Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM

102 posts, read 166,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
1) the firefighters are supposed to wait for the police
2) name one incident where two people shot each other over a parking space. Cite or it didn't happen ...
Try this
Donald Pettit Killed In Road Rage Incident - YouTube

Or this
Road-Rage Slay - New York Post - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Oh... one incident so let ban all cars!!!

That will solve the road rage problem.

Yet... I said show a shooting involving a parking spot.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, well right now there are two states dealing with fires that were used to set firefighters up to get shot while trying to put out the fires and those fires are spreading from house to house. How can you deny that these events serve as a prime example of why posting guards at schools is NOT the answer to gun violence? What are you going to do, start calling for armed guards on fire trucks, then garage trucks, then on every street corner until the whole damn nation is armed and can't feel safe from getting caught in a cross-fire when two hot head people fight over a parking space at the mall or drive with road rage?
Before you start raging about gun control et al you need to also mention that the perp was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm hence a criminal. How did he get the weapon? THAT'S the thing that has to be stopped wouldn't you say? Enforcement of EXISTING laws?

Old 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
So has anyone heard any more about what might have motivated Lanza to plan out an attack on little kids? I can sort of understand shooting his mother - that's happened occasionally down through history. But to focus on kids, and not just shoot as many as possible but to shoot them multiple times ...... I just can't wrap my head around that one. At least Breivik in Norway had some kind of political motive, and the Columbine guys had been bullied. But Lanza had never been bullied by little kids presumably, and he wasn't stark raving mad like Loughner. He just had some relatively minor diagnosis, what is sometimes called "nerd syndrome" - Aspergers are sort of like super nerds. And while they can have fits of anger sometimes, Lanza didn't snap in that way - he planned it out, bought magazines and filled them, etc.

I'm really disturbed at the way the police keep everything ultrasecret for so long ....... sometimes they do that because they want to go after someone else and not alert him, but there supposedly isn't anyone else involved in this.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Before you start raging about gun control et al you need to also mention that the perp was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm hence a criminal. How did he get the weapon? THAT'S the thing that has to be stopped wouldn't you say? Enforcement of EXISTING laws?
People can become criminals pretty easily when armed. There are very few criminals without weapons.

Also please remember that most who want "gun reform" are NOT categorically calling for an end to guns. That fear is a knee-jerk response to spread more fear. There are guns, and there are assault weapons. Assault implies and enhances the chance of acts of aggression. The simple pistol stands as a symbol and method of self-defense. Assault weapons in relation to "government oppression" could possibly only be effective en masse, as in uprisings, and the chances of winning at that are sad.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I was always told during the self defense and weapons training, that the most potent instrument I had available to to me, was my brain. I suspect those that feel the need for more potent fire power, do so due to feelings of inadequate functioning of their most valuable asset.
Congratulations. Yours is the funniest post in this thread. Intentional or not, I can't say.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
People can become criminals pretty easily when armed. There are very few criminals without weapons.

Also please remember that most who want "gun reform" are NOT categorically calling for an end to guns. That fear is a knee-jerk response to spread more fear. There are guns, and there are assault weapons. Assault implies and enhances the chance of acts of aggression. The simple pistol stands as a symbol and method of self-defense. Assault weapons in relation to "government oppression" could possibly only be effective en masse, as in uprisings, and the chances of winning at that are sad.
I appreciate what you say, I think you missed my point. The person was a criminal before he picked up the gun so he wasn't supposed to have it to begin with aka he was banned from having it.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Sorry but the prisons are full of rapist, thieves, child molesters and very bad people who never needed a weapon to do criminal acts.

Maybe I misunderstood your point.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Congratulations. Yours is the funniest post in this thread. Intentional or not, I can't say.
Bullet enters brain...brain loses.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Bullet enters brain...brain loses.
Not always! Just ask Gabby Gifford's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies