Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,149,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The immediate defense of these gun wackaloons shows that your average gun fetishist doesn't even want to have an honest discussion about gun control. Shameful.

thats because no liberal ever wants to discuss what the 2nd Amendment actually means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM

14,893 posts, read 8,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
I've been waiting for this and it sure is a coincidence these tragedies always seem to happen when the good guys (gun owners) are on the verge of victory... Ill-Annoy's recent court ruling on the right to carry???

Or they will happen right before the anti freedom people are pushing gun control...
Although the details of this shooting are minimal at this point ... what I have read so far fits a pattern of "unusual events leading up to" ... which of course could all be purely coincidental, but these types of senseless killings need to be scrutinized in fine detail, and there are details that deserve looking at closely

1) The principle spearheaded the installation of this new "lock down" security system at the school, just installed. Now if this was an inner city school fighting a lot of gang violence, then that wouldn't really be noteworthy ... but this sleepy little community in Connecticut not known for violence ... and all of the letters sent out to parents regarding this high security system that controls entry into the school after 9:30 ... it might not be extraordinary .. but is peculiar.

2) the shooter allegedly shot his mother (a substitute teacher at the school), then went to the school in the "customary" black fatigues with military style vest and several weapons. The very strange part here is that these weapons are allegedly his mother's guns? His mother's? An AR15? Mom ... the kindergarten teacher has a fetish for firearms ... glocks and AR15's ? How many damned female kindergarten teachers own Bushmaster AR15's and Glocks? This just smells funny to me. Really funny smelling. Of course, she's dead, so she can't exactly say "what the heck are you talking about? I don't even know what an AR15 is .. what is it? A pistol?". Nope ... she can't talk.

3) the scenario is odd ... the shooter shoots his mother, then goes to the school and shoots the Principle and the School Psychologist ? Then kills 20 little children? Who was he angry at? This doesn't fit even a twisted motive ... the children just don't fit, unless someone wants to inflict massive psychological trauma on the community, and so far this kid seems to have no issues with the law and no criminal record.

4) Sorry to sound gruesome, but this is another one of those extraordinarily high kill rate shootings ... it's not easy to kill 28 people in just a short few minutes ... some people think you just point and shoot .. but unless you're a trained tactical combat shooter, it's just not as simple as point and shoot.

Something about this just doesn't add up.

10,018 posts, read 9,451,326 times
No words can describe the pain and sadness I feel over this tragedy.

1,251 posts, read 2,504,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
As an aside .. Mexico has VERY strict gun laws!
You can only purchase a gun FROM the government!
(Or from Eric Holder)

How's that working out?
How's that working out For Mexicans? Don't care. I was trying to stay on topic.

How about you?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,451,326 times
I hope the scumbag shooter burns in fuc**** hell by an eternal flame forever.

5,864 posts, read 4,959,673 times
I think part of it has to do with the stigma of mental illness in American society. There's a lot of pressure to not be "weak" and I think cases of mental illness go under treated, ignored, not reported, or misdiagnosed. America is also a, relatively speaking, high stress country. We're all about "go go go" 24 hours a day. There's a lot of pressure and stress put on young Americans to conform and keep up with the latest and greatest. Also, American society is enamored with guns and the MIC/war machine is glorified 24/7. Everywhere you go you are bombarded with propaganda from the war machine. Put all of that together and you have a recipe for an unstable society.

13,887 posts, read 13,620,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
If the Constitution was an infallible document, we wouldn't have amendments. May the victims rest in peace, and let's pray for changes QUICK.
Yeah, let's pray that parents can go back to discipline instead of shoving sugar and Ritalin down the throats of their kids. Let's go back to functional families where there are 2 parents. And while we're at it, let's ban violent rap music and video games. And let's ban fools like Jamie Foxx joking that he's gonna kill all the white people.

Sounds like a good start to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
2) the shooter allegedly shot his mother (a substitute teacher at the school), then went to the school in the "customary" black fatigues with military style vest and several weapons. The very strange part here is that these weapons are allegedly his mother's guns? His mother's? An AR15? Mom ... the kindergarten teacher has a fetish for firearms ... glocks and AR15's ? How many damned female kindergarten teachers own Bushmaster AR15's and Glocks? This just smells funny to me. Really funny smelling. Of course, she's dead, so she can't exactly say "what the heck are you talking about? I don't even know what an AR15 is .. what is it? A pistol?". Nope ... she can't talk.
That's some serious firepower for a substitute teacher in Small Town USA. What was she afraid of? Her own kid, is my guess.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,149,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
Here's a little scenario I just came up with:

On Dec. 21 2012, 10 million Mexicans (née Mayans) are planning to simultaneously bum rush the border, creating a giant dust cloud that will block out the sun. This will cause a nationwide panic and in turn Obama will seize the opportunity to declare martial law and come and confiscate everyone's guns.

I believe that if I could successfully spread this little theory around the internet, there would be a not-so-insignificant amount of Americans that would buy it hook, line, and sinker.

And that's why we have more nutbars per capita than any other civilized country.

A lot of people live their lives in constant fear of government, minorities, and natural disasters - oh my! Paranoia is a longstanding American tradition.

our founding fathers would have had to be paranoid to stand up to the british goverment and fight them. i am glad we had paranoid founding fathers, arent you?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,750,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how will you inact that little law? how will you force gun owners to turn their guns into the feds?

i will wait for an answer.
Don't hold your breath.

These big-govt fanatics never worry about the actual results of the laws they demand.

They seem to regard government the way savages regard idols. It can do anything, provide anything, accomplish anything, merely by passing a law.

Bloomberg is just as silly, as I pointed out in an earlier post in this thread.

Sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Why do these naive big-govt fanatics always believe that passing a law will solve these problems?

Mr. Bloomberg, THERE WAS ALREADY A LAW against shooting 20 kindergartners in a classroom. That was already illegal, OK?

THE LAW DIDN'T STOP THIS GUY.

Why do you think passing another law, will?

Gawd, we have to point this out time and again to these idiots. And then the next time it happens, they start right in again, announcing we have to pass another law to fix it.

Sigh....

Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,491,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
thats because no liberal ever wants to discuss what the 2nd Amendment actually means.
We know what it means...Once upon a time white male land owners were the only people allowed to vote..After lots of discussion (and other things) we decided on a better course. Amendments can be amended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies