Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Owning firerams is more than a right..IT is A PRIVILEGE. This lady had a mentally disturbed, dirtbag pos son at home. Owning firearms is a great responsibility. Her irresponsibility led to the death of 20 children and 7 adults. As a strong supporter of conservationism and the 2nd Amendment, and realizing it's place in the formation of this nation, we cannot afford to have this go away. If one of your family members steals a firearm from you and uses it to maim others, you are subject to the same prosecutions and sentences that they are. No ifs ands or buts. It's time for people to take responsibility for their own. There are measures this woman could have taken to make sure that her little brat didnt get his hands on her firearms..it's not hard to do. She failed miserably. Every firearm owner in this land must set the highest standards for themselves, and if not they must suffer the consequences. We have this wonderful privilege, let's not give the knee jerkers any excuse to take away what the framers gave to us.
Get real. Most avid gun owners pride themselves on teaching their kids at a young age about gun safety. They think their sons and daughters are different and would never abuse the privilege. Kids brought up in a house with gun collections know where the keys are kept for gun safes or they could find them without much trouble. If the NRA's mantra is correct and 'guns don't kill people, people do' then how can you possibly blame this woman, denying that this mother was a victim, too? As of yet we don't know enough about the son or their relationship to make judgment calls like that. She could have been trying to stop him for all we know. She could have taken other steps to try to get him help but at 20 there isn't anyone can do to force that on someone who doesn't want it. All your post is about is to try to shift the blame off the shooter in an effort to shift the conversation off from people calling for more gun control laws. Same song about "enforce the laws already on the books" only sung with a different tune. Not working, Johnny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'll bet that story made somebody get their jollies off.

way too busy will?

Yup, that's right, blame Obama for a massacre.
Where in his post did he make the connection to Obama and the shooting?

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Owning firerams is more than a right..IT is A PRIVILEGE. This lady had a mentally disturbed, dirtbag pos son at home. Owning firearms is a great responsibility. Her irresponsibility led to the death of 20 children and 7 adults. As a strong supporter of conservationism and the 2nd Amendment, and realizing it's place in the formation of this nation, we cannot afford to have this go away. If one of your family members steals a firearm from you and uses it to maim others, you are subject to the same prosecutions and sentences that they are. No ifs ands or buts. It's time for people to take responsibility for their own. There are measures this woman could have taken to make sure that her little brat didnt get his hands on her firearms..it's not hard to do. She failed miserably. Every firearm owner in this land must set the highest standards for themselves, and if not they must suffer the consequences. We have this wonderful privilege, let's not give the knee jerkers any excuse to take away what the framers gave to us.
Bit of a rush to judgement as we dont know the circumstances involved in him acquiring his Moms guns,She may have been a very responsible gun owner,or the guns may have belonged to a departed husband and the woman knew nothing about the guns,or the son may have had a kitchen knife to her throat demanding the keys to the gun safe. we dont even know if he was mentally challenged or if so by how much.. to many unknowns at this point to hang it all on the Mom..

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
All facts and stats show that I have a much much greater chance of being accidently shot, or accidently shooting someone else, then I do owning a gun and actually using it to prevent a crime.

You gun whores always do a great job of trumpeting the rare case when a gun is actually used for good by common citizens. Unfortunatley, you don't do nearly as good a job of pointing out the dozens of people that were accidently shot because a gun just happened to be handy.

So, if you insist on being paranoid, you need to be scared of other gun owners, not the Federal Government.
You either post the reference supporting this claim, or consider yourself exposed as being deliberately dishonest.

Every law enforcement statistic refutes your claims here. In fact, armed private citizens prevent 2 1/2 times the number of crimes that police prevent, and according to the statistics, guns owned by private citizens prevent 2 1/2 times the number of crimes committed by criminals with guns ... a 7-2 ratio.

Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby - Forbes

Excerpt:

As much as gun control advocates might wish otherwise, their attacks are running out of ammo. With private firearm ownership at an all-time high and violent crime rates plunging, none of the scary scenarios they advanced have materialized. Abuse of responsibility by armed citizens is rare, while successful defensive interventions against assaults on their lives and property are relatively commonplace.

and

Newsweek has reported that law-abiding American citizens using guns in self-defense during 2003 shot and killed two and one-half times as many criminals as police did, and with fewer than one-fifth as many incidents as police where an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

The truth is, data shows that not only do private gun owners successfully kill 2 1/2 times as many criminals as police .. but police also make 5 times as many mistakes in which an innocent person is killed by police in error.

Of course, you won't allow facts to deter you from lying and claiming the opposite, now will you?

Educate yourself, and quite spreading this fraudulent anti-gun propaganda. All of the statistics show that private gun ownership in this country is the best defense against crime that we have. And without the armed private citizen, left only to Police, crime rates would skyrocket into the stratosphere:

Interview with John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime

TEN MYTHS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales | The Daily Caller

Do you think that school shootings can't be stopped by armed students? Think again. The media doesn't like to report these things, and so, the sheep remain IGNORANT OF THE FACTS:

Media Ignore Fact That Gun Owners Stopped School Shooter

Excerpt:

Two of the three Virginia law students who overpowered a gunman in a fatal school shooting were armed and used their weapons to disarm the shooter. Yet of the 280 stories written about the shooting, a mere four mentioned the fact that the heroic students were armed and used their guns to halt the rampage.

I could go on for pages and pages, showing statistical facts collected by Law Enforcement, thoroughly refutes your anti-gun propaganda ... but we all know how liberals love to lie almost as much as they love being lied to.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What? Are you kidding? That's not how things work in America. We are individuals, responsible for our own actions.
Not in "Obama's America". No one is responsible for their own actions...everything is someone else's fault.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It seems to me that the main problem with the Sandy Hook shootings and the other school shootings were people with mental health problems getting out of control. With the Sandy Hook incident, I feel that the shooter was jealous of the love and attention his mother (a teacher) was giving to her students and not to him. So he shot his mother and her students. This tragic shooting was a domestic violence incident that carried over to his mother's workplace.
The mother's name was not on the staff list. She didn't work there nor was a substitute.
He attended that school. That's about it.

Your theory is shot down.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'll bet that story made somebody get their jollies off.

way too busy will?

Yup, that's right, blame Obama for a massacre.
I blame Obama and Holder for politicizing this with their first public response to this tragedy. They took advantage of this horrific crime to push their anti-gun agenda.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Yeah, and when I did it was an accident on my behalf and I apologized... What of it?
I'm guessing some are having a difficult time keep up with who posted what. That is all.
Like I said in another post, I'm thinking some gun advocates on the forum are on the pop ever since yesterday, and now at least one has brought the President into the fold. Nothing like going overboard huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I blame Obama and Holder for politicizing this with their first public response to this tragedy. They took advantage of this horrific crime to push their anti-gun agenda.
I don't think so donny.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
This reminds me of the bum that points at the cat crap in the corner and makes a big deal of it...instead of cleaning it up.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
The media needs to get the **** out of town and let those poor people deal with this tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies