.. They are attention whores who by and large are some of the most ignorant, undereducated, immoral people in the world. Yet we are supposed to give two hoots what they think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies