Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

I wasn't talking about the students, I was talking about the staff. And if you seriously thought I meant that, I don't even know how to respond.
Maybe if all teachers carried semi-automatic rifles on their person and were highly trained to employ them, this tragedy would not have happened.

Sounds like a giant step to third world status, to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 07:50 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It sure would be nice sometimes to still be able to give negative rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The people killed there were six years old?

And, no, it would not matter to you if he did.

If he did, he'd be grandstanding and shedding 'crocodile tears'.

i..d..i..o..t
It's still people that are killed - whether they are young adults or young kids. They all have families, friends, and communities that they were a part of.

I don't want to see neither - but I would like to see some consistency from our leader.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most kids are taught at an early age how to respect, handle and control guns. These kids grow up hunting, fishing and these are never the ones that have the problems. They even have family days at gun ranges which are very popular.

A kid who grows up and is trained in firearms is not the problem. Most of these kids have raised on computers in their parents basement and Death to them is a fantasy. If they were raised to hunt and handle weapons they would understand the power of that firearm.

You can't blame a man for not knowing how to use a hammer unless he's shown properly in his youth.

These kids are out of touch with reality.
It's clear that Adam understood the power of firearms. He'd shot and killed his mother before going to the school. Do you suppose he thought the guns would just tickle and the kids would get back up after being shot?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's still people that are killed - whether they are young adults or young kids. They all have families, friends, and communities that they were a part of.

I don't want to see neither - but I would like to see some consistency from our leader.

One behaves according to the situation; of course the attitude and tenor of Fort Hood was very different. In this case we're talking about dead children and teachers, not people who entered a possibly dangerous job knowingly. These children were so vulnerable, so innocent; it's a different situation on many different levels.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

What leader??

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Maybe if all teachers carried semi-automatic rifles on their person and were highly trained to employ them, this tragedy would not have happened.

Sounds like a giant step to third world status, to me.
Actually, sounds like a giant step to sanity.

You suppose the school had a sprinkler system? Think maybe they built it out of fire retardant materials? Had fire alarms, and held regular fire drills? Have fire extinguishers available?

You know how many people have died in school fires in the past 50 years?

None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

The best defense when being shot at is to retreat to a place that the shooter can't shoot you if they tried. The second best defense is to shoot back.

There is a reason none of these whackjob's who shoot up schools have never tried it on a police precinct.

But, no, you'd rather leave them defenseless. Very kind of you.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What leader??
Oh come on. Regardless of what you think of Obama politically, he gave a moving, strong speech.
There are times you know, that simply unite folks, regardless of politics. Tonight is one of them.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
One behaves according to the situation; of course the attitude and tenor of Fort Hood was very different. In this case we're talking about dead children and teachers, not people who entered a possibly dangerous job knowingly. These children were so vulnerable, so innocent; it's a different situation on many different levels.
I think we all feel different when children are killed, however the people at fort hood were on a base where they were not supposed to be vulnerable and were unarmed. There is no difference between them and the teachers.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Oh come on. Regardless of what you think of Obama politically, he gave a moving, strong speech.
There are times you know, that simply unite folks, regardless of politics. Tonight is one of them.
How many tears did he shed over those killed thanks to fast and furious... His moving strong speech.. In a pigs eye..

Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Actually, sounds like a giant step to sanity.

You suppose the school had a sprinkler system? Think maybe they built it out of fire retardant materials? Had fire alarms, and held regular fire drills? Have fire extinguishers available?

You know how many people have died in school fires in the past 50 years?

None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

The best defense when being shot at is to retreat to a place that the shooter can't shoot you if they tried. The second best defense is to shoot back.

There is a reason none of these whackjob's who shoot up schools have never tried it on a police precinct.

But, no, you'd rather leave them defenseless. Very kind of you.

So you are advocating putting weapons in elementary schools for teachers just in case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies