Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
People like you blather on about the constitution, but you would throw out the rights of the accused because you like to hang em high and fast with out a trial, but don't touch my Second amendment. As Mark Twain said nothing needs reforming like other peoples rights.
That was a big leap. Hope you didn't pull a muscle. I'm a strong advocate of liberty and rights - even yours.

In a perfect world we'd never have to hang anyone. There wouldn't be events like today and the mentally ill would get treatment. But the world isn't always perfect and evil abounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
How about we ban everything???????????
I am on board with that...jk

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFather View Post
Yes, yes, guns are the problem along with red neck type people who are not edemecated to think.
I don't know you, but it is very possible you are more of the problem than the gun is.

Have you rejected God, ethics, morals and honor?

This disgusting PC experiment to make everything equal is a abysmal failure.

And these weapons are not typical of a mother, who it appears in fact bought them, making the purchase a straw man which is illegal.

This is a anti gun problem, with their so called Gun Free Zones..... Are you like what I am typing?

I have lost family to murder. A double murder no less. There is only one way to get my guns.

1,448 posts, read 1,931,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This one may be a game changer. Nearly 80% of Americans supported more gun control after the theater shooting. Most of us have reached the conclusion that this gun craziness has gone too far. This one will make the sentiment much more solid.

I think that a ban on semi-autos would save lives. I own three semi-auto handguns myself, though, so I do have mixed feelings on the matter. I could make do with a revolver though.
Eighty percent?

I think a source for statistical evidence of that may be in line here (unless, of course, you're referencing the garbage that's routinely published by the Violence Policy Center and Salon.com...).

And yes, sure, a ban on semi-automatics would save lives...just like that one time when a semi-automatic firearm ban saved 13 people from being shot to death at Columbine.

Get real.

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFather View Post
Yes, if we take the guns away, we will still see people getting killed. What we will not see is 27 children shot in school at the ripe old age of 3.
I'm sure you'd be much happier if they were blown up or otherwise killed, just as long as it wasn't with a dirty nasty, scary gun.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,145,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
For the respect and love of yourself, please go take a logic class.
If you have a point to make make it, or shut the F up. LOL

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
It's a little more than one whackaloon.

16,757 posts, read 8,177,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You need to explain to this gunowner why you wish to ban the Browning Silver Hunter I use for waterfowl.
So a 12 ga semi is not the weapon of choice what with the limited range and spread. So why not a .223 Bushmaster which can kill at a much faster rate

4,183 posts, read 6,512,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do RPGs kill people without a concious thought of someone pullingthe trigger to launch it. no it doesnt.
Yeah but the RPG in his hands makes it easier for the person to actualize his thoughts.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Flamethrowers are completely legal - 7 Items You Won't Believe Are Actually Legal | Cracked.com A quick Google search will yield plans as well as recipes for the "ammo".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies