Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM

472 posts, read 740,432 times

Advertisements

In today's tragedy, the murderer did not purchase the weapons. His mother did. Background checks and waiting periods would not alter the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You make me throw up. You and all your gun-worshipping kind who have created this culture of guns as solutions to problems are EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG WITH THIS SICK, STUPID COUNTRY.

Go ahead. Disrespect those dead children with your stupid, ignorant, ugly casual dismissal of this tragedy. May it never happen to you, but if it does, I hope you suffer the agonies of hell like those parents.
What is truly disrepecting those children is to exploit this tragedy for your politican agenda.

Explain to us how well drug laws are when it comes to keeping meth and pot from being brought into this country and distributed to every city and town. Have you ever had to go through a background check when buying pot? Or meth? The best way to get rid of any regulation is to turn the sales of guns over to the black market -- the cartels won't care about your background. Or sanity, or age.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You're damn right I'm incoherent. Human beings all feel that way right now ... but not you.
I don't feel that way. Why should we lose our faculties because some kids die? The U.S. incarcerates more people than China or Russia; those are fathers and mothers, but nobody cares about their kids. You only care because it's a bunch of white kids and you're a control freak.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 12-14-2012 at 10:08 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Shocker. Politicians pass another assault on the 2nd amendment.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Was that the case in today's shootings? I highly doubt it...handguns can not legally be sold out of state. Nor can they legally be sold to someone under 21 years of age. It seems like, once again, gun control laws have failed in the very scenarios they were designed to address.
Michigan already has a "permit to purchase" law as well. You can't just go into a gun shop and buy it. (Pick it out if you will). They want to know "what" gun...exact gun. You fill out the bulls*** form and wait. Once ok...then you go pick it up with yet ANOTHER Federal NICS FBI background check and a 4473.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Background checks are useless and have never prevented a crime. They do, however, make politicians look good.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Hahahahahaha

Ted Nugent-Kiss My Glock - YouTube

Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Michigan already has a "permit to purchase" law as well. You can't just go into a gun shop and buy it. (Pick it out if you will). They want to know "what" gun...exact gun. You fill out the bulls*** form and wait. Once ok...then you go pick it up with yet ANOTHER Federal NICS FBI background check and a 4473.
What a mess, I didn't realize MI had a waiting period and other hoops to jump through. In Idaho it's just the federal requirement. Walk in, pick out the gun, fill out the 4473, get the NICS (if you don't have a CCW) and take it home. 10 minutes on a good day, maybe 1/2 hour if the clerks are busy or the FBI is backed up.

In spite of that...we have one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or when the same groups that bring in illegal drugs from a neighboring country without any checks could simply add guns to their shipments.

Prohibition doesn't work -- or are you claiming it does?
There is no neighboring country that would bring guns into the US. Mexico doesn't have them. Our guns are way more superior. I agree that prohibition doesn't work. But we do need more regulations. It's a must that we have background checks and we should also have a waiting period.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
A vote can have more societal consequences than buying a gun. We dont do back ground checks for those do we.

I'd be willing to support background checks if EVERYONE that wants to vote has to go through one as well and have an valid state ID to vote.

I put my right to own a gun on the same level if not higher than my right to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies