Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 PM

527 posts, read 919,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first start forcing people to take personal responsibility for the things they say and do. it used to be that a mans word was his bond, now we need 2000 page contracts that spell everything out in detail.

second, stop coddling criminals. if they commit a crime and the punishment is five years, then they do five years, not 2 and out on good behavior. if we have problems with prison overcrowding, the build more prisons and use convict labor to save money.

third, make it harder to use an insanity defense, especially the temporary insanity defense. and if someone is deemed insane by a jury, then they should be guilty but insane. that way if they escape from the mental institution, they can be hauled back and tossed into jail. it also allows that these criminals can be kept locked up until they are judge sane again.

fourth, lets put god back into society. while there were issues in the past, they did not happen as often as they do today.

fifth, lets put a reverence for human life back into the picture again. lets stop making abortions so easy to get for instance. lets stop making excuses for people who display their anger all the time. lets stop making everything bad for you, and understand that things really can be your fault. we need to eliminate the victim mentality that has built up over the years. we need to stop punishing children who stand up to bullies. and we need to stop coddling the bullies. perhaps reinstate corporal punishment in schools, and get the parents involved again as well. when i was in school, and i was punished for good reason by the school, my parents added to the punishment rather than sued the school.

sixth, we need to get a proper drug problem going for kids these days. back when i was a kid, i got drug to the supermarket, to church, and other places by my parents. today kids just sit and play their video games and dont get drug anywhere.

How many of these points do you think people will agree to ? How many of these are practical?

First : "start forcing people to take personal responsibility for the things they say and do" - Since when do we force in this country? This is a free country..(remember we have rights as per constitution.. same rights you think is unbreakable for safeguarding your guns). This is Utopian view and can never be implemented.

Second : What is this logic? How does this help gun violence.. every new mass murder is committed by a new person. Professional criminals don't go around killing people at random. We will end up putting almost everybody in jail.

third: This is impractical. In fact this what they do in countries like UAE and other countries where there are no basic rights for people. You sir are advocating non-democratic ways to keep your guns!!

fourth: How is GOD in this equation?Which GOD? Your god? Jesus , Mohammed, OR other god? How will putting GOD going to work? How do you put GOD back? This country was founded on religious freedom.

fifth : How is reverence of life , abortion and gun violence linked? Having ZERO abortion will result in ZERO gun deaths or death by other sort of violence?

Sixth : what does this even mean? I cannot understand the point here.

All your points are just vaporware and impractical ! Its your way of thinking.. that everything in this world is wrong except your thinking! And you think this world needs your way of fixing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What if this guy had just driven his car at high speeds on the playground killing these kids? This is hysteria. The guy was an animal, don't forget WHO did it.
The fact is he didn't, what if an elephant stepped on your head?

I own guns for hunting and I carry a concealed handgun, but this is not the time to compare cars with guns especially if you are one of the 18 parents who were just told that your 5-7 year old son or daughter was killed.

I'm for enforcing the current gun laws, which don't get enforced very often but now is not the time to compare guns with cars, hammers, golf clubs or screw drivers.

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Should we take guns away from all law-abiding citizens, in case one whacko gets one?
YES!
This is no longer a case of "one whacko".... this is now a case of too many "whackos" with guns and the problem is that these killers are quite normal "law-abiding citizens" until they kill innocent people.
YES we should take guns away from everyone............. Guns are not needed or wanted in today's society. Gun laws should be put into place to stop anyone getting guns and any criminals who have guns can be dealt with by the police.
ANYONE in possession of a lethal weapon should be arrested on sight.
If anyone needs a gun eg farmer or someone who lives where they need to hunt to survive then each case should be looked at on its own merrit............... NO ONE in a town or city needs or should have a gun.......... simple.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Well look at it this way.......................how many people died in total on 9-11 as the result of a few box cutters used?
How many people did Tim McVie kill in 02 seconds ? No guns, no knives.

161 posts, read 264,567 times
Liberals are always itching to jump into bloody water to benefit their agenda... Sickening. People are still finding out about their loved ones hurt and the gun control advocates are jumping for joy.

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
50-1 the shooter is a GOP voter
Most people at this point couldnt care less if there was a political motivation behind this shooting, personally i'll go with just another whack job with gun goes nuts,How anyone can look a young preteen in the eye and pull the trigger not once but 20-30 times is beyond my level of comprehension,as well as the grief those parents must now be feeling..

Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 PM

223 posts, read 246,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
How is gun regulation able to help prevent this?

The only reason why the madman went in there is he know there is no gun beside the one he is carrying it.

If he know they maybe a gun, he would think twice before the act.
He was on a suicide mission! He wanted to die. How do you possibly deter someone who wants to go out in a blaze of bullets? Oh wait...more guns right?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Should we take guns away from all law-abiding citizens, in case one whacko gets one?
YES!
OK, there's one vote in favor of a draconian police state that watches, checks, interrogates, regulates, and controls EVERYBODY.

Anybody else think that's a good idea?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
All i know is this: if people keep shooting children in massacres, people will DEMAND that something be done. The 2nd Amendment is fine and all that, but at some point, folks aren't just gonna keep lying down for this foolishness.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
How?
LMAO!!!.............good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies