Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Used to be able to buy a gun at a hardware store, the problem is not availability.
The problem is crakpottery.

It seems to me the solution would be to limit sales to folks with a background of antisocial behavior/pyschotic episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM

490 posts, read 650,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it is a politician problem, after all who made it so our teachers would never be able to be trained and armed to protect our children?
I'm thinking that in a civilized society teachers wouldn't have to be armed in the first place?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It is idiocy, I admit. But really, all these guns we have in this country causing all this carnage is the real idiocy.
Giving governments a monopoly on arms has a long track record of leading to mass murder on a massive scale.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Been out to the theatre watching Red Dawn?
Red Dawn has nothing to do with it. EMP attacks are possible in a first strike attack.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I'm thinking that in a civilized society teachers wouldn't have to be armed in the first place?

well guess what, you would be wrong. there shall always be criminals and people who want to do children wrong. in Israel the teachers are armed against the criminal element and terrorists. why are our teachers not trained and armed the same way they are?

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They didn't have weapons of mass destruction in mind. Any weapon that can be fired repeatedly without reloading should NOT be under the 2nd amendment. So if you want to own a single shot bolt action deer hunting rifle, that's about all that should be allowed IMO.

They should go house to house and collect every damn gun in the country after this.
So, you'd prefer Nazi Germany, ok.

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Which "well-regulated militia" are you a member of...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
End of discussion
you two really need to educate yourselves.
the supreme court upheld the right to keep and bear arms as an idividual right more than four years ago

Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Good Lord. The government doesn't need you to help defend against an invasion. Maybe over 200 years ago when this outdated amendment was written they did. But this is not Red Dawn.
LOL

I see you've never heard of Pearl Harbor or Dutch Harbor either huh?

Is this what our public schools produce? Complacent pacifists completely devoid of history????

Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
What is it now...embrace a backward way of life? Live like Taliban in Afghanistan who carry around an AK47 and call it normal. Guns are not the answer...cleaning up the culture is the answer...for starters get those parasites in Hollywood under control who eat the flesh of children with their so-called entertainment were guns are every where. Guns have replaced the penis of American males and we send billions to Hollywood to those who have chopped it off.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:34 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
So where's the regulated militia? The Founding Fathers wanted the American citziens to form a "well regulated milita" in order to protect the people's rights. Allowing every possible madman to get automatic weapons has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment! Plus, that text belonged to an era where the Revolutionary War was recent and the fear of Brits invading the country was in everyone's minds.

Ths current gun issue is only due to NRA lobbyst putting $$ inside the Congressmen pockets. Nothing to do with personal freedom.

God bless those killed today, who sadly wont be the last ones.

well regulated, read up on that. it means nothing about making laws. it means something different that modern day language doesnt want to read into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies